PDA

View Full Version : What is This?

mouldb
05-01-05, 01:04 PM
Hi all,
I have been told that this is a cobra replica chassis, of which origin I do not have a clue.:confused:
Could one of you wise boffins shed some light please, before I go and buy it!

Thanks,

Bruce

Paul B
05-01-05, 01:27 PM
Why are you considering buying this ?

It seems to me, that the fuel tank and framework is in the wrong place to be a cobra replica as this is right in the middle of the boot space. It also looks very heavy.

Are there any other parts to go with this chassis like the suspension parts, body parts etc ?

If not, you would need to make all the rest of the parts yourself and then the seller ought to give you the chassis, not sell it !

This seems to be one of the most extreme ways of getting a Cob.

Good luck

Paul B

FatBoy
05-01-05, 03:17 PM
My thoughts exactly.
Why would you want to buy it ?

Paul

Miket
05-01-05, 03:36 PM
Bruce

If the seller gives you 50 to remove it, don't bother. :( :(

shadow
05-01-05, 04:34 PM
Cobra Chassis? Looks more like a can for worms! Wouldnt Bother.

Chimeara
05-01-05, 06:08 PM
I apologise if any of this offends but there is no way on gods earth that is a cobra chassis, Mr Shelby would pass out if he eventhought such an item could ever immitate his classic car. The only good thing I can say about it is that it makes my pilgrim chassis look good after all.

The money and development that you would need to put into this to get it running would exceed a new chassis from pilgrim or on second thoughts evan a GD or AK build would probably be cheaper.

I really dont know what chassis it could ever be but I would never say its going to be a cobra

Anthony

Dutch Paul
05-01-05, 06:43 PM
It would probably be better put to use as a farm gate.

PS It`s not got DAX stamped on it has it??? :D :D :D

Sorry - had to get that in before anyone else did ;)

wilf
05-01-05, 08:18 PM
Chimeara wrote:

"I apologise if any of this offends but there is no way on gods earth that is a cobra chassis, Mr Shelby would pass out if he even thought such an item could ever immitate his classic car"

I have to disagree, if only slightly.

If you paid him enough, Shelby would put his signature on that POS and allow it to marketed under his name, and that is a fact! LOL

callum
05-01-05, 08:26 PM
http://www.cashels.net/images/products/small/crush.jpg (http://www.cashels.net/MobCrush.htm) Looks like one of these to me - a mobile cattle crush! :finger:

Chimeara
05-01-05, 09:35 PM
Sorry Wilf I guess anything is possible with enough financial incentive.

I can see the similarities too Callum however the only difference is the cattle crush has a use.

Anthony

rich
05-01-05, 09:44 PM
Bruce,

I think what you have found is the very rare prototype chassis for this...
....it belonged to a well respected hollywood family, and could be worth quite a lot

mouldb
05-01-05, 10:53 PM
All,

Thanks for your Quick but honest replies. I have just picked myself up off the floor, it does bare an uncanny resemblance to the mobile cattle crush previously mentioned.
I hope I have amused a few of you, as I certainly have enjoyed the replies.

Thanks,

Bruce.

robert
05-01-05, 11:07 PM
All,

Thanks for your Quick but honest replies. I have just picked myself up off the floor, it does bare an uncanny resemblance to the mobile cattle crush previously mentioned.
I hope I have amused a few of you, as I certainly have enjoyed the replies.

Thanks,

Bruce.
Sorry if some of the replies are a bit short and sweet, but we hate to see like minded individuals go through a whole load of hassle following their dreams. Forewarned is forearmed. :thumb: :thumb:

westborne
06-01-05, 08:10 AM
Got the solution guys - its a window cleaners cradle for High Rise buildings complete with built in water tank !!!