PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami Appeal

Miket
29-12-04, 01:31 PM
Come on everbody lets make a difference, hands in pockets. :angel: :angel: :angel:

http://www.bluepeter.redcross.org.uk/tsappeal/appeal.htm

dodger
29-12-04, 06:55 PM
Good idea Mike,

Perhaps Robert could set this post as a sticky thread for a while.

robert
29-12-04, 07:10 PM
Good idea Mike,

Perhaps Robert could set this post as a sticky thread for a while.
It already is. :thumb:

the rock doc
29-12-04, 08:31 PM
Come on guys dig deep, I am actually out here and have already donated 50 pounds to the Red Cross.

Many thanks.

Miket
29-12-04, 09:26 PM
64 views so far, is your conscience pricking because you didn't donate, come on, you wouldn't think twice about putting 20 or 50 worth of petrol in your Cobra.

route66
30-12-04, 08:04 AM
Or you can give online at the Disasters Emergency Committee website (as broadcast by the BBC etc) at http://www.dec.org.uk/

David Large
30-12-04, 04:47 PM
Done that to www.dec.org.uk. Could not get through on the phone but easy on the net.
As somebody has already said we wouldn't hesitate to spend money on our cars.

david Large

chesterak
30-12-04, 08:39 PM
I think the best way is to use the established organization, DEC, as I have done. They are up to speed with who needs what and where. :thumb:

COBRA KEV01
30-12-04, 10:03 PM
As long as the money is not going into someones wage packet and goes to where relief is needed,then i agree,get your hands in your pockets guys i shall be going to the red cross charity shop tommorow.

plod
30-12-04, 10:08 PM
only cos u need a new wardrobe! the charity apsect happens to be a bonus ;)

Paul

COBRA KEV01
30-12-04, 10:28 PM
wardrobe,i dont think so!!
They are ideal for dumping unwanted crap though,but down here you cant leave it outside becouse the bloody drugies go through the bags to see what they can sell for drugs.Many a cold night you will find Miket going through the bin bags!!
So boys and girls take your stuff into the shops other wise people like mike will be depriving these charity shops of income,that hopefully would reach the needy.

Miket
30-12-04, 10:58 PM
Please, let's keep this thread for its intended use, if anybody wants to make a joke of it, please do it somewhere else, oh and by the way if you had read the Red Cross web-site properly, you would have noticed that they are unable to accept donated goods for this appeal. :( :( :(

mark b
31-12-04, 10:00 AM
I work for an airline, I have just got back from Columbo bringing some of the people home. All I can say is give as much as you can. Its pretty bad out there!

Mclaren
31-12-04, 12:41 PM
My god daughter lost her Father to the waves in Thailand. Fortunately, his body was found. Miraculously, her mother, younger sister and older brother survived and have arrived home safely. The horrors this family have endured are beyond description and would truly make you weep. Just one family in thousands.

Please give as much as you can.

COBRA KEV01
31-12-04, 02:01 PM
A couple of Friends of mine who work for royal mail travel abroad for surfing holidays and general travel,were rather fortunate whilst over there,they managed to cling to a couple of palm trees apparently it was just carnage,i wonder if they can look at the sea in the same way after all this,the scenes of mass graves are reminiscent of the holocaust or that of genicide very disturbing to say the least.

COBRA KEV01
31-12-04, 02:05 PM
Please, let's keep this thread for its intended use, if anybody wants to make a joke of it, please do it somewhere else, oh and by the way if you had read the Red Cross web-site properly, you would have noticed that they are unable to accept donated goods for this appeal. :( :( :(

Yes Mike i do know.
But anybody who wants to give cash to this appeal can do so by entering these charity shops as with oxfam e.t.c and pay cash over the counter .

stevee8
01-01-05, 09:50 AM
I am asking this for all the right reasons but has anyone heard what has happened to the RV Dynamics team in Sri Lanka?

Purple AK
01-01-05, 10:12 AM
Hi Steve,

All accounted for and safe. Although all of the Sri Lankan workers seem to have lost someone in their family http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=145304&f=30&h=0

stevee8
01-01-05, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the update Chris. Let's hope the worldwide response can make some real inroads into sorting it out as quickly as possible.

COBRA KEV01
03-01-05, 01:05 PM
Does anyone realise that none of the Arab world has helped at all with the crisis.
Also,so i am led to believe,Israel sent aid and the goverment refused it,work that one out.

route66
03-01-05, 03:51 PM
Does anyone realise that none of the Arab world has helped at all with the crisis.
Incorrect.

Qatar - 13 mil
Saudi Arabia - 5.2 mil
Libya - 1 mil
plus UAE and other emirates lesser amounts

westborne
04-01-05, 07:09 AM
Donated quickly over phone with the Red Cross - no problem.
Just Heard that one of my workmates lost his wife.
This disaster has affected almost everybody in one way or another.

Puts life into perspective !!!