PDA

View Full Version : V8 / V12 Engine block!!

Crafty1980
23-01-05, 06:18 PM
Hi there.

Does anyone know of someone who has a V8 or (preferably) a V12 engine block they want to get rid of?? Any condition will do!

If you have one lying around taking up space then I'm your man to buy it off you!

Midlands or Norfolk area would be ideal but willing to travel with trailer if the price is right!!

Thanks

Ben

Adrian472
23-01-05, 07:08 PM
If only ..... i just recently cleared out some old jaguar V12 engines put them in for scrap. You could of had one .

Adrian

jeff
23-01-05, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I have a Rover V8 sitting in my drive, it will never run again its well rusted, but might make a coffee table.
I brought it to use as a pattern to make up some headers. If you do not mind the drive to heathrow you are welcome to have it.

jeff

Crafty1980
23-01-05, 09:29 PM
Hi Jeff,

A V12 would be nice but a V8 is a start!! Three questions...

1) How much do you want for it?
2) Is it possible to dismantle there and bring it back in bits?
3) How heavy is it once dismanlted?? (the block in particular - can two people lift it?)

Thanks

Ben

Crafty1980
23-01-05, 09:30 PM
Adrian,

If you come accross anymore V12 bad boys then let me know!! Ben_bullen@ntlworld.com

Thanks

Ben

jeff
23-01-05, 09:36 PM
Hi Ben,

as its a rover its not that heavy, 2 guys can pick it up tp put on a trailor or in a boot.

I do not want any money for it. It is a real scrapper

jeff

Crafty1980
23-01-05, 09:44 PM
Hi Jeff...

Do you recon the block will clean up ok (I have a pressure washer...)

jeff
23-01-05, 09:51 PM
Rover Blocks are ally so you can polish it up with a lot of hard work, depends on what you want to do with it. As I said it will be OK for a coffee table but I can not see it ever running again, unless you spend a fortune on it and as it is the old P6 unit it would not be worth it

jeff

Crafty1980
23-01-05, 09:55 PM
It is for a coffee table... :) Top gear fans aplenty! ;)

I can safely see It's never going to see a car (well not in the running sense... It will see my boot!)

Im very interested in taking it off your hands! :) Just a case of when I can get down there... Do you want it moving asap? Or can it wait a few weeks?

Whats your email address?

jeff
23-01-05, 10:00 PM
No rush Ben, its been sitting there months so s few more weeks will make no difference.

Have sent you a PM with my email addy

Crafty1980
23-01-05, 10:07 PM
Thanks for that!

Can you take a pic of it and email it over to me sometime soon? I want to see it!! (very excited!) :)

Will it be ok to spend a couple of hours dismantling it there? Im not going to get it back whole!

jeff
23-01-05, 10:17 PM
Sorry camra is out of action, have a search on ebay for rover v8 and you will get plenty of engine pics.

yes no probs if you want to strip some bits off

jeff

tarmacscratcher
24-01-05, 12:44 AM
I've got a scrap Ford 302 V8 engine block you can have for nothing. I'm in Stoke.

smash
24-01-05, 07:35 AM
I have a pair of graden shears and assorted half used pots of household paint if that's any good....:rolleyes:

Crafty1980
24-01-05, 10:46 PM
Hi Tarmacscratcher!

Looks like im going to be inundated with these!! Which isn't a bad thing!! My friend wants to make a coffee table too!! I wont be able to get to you this weekend... but send me a message (ben_bullen@ntlworld.com) and im sure I can take it off your hands! (Might not be for a couple of weeks though!)

Let me know your thoughts!!

(Still after the Jag V12 though... that would be my ultimate!)

tarmacscratcher
24-01-05, 11:16 PM
My thoughts are...I'll leave it in the gutter and you can pick it up up anytime you're passing..:)
Got a crank too....might make a nice door stop..;).....oh...and 8 pistons and rods..ash trays maybe?.....you can have 'em all..or they're going in the skip.
The story is here...........http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9742

Crafty1980
25-01-05, 08:30 AM
Yeah Ill take it all... Might come over this weekend? Sunday? If its already in bits then will only take a little while to get it in the back of the car...

Whats your address?

tarmacscratcher
26-01-05, 10:36 AM
Sunday evening would be fine. I sent you a private message.