PDA

View Full Version : Chevy or LS6

shadow
03-01-05, 03:52 PM
I know what kit I will go for. But before I get there I was thinking of getting the engine sorted first. I remember Andy form GD open day saying now is a good time to buy a lump from the states cos of the exchange rate!
I'm realy bad with engines and would preffer to go down the crated road. Or if there is a cheaper alternative where I could get an engine that I dont have to worry about.

I like the look and sound of the chevy. A nice engine to open the hood to (hmm Shiny bits... ) But it is heavier than the Gen3 LS6.

Apparently the LS6 is good around town and easier to control & a little less thirsty.
Personaly I dont think it looks all that when you open the hood. But I suppose that doesnt realy matter.

Is there much difference in the sound between the two, if so what, or is a V8 sound standard. (showing my stuipdness here :p )
What would I be looking at price wise for a Standard setup that would fit ready into the slot & is there a website that lists prices so that I can have a look and think?

Reason for the questions is that I know the name chevy and it is an engine that is ideal for the car (in my mind). But I also like some of the aspects of the LS6 and am confused as to which way to go.

What do you recomend?
Any info would help loads.
Thanks. :thumb:

shadow
05-01-05, 07:19 PM
Anyone? Please?

mylesdw
05-01-05, 07:26 PM
As far as the noise goes, they will sound pretty much the same. The 'standard' V8 noise from an American V8 comes from the fact that they all (?) use a 90 degree crank which forces the firing order to produce the familiar off-beat sound. The alternative is a 180 degree crank as found in Ferrari V8s which have a totally different sound.

mylesdw
05-01-05, 07:43 PM
try www.gmpartsdepot.com possibly not the cheapest but definitely the 'genuine article'. Looks like the LS6 is much dearer than say a 383 stroker motor. Their ZZ383/425hp crate motor at $4965 looks tasty.

robert
05-01-05, 07:48 PM
As far as the noise goes, they will sound pretty much the same. The 'standard' V8 noise from an American V8 comes from the fact that they all (?) use a 90 degree crank which forces the firing order to produce the familiar off-beat sound. The alternative is a 180 degree crank as found in Ferrari V8s which have a totally different sound.
Actually, the standard Chevy and the LS1/6 sound completely different as they have a different firing order. The LS engines have a different firing order to reduce the noise and move away from that off-beat sound. :thumb:

Robin427
05-01-05, 09:35 PM
The LS6 is still a reasonably expensive engine. If you go for a late model LS1 you will get pretty much the same engine but for less money.

I bought mine off eBay with an attached T56 6-speed gearbox for $5000

The LS engines need a lot more wiring to be done than the old iron-block/carb engines. I did all my wiring myself and got the engine started without too much trouble (even when my friend connected his jump leads up in such a way that it shorted his car battery... mmm... melty)

I'll be putting a Howto up on my website in the near future as to how I did the wiring

mark
05-01-05, 11:32 PM
hi,if you want something you can play with yourself and have half a chance of fixing and trouble shooting yourself then i would go for the older motor be it chevy or ford (did i just say the f word ,thats uncle wilfes infuance rearing its ugly head)there are lots of parts ,lots of power to be had and its getting better to get your hands on in the uk,the LS motors i think would be a little more tricky to work on but may hold tune better and are more up to date.so you will know yourself which is better for you,my personal preferance was chevy ,haveing said i have just finnished building a 383 mopar motor which is on the dyno sat , its a bit big but to be honest it looks ok in the cobra
hope this helps

regards mark (fat boy northern)

dave
05-01-05, 11:45 PM
Evening, Super Mario. :D :D :D

shadow
06-01-05, 01:00 PM
Cheers for the info. I had an incling that the LS6 would be a little harder to work on, not that I'd know what I was doing, but makes sence to me that a chevy would be best for a first timer....?

How is the standard Chevey to drive about town, do any of you have trouble starting them or keeping them going in trafic?

I spoted a link on this site for cheveys. Is this a good deal? http://www.enginefactory.com/ Just thinking exchange rate.
Or can you get the same spec here cheaper in the UK?

The mist is clearing :thumb:

mylesdw
06-01-05, 05:28 PM
Sorry about the bum info! I had not realised they changed the firing order for the LS engines. Here's a thought: If you are intending to run side pipes with no balance tube (although why you should want to do that escapes me!) the even fire LS6 might sound a bit better.

shadow
06-01-05, 06:25 PM
Intresting Idea! :-} :thumb:

TR Mike
15-01-05, 08:55 PM
You could also get an ls engine without the efi and carb it. So' you'd get a great engine but with simplicity. Look on the holley site, I'm sure there's some info there or try Popular Hot rodding. The power figures are a bit inflated imho:)

Dax SC
15-01-05, 10:44 PM
Shadow,

Check out our web site, then give me a ring. I'll give you a price in dollars including shiping and the sterling equivelent including UK taxes. As an indication, a top-end Chevy 383 Stroker 450 HP with polished everying will work out at about 4500 all in.

When comparing prices, compares apples with apples and use this check list

ENGINE FACTORY TURN KEY ENGINES USE ONLY THE FINEST BRAND NAME PARTS AVAILABLE. THEY ARE HAND ASSEMBLED AND TESTED BY ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS. WE WANT YOU TO SHOP AROUND, BUT WE WANT YOU TO ASK THE FOLLOWING 30 QUESTIONS WHEN COMPARING ENGINES.

ENGINE FACTORY

BRAND X

1. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW CARBURETOR?

YES

2. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD?

YES

3. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW DISTRIBUTOR?

YES

4. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW SPARK PLUGS?

YES

5. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW IGNITION WIRES?

YES

6. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW IGNITION COIL?

YES

7. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW CHROME AIR CLEANER?

YES

8. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW VALVE COVERS?

YES

9. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW OIL PAN?

YES

10. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW TIMING COVER?

YES

11. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW HARMONIC BALANCER?

YES

12. DOES ENGINE COME WITH COMPLETE P.C.V SYSTEM?

YES

13. DOES ENGINE COME WITH ALL GROMMETS AND BREATHER?

YES

14. DOES ENGINE COME WITH OIL FILTER AND HOUSING?

YES

15. DOES ENGINE COME WITH OIL AND FILTER?

YES

16. DOES ENGINE COME WITH DIPSTICK AND TUBE?

YES

17. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW WATER PUMP?

YES

18. DOES ENGINE COME WITH THERMOSTAT AND HOUSING?

YES

19. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW FUEL PUMP?

YES

20. DOES ENGINE COME WITH NEW FUEL LINES?

YES

21. HAS THE ENGINE BEEN HOT RUN?

YES

22. ARE THE VALVES FULLY ADJUSTED?

YES

23. HAS DISTRIBUTOR TIMING BEEN ADJUSTED?

YES

24. HAS THE CARBURETOR BEEN ADJUSTED?

YES

25. HAS THE ENGINE BEEN HOT TESTED FOR LEAKS?

YES

26. HAS THE OIL PRESSURE BEEN TESTED COLD AND HOT?

YES

27. HAS THE AUTOMATIC CHOKE BEEN ADJUSTED?

YES

28. IS A NEW AUTOMATIC TRANS FLY WHEEL INCLUDED?

YES

29. IS AN INSTALLATION VIDEO INCLUDED?

YES

30. IS THERE A VIDEO OF YOUR ENGINE RUNNING?

YES

Ask all 30 of the above questions then ask for them in writing. At that point we know who you will call. The people who have been building them right for 32 years.

Cheers

01952 604944

oglyoodoo
16-01-05, 04:03 PM
Sounds Good....

I need an engine... Does it come with a warranty that doesn't start till the SVA test assuming it's not more than 6 months away???? Just thought I'd ask...

Denis

Dax SC
16-01-05, 05:07 PM
Yes, Warranty is normally for 6 months after SVA. I say 'normally' because there is not one instance where a problem with an engine has occurred AFTER the warranty period has expired where we have not sent replacement parts free of charge.

dave
16-01-05, 08:12 PM
Can we all play????

DB Replicas are now able to offer turnkey engine packages.
Typical 383 stroker Chevy.(Around 440 BHP 470Ft Lb Torque)

Spec.
1. Chevy 350 4 bolt 1970's High Nickel block fully machined.
+30 over bore.
Decked
Line honed
ARP studded
Brass core plugs
CL-77 Cam bearings
Oil valley vent tubes installed
Modded oil feeds.
2.Eagle ESP steel crank. 3.750 stroke, cross drilled mains.
3. Eagle rods 5140 forged 5.7" long
ARP cap screw bolts loaded bronze bushed floating pins.
4. Keith Black hyperutectic flat top pistons 10.4:1 CR.
5. Speed pro. moly piston rings (File fit).
6. All bearings are Clevite 77.
7. Cam is ISS. .510 lift 224 duration 108 centre line.
8. Rhoads vari duration anti pump lifters (improved bottom end and idle)
Rockwell tested to 55rc.
9. Engine Works true roller timing set. 0250 rollet pins 4130 steel gears.
Advanced 4 degrees.
Crane lock plate kit.
10. Kevo 7 qt low profile sump with HV pick up. 4130 oil pump drive.
ARP oil pump studs used.
11. Engine Works one piece sump gasket (Rubber)
12. Canfield 200cc fully CNC machined alloy heads with 2.05/ 1.60 SS
Manton valves, Comp valve springs rated to .540 lift. Comp moly retainers
Manton forged locks, perfect Circle posi seals (Thick).
13. ARP 3/8" studs in heads. Engine Works billet alloy full roller rocker
1.5:1 ratio (Not roller tip rockers), pushrods are Manton 4130 forged+ .250" long over std.
14. Gaskets are Mr'G comp and Engine Works Alloy head gaket set.
15. Intake is Power+Typhoon polished, RPM range idle to 6500.
16. Holley 3110-S zinc series, power valve protected and re callibrated,
Chrome dual feed fuel line with pressure gauge. Choice of air filters.
Chrome dual throttle return springs and bracket.
17.Engine Works HEI dizzy body with MSD 6AL digital controller.
8.5mm leads.
18. Alloy HV water pump.
Billet pollished alloy pulleys.
19.polished alloy timing chain cover with precision billet race pointer.
20. Pollished alloy rocker covers (Choice of styles)
21.K+N push in breather, billet pollished alloy PCV valve.
hoses stainless braided with anodised clip covers
22.Engine Works 110 GPH Chrome fuel pump.
23. New Chrome 100amp alternator and chrome brackets.
24. Bosch platinum series spark plugs.
25. High Torque starter.
26Engine painted with VHT black gloss ceramic and then coated with VHT
clear laquer. All bolts Stainless Steel.
27. Engine Hines balanced, balance card included. All parts and assy photo'd and documented. Engien primed, timed and ready to run straight out of the crate.
29. Engine Works billet steel flywheel
30. Centre Force dual friction clutch assy with ARP bolts.

All that's missing is a gearbox and bellhousing which are available from Repower to bolt directly to this package.

Price. 6500 inc VAT. delivered to your door (UK mainland) (as usual with DB there is nothing to add (All the "BLING" parts are already fitted))
This price may not seem the cheepest but don't forget to compare the components used......If it has no brand name then it's worthless!!!!

NB. Canfield heads are made to order so these engines are NOT off the shelf Items. and have to be ordered up in advance (Around 2-3 months at the moment).

RE: Apples to apples.
If you want branded parts then there they are.

Does the engine come with full roller rockers?
will the engine make the claimed BHP figures on Desktop Dyno?
Does the engine come with an MSD 6AL ignition set?
Does the engine come with a billet steel flywheel?
and Centre force clutch?
All covers polished alloy not chrome.(inc. Rockers covers and timing chain cover)
Q's 1-30 yes

Warranty. 12 Months from SVA pass.

:thumb: :thumb:

Here's one I fitted earlier.

More expensive?...............YES.
Better spec........................YES.

Apples to apples!!!! :thumb:

Colin GD427
16-01-05, 09:33 PM
Shadow
This is a LS1 with a very smooth 350 bhp for the Holden on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4518567941&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:
IT works out at about 2395.00 sterling but you will have shipping, 4% duty and Vat. Or speak to Andy @ GD as he is Importing the LS1, LS2 , and LS6 from the States

shadow
17-01-05, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all the info and help chaps! :D :thumb: :-}

shadow
23-01-05, 04:40 PM
Ok, I'm in a right dilema now... lol, I'm prety sure I will go for the Chevy 383 Stroker Thanks to Pat giving me a ride to the grasshopper :thumb: such a smooth ride. But what is it to be first? Do I get the body first and risk the prices going up considerably, or get the Lump asap and let the funds build back up for the body??? :rolleyes:

I have also seen a few engines on ebay. But as I said earlier, I would want something out of the box with as little work needed. Can this sort of thing be trusted? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7949143225&category=33615
Or would piece of mind say go with one of the 2 guys who replied on here?

Whats the difference between Dave's quote and Dax SC's quote appart from the branded extras? Dax SC, is that price of 4500 inc shipping and the taxes?

Logicaly the engine is something you buy towards the end. But what do you guys think?

(head in hands) I have sooooo many questions.... :confused:

dave
23-01-05, 05:14 PM
Ok, I'm in a right dilema now... lol, I'm prety sure I will go for the Chevy 383 Stroker Thanks to Pat giving me a ride to the grasshopper :thumb: such a smooth ride. But what is it to be first? Do I get the body first and risk the prices going up considerably, or get the Lump asap and let the funds build back up for the body??? :rolleyes:

I have also seen a few engines on ebay. But as I said earlier, I would want something out of the box with as little work needed. Can this sort of thing be trusted? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7949143225&category=33615
Or would piece of mind say go with one of the 2 guys who replied on here?

Whats the difference between Dave's quote and Dax SC's quote appart from the branded extras? Dax SC, is that price of 4500 inc shipping and the taxes?

Logicaly the engine is something you buy towards the end. But what do you guys think?

(head in hands) I have sooooo many questions.... :confused:

That must be one hell of a motor on e-bay to be able to produce those figures with stock (The valve sizes are stock) Chevy heads.
The engines that myself and Dax SC supply at least have aftermarkes alloy heads, being canfield and Edelbrock respectively..
Here's a picture of the inside and out of an engine from me, does anyone else fit full roller rockers?. Will the engine make the claimed BHP on simulation software such as Desktop Dyno?
Also ask yourself, Do you really need / want all that power? It's the torque that pins you in the seat and I am able to supply an Iron head 383 stroker that will wipe the floor with the run of the mill 350BHP motors that have alloy heads.

At the end of the day you won't get something that you don't pay for.
You really need to check out what is inside the engine to gauge it's worth.
EG> Edelbrock sell a package that they claim will produce 420BHP from a 350 Chevy, most people have found that this package only actually produces around 380BHP, and is a bit of a pig to drive low down the rev range. :thumb:

gd02 cob
23-01-05, 06:21 PM
With regards the engine Dave is talking about, I have a Fastco engine in my GD, not supplied by Dave, but I got mine direct from Daryl the engine builder, someone that I know personally.
This engine is absolutely superb. If you are interested you can call me and I can tell you just how good it is.

Nick

Glyn_Turner
24-01-05, 09:02 AM
I have GD and like you I wanted a complete engine with all ancilliaries. I bought my complete engine and gearbox assembly from Brian at Repower who is based near Brighton. He has some 'standard' engine packages or will build to any spec you like. I went for a 383 stroker with roller cams to give lots of torque and relatively smooth idle, making for easier town driving.

I went down the route of getting the chassis rolling and most of the body assembly complete before getting the engine gearbox otherwise it will be sat around until you are ready to fit. My engine/gearbox took about 3 hours to fit into my rolling chassis which I trailed down to Repower and fitted there.

Best regards

Glyn

Dax SC
24-01-05, 04:45 PM
Hi Shadow,

The price quoted includes shipping and taxes. All engines are built to order, so you can have any upgrades you wish or a discount. For example we can upgrade to the new Edelbrock 'Permastar' coated inlet manifolds for free, or from KB hyperutectic pistons to forged.

Build time is currently 27 days, plus 5 days airfreight to your nearest airport.

With regard to your order of build, I would suggest that you complete as much as you can on your Cobra and put the engine and transmission in last, otherwise you have several grands worth of engine and tranny sitting on your garage floor!

shadow
14-09-06, 09:27 PM
Chevy or ls.... its still going, lol.

I haven't forgotten u guys either! :thumb:

Ricky
14-09-06, 09:33 PM
LS of corse:)

depends tho on what you want.. the old iron blocks are cheap and easy to fix etc and sound very very nice but then the LS are light smooth and lots of MPG.

i would check out cleaveland pick a part in the states, they do very good deals and last time i check shipping was $800. ( for ls engines)

regards

slogger
14-09-06, 09:39 PM
A real LS6 Big Block, the way to go.:D :thumb:

Clarkson
14-09-06, 09:40 PM
Chevy or ls.... its still going, lol.

I haven't forgotten u guys either! :thumb:

I know someone selling a LS6!;)

Ricky
14-09-06, 09:41 PM
I know someone selling a LS6!;)

really? tell me more.....:thumb:

Clarkson
14-09-06, 09:43 PM
really? tell me more.....:thumb:

Don't be greedy,you already have a LS1.:D :D

Ricky
14-09-06, 09:48 PM
Don't be greedy,you already have a LS1.:D :D

yer but i decided to use a LS for my placement studies so i want another lump ;)

Clarkson
14-09-06, 09:55 PM
yer but i decided to use a LS for my placement studies so i want another lump ;)

You can't afford 6K tho!:p :p

Ricky
14-09-06, 09:59 PM
Cant i ? O ok ill go somwhere else then.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Clarkson
14-09-06, 10:05 PM
Cant i ? O ok ill go somwhere else then.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You have PM.:thumb:

fastco
14-09-06, 11:57 PM
Can we all play????

DB Replicas are now able to offer turnkey engine packages.
Typical 383 stroker Chevy.(Around 440 BHP 470Ft Lb Torque)

Spec.
+30 over bore.
Decked
Line honed
ARP studded
Brass core plugs
CL-77 Cam bearings
Modded oil feeds.
Rockwell tested to 55rc.
Advanced 4 degrees.
Crane lock plate kit.
ARP oil pump studs used.
1.5:1 ratio (Not roller tip rockers), pushrods are Manton 4130 forged+ .250" long over std.
8.5mm leads.
18. Alloy HV water pump.
25. High Torque starter.
27. Engine Hines balanced, balance card included. All parts and assy photo'd and documented. Engien primed, timed and ready to run straight out of the crate.

All that's missing is a gearbox and bellhousing which are available from Repower to bolt directly to this package.

Price. 6500 inc VAT. delivered to your door (UK mainland) (as usual with DB there is nothing to add (All the "BLING" parts are already fitted))
This price may not seem the cheepest but don't forget to compare the components used......If it has no brand name then it's worthless!!!!

NB. Canfield heads are made to order so these engines are NOT off the shelf Items. and have to be ordered up in advance (Around 2-3 months at the moment).

RE: Apples to apples.
If you want branded parts then there they are.

Does the engine come with full roller rockers?
will the engine make the claimed BHP figures on Desktop Dyno?
Does the engine come with an MSD 6AL ignition set?
Does the engine come with a billet steel flywheel?
and Centre force clutch?
All covers polished alloy not chrome.(inc. Rockers covers and timing chain cover)
Q's 1-30 yes

Warranty. 12 Months from SVA pass.

:thumb: :thumb:

Here's one I fitted earlier.

More expensive?...............YES.
Better spec........................YES.

Apples to apples!!!! :thumb:
ELLO ELLO DAVE ... nice one mate Thanks! Dr.Dee

fastco
15-09-06, 12:05 AM
ELLO ELLO DAVE ... nice one mate Thanks! Dr.Dee
Spec.
+30 over bore.
Decked
Line honed
ARP studded
Brass core plugs
CL-77 Cam bearings
Modded oil feeds.
Rockwell tested to 55rc.
Advanced 4 degrees.
Crane lock plate kit.
ARP oil pump studs used.
8.5mm leads.
18. Alloy HV water pump.
25. High Torque starter.

Date mailed Feb 12 /04
Spec build sheet by Daryl / Dr.Dee owner Fastco Automotive Procucts USA DBA registerd
New York USA.

fastco
15-09-06, 02:19 AM
That must be one hell of a motor on e-bay to be able to produce those figures with stock (The valve sizes are stock) Chevy heads.
The engines that myself and Dax SC supply at least have aftermarkes alloy heads, being canfield and Edelbrock respectively..
Here's a picture of the inside and out of an engine from me, does anyone else fit full roller rockers?. Will the engine make the claimed BHP on simulation software such as Desktop Dyno?
Also ask yourself, Do you really need / want all that power? It's the torque that pins you in the seat and I am able to supply an Iron head 383 stroker that will wipe the floor with the run of the mill 350BHP motors that have alloy heads.

At the end of the day you won't get something that you don't pay for.
You really need to check out what is inside the engine to gauge it's worth.
EG> Edelbrock sell a package that they claim will produce 420BHP from a 350 Chevy, most people have found that this package only actually produces around 380BHP, and is a bit of a pig to drive low down the rev range. :thumb:
Right your are Dave.. here's another pic of our forged roller rockers... yes bullet proof indeed . Cheers! DR,Dee
http://thumb16.webshots.net/t/57/757/5/64/77/2502564770087216316jUTjyA_th.jpg (http://community.webshots.com/photo/2502564770087216316jUTjyA)

shadow
15-09-06, 10:09 AM
He posted that 1.5 years ago, sure the price must have droped? exchange rate and all.. :thumb: :p

fastco
15-09-06, 04:10 PM
[quote:788578835c="Dax SC"]Shadow,

Check out our web site, then give me a ring. I'll give you a price in dollars including shiping and the sterling equivelent including UK taxes. As an indication, a top-end Chevy 383 Stroker 450 HP with polished everying will work out at about 4500 all in.

When comparing prices, compares apples with apples and use this check list

ENGINE FACTORY TURN KEY ENGINES USE ONLY THE FINEST BRAND NAME PARTS AVAILABLE. THEY ARE HAND ASSEMBLED AND TESTED BY ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS. WE WANT YOU TO SHOP AROUND, BUT WE WANT YOU TO ASK THE FOLLOWING 30 QUESTIONS WHEN COMPARING ENGINES.

Right good points Mark... here some more questions to ask when comparing apples to apples when looking for a complete turn key hi-po engine regardless of where you purchase it.
Hello mates been asked what i mean buy apples ton apples comparison when talking high performance engine...
Exsample #1 most common build
Chevy 350/383cid engine (turn key) 400+BHP ,10.5:1 comp ,Chevy 350 4 bolt main block full CNC machined ,decked & squared
bored .030 over with BHJ deck plates ,line honed mains on Sunnen ,ARP main stud kit loaded
Brass frost plugs loaded ,CL-77 race brgs.
Crank is new Scat steel 3.750 stroke 9000 series full CNC machined , rods new Scat 4340 I beam 6.00 long , Pistons S/P hyper , rings S/P
moly race .
New Power + 8" dia degreed damper.
Crank assembly Hines balanced with spec card inc
Cam is custom grind Engine Works USA hyd .488 lift. TRW hyd lifters , Rollmaster billet steel true roller .250 dia seemless pins.
double roller 3 crank key.
Oil pump Melling HV-55 ARP 4130 forged drive
Oil pan is E/W USA 7qt race pan low profile
Heads are GM heavyweight casting full CNC machined 2.02 & 1.60 SS valves comp valve train ,Miller roller rockers ARP studs.Full Serdi CNC machined ,bronze guides , 3 angle valve cut on seats.
Intake is Power + Air gap polished high rise single plane , Carb is Quick Fuel USA Holley 650 CFM all the tricks .
Ignition is Engine Works USA HEI race alum
race dizzy 63,000 volt coil /adjustable vac advance, with Mega-Firei Wires are Mega-Fire 8.5mm wires A/C plugs
R&M wire looms.
Fuel pump is Holley SS 80 GPH , ARP pump drive.braided SS fuel lines
All covers are custom polished alum with billet
alum PCV & breather by Roadware. All hardware is stainless
steel.
Altin is custom E/W USA 100 amp chrome brackets, all pulleys
are polished alum by Roadware with Dayco cogged belt drive.
Water pump new GM high flow.
New SFI tagged 153 tooth flywheel by E/W USA & Fenco HD clutch assembly with ARP mount bolt kits.
This is a true turn key load & go street/strip
engine , you add coolant & petrol & 12 volt & go
As we can see there are a lot of questions you need to ask in regards to a true turn key fully alum dressed load & go engine with nothing extra to buy... open crate load engine fire up & drive your Cobra....
Hope this helps you compare apples to apples when shopping for BHP & show quality Cobra engines..
If the suppler does not disclose all the parts in your engine eg band names & part #'s of those brand names... you will get , reground cranks reconditioned rods , cheap cast alum pistons , reconditioned heads / light weight no hard seats installed for unleaded fuel ,generic perf parts not brand name perf parts eg parts made in Mexico / China ect/ ... so remember to get a complete detailed parts list & build spec sheet from suppler before you put down your hard earned dosh.
Cheers!
Dr,Dee

mcartney
15-09-06, 04:38 PM
Daryl

Hi
Give me an update on my engine by mail please.

regards Ian.

fastco
15-09-06, 05:08 PM
Daryl

Hi
Give me an update on my engine by mail please.

regards Ian.

Hello Ian check your e-mail sir.... regards Daryl