PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 2005

DayCoupe
20-01-05, 05:09 PM
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has recently been to Le Mans and camped in Karting Nord. I managed to get hold of a campsite pass for there today. I was hoping to get into Houx Annexe as per last year but unfortunately the late bird didn't catch the worm!!

I walked through the site last year on the way down to Porsche Curves, and it seemed fine but just wondered if anyones stayed there, and what their opinions are of the site?

Cheers

Kev

Andy S
20-01-05, 05:13 PM
Dont know about the camping but the view from the roof of the pits is pretty good.

paul
20-01-05, 07:44 PM
yep did karting north but ended up right by the entrance still good though but quite a walk to the main village
Paul

Andy S
20-01-05, 07:51 PM
Paul you are such a wuss its only a few minutes from there to the village!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snakebite
20-01-05, 08:42 PM
Good site, one of the best I reckon. :thumb:

DayCoupe
21-01-05, 07:29 PM
Thanks for your comments. Looking at the campsite plan it doesn't appear to be any further away from the village than Houx Annexe so thats a bonus.

Now got probs though with the time of my Summer exams!! The exam timetable won't be released until Easter, or possibly as late as early May!!! I can't really book the ferry until I know when they are (Last day of the semester = 17th June!!!). I was hoping to leave Thursday but will just have to wait now and hope that I can still get a ferry nearer the time! Anyone know what the chances are like of getting a ferry for Le Mans weekend in early May time?? I should think its quite slim myself!

Kev

Nigel
22-01-05, 04:44 PM
Kev, like you left it late and had some good advice from this site. I think chances of a Fery are slim. Very booked up already, Im on waiting list with Page and Moy for a spot but may not now be going as those going with cacelled. Still fancy taking my lad over and have heard of a site at Chateau d' Eporce to camp via the LeMans Race wbsite but so far the camping here seems a bit more expensive and is 15 mins drive away. Anyone been to it? If so, whats it like please?

Good Luck Kev, You may get a ferry but have to do a longer drive in the Cobra......not too bad then! Nigel

DayCoupe
22-01-05, 05:57 PM
Nigel,

If you are looking for campsite passes for Le Mans I can tell you that Just Tickets had some going for the Beausejour campsite within the circuit on Thursday when i spoke to them. It may be worth a call (tel: 01304 228866). Also nearer the time im sure there will be some tickets for sale on eBay so if all else fails it may be worth keeping an eye on there :rolleyes:

Have you been to Le Mans before, if not I would highly recommend it. Even if you arent particularly into sportscars, the atmosphere, people and overall experience is second to none. I went on my maiden voyage last year, and it was superb. As for taking you lad, if he is into cars in anyway at all he will love it im sure. This year im taking my Dad (in a similar vein!) because I know how much he will love it (thats keeping my fingers crossed that I can get hold of a Ferry ticket!!).

Regarding the drive down being longer, unfortunately I am not a cobra owner as yet, so the drive down will be in a Renault Megane. Not quite so enjoyable, but more economical :D One of my dreams is to buy a cobra and drive it down to Le Mans, so hopefully it will happen in the not to distant future!!

Anyway, goodluck with getting tickets, and If you do go I hope you have an excellent time :D (Im positive you will)

Cheers

Kev

Purple AK
22-01-05, 06:17 PM
Kev. Have you tried Transmanche Ferries out of Newhaven? Not a lot more difficult drive this side, But a lot closer to LM when you get to France :thumb:

Miket
22-01-05, 06:27 PM
Just done a check on www.ferrysale.co.uk (http://www.ferrysale.co.uk) and loads of space available Dover Calais at 49

DayCoupe
22-01-05, 07:42 PM
Cheers for that Mike

I have just had a look at that website myself and it seems ideal as there are plenty of sailing times. Hopefully there will still be some available when my exam timetable is released :rolleyes:. I just hope that my last exam doesn't finish at 6pm on the Friday!! It did last year which meant i had abit of a mission getting down to Le Mans for the start of the race. Made it with time to spare. I was hoping to get over and see some of the Qualifying this year, as well as the Classic Race in the morning on Sat! I unfortunately missed both last year!

I will keep a record of the website though and keep my fingers crossed :D

DayCoupe
22-01-05, 07:52 PM
Chris

Transmanche looks like another good one to keep in my favourites too.

Thanks