PDA

View Full Version : Barry Grant crate carbs

nbracken
13-01-05, 07:56 PM
I got lucky twice this week.....which is better than my average when at home...

1) I am in the US visiting the Detroit auto show and was there when the Shelby GR1 concept was unveiled - looking more than a little reminiscent of the Daytona Cobra IMHO. the great man himself was there of course and while I couldn't bring myself to stand in line for his autograph it felt just a little special being in his presence.

2) I also decided to order a new carb while I was here from Summit Racing. My 10 year old Holley 600 has had a small but persistent leak for some time and, having read that this is not totally unusual I decided to treat myself to a new Barry Grant Speed Demon - many members on the site here recommended this carb. Although not mentioned in their excellent catalogue I found on their website that they do versions of the Speed Demon already calibrated to suit a range of crate engines, including the Chevy ZZ4 - which I have. I am really hopeful that I will be able to unbolt the leaky Holley, bolt on my new Barry Grant and away we go ( I did order the dual feed fitting which I now need as the Holley only had one inlet). I also ordered the spring kit so I can play around with the rate at which the vac secondaries open. On my Holley I had changed to the lightest spring whch seemed to work well.

wilf
14-01-05, 08:02 PM
maybe - but I don't envy you the flight back "home".