PDA

View Full Version : New Dax

nearly thers
04-01-05, 03:45 PM
Hello there yet another who has followed this site for years but never registered. Been building a Dax on the go slow for nearly eight years and it finally looks like it might hit the road by the spring!

She's a 1998 chassis running a V12, well somebody has to build them nowadays. Yes when I started this project a decent small block was a small fortune so the V12 was my easy option with the funds at hand. Still she should go once all the problems have been ironed out.

David Rollin
04-01-05, 08:30 PM
Good luck with that. My V8 Chevy powered Dax (been building on and off for 3 years) is due to have its SVA Test on 13 January so my fingers are crossed!

David R

BIGUNDIES
05-01-05, 01:25 AM
All the best for the 13th, I bet your glad its a thursday and not a friday!!

Cheers

Lee

BILKO
05-01-05, 12:08 PM
good luck on the 13th, had my sva a few months ago, was more nervous then going to the dentist but ended up actualy enjoying the sva and having a laugh with the examiners. i'll cross me fingers for you.

BILKO:thumb: :thumb:

David Rollin
06-01-05, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the good wishes. I knew for a fact that the car would fail on its 18" Halibrands but fortunately Dave Brookes from DB Replicas came to the rescue with some 17" wheels which have already passed the SVA test.

Had a scare last night when I noticed the screen wipers would not self park. Thought I had missed something during build and had visions of major strip down. Fortunately one of the wires had pulled out of the plug on the harness.

Have decided to take tomorrow off to scrutinise the whole car. I'm trying to stay cool

Cheers