06-02-05, 07:32 PM
Trawling the web and found this.
popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/chevrolet/smallblock/0305em_mmouse
Paul

Miket
06-02-05, 07:46 PM
Trawling the web and found this.
popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/chevrolet/smallblock/0305em_mmouse
Paul http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/chevrolet/smallblock/0305em_mmouse/

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Adrian472
06-02-05, 08:33 PM
I would say that an engine to that spec would cost from somebody like Keithcraft Racing about $16-18k(10k) or about Twenty five grand over here!!!!Adrian

mylesdw
06-02-05, 09:04 PM
Doesn't look like a very practical engine for a street car, unless you run a very low ratio rear and are happy to be forever going up and down the box. A typical cobra with 5 speed and a rear of 3.31 or 3.54 wants to make best power in the 2000-4000 rpm range so that it is easy to drive and you can just boot it in any gear and enjoy the ride. They don't even list outputs below 3500.

salmon
07-02-05, 07:58 AM
Hi,

Note that apart from the block itself half of the weight savings come from replacing the heads, intake manifold, water pump, pulleys and disi with Ali versions.

I did this when I built my engine and couldn't believe the weight of cast iron that went to local scrapyard.

Mind you you put most of the weight back on with a lakewood or Mcleod scattershield.

Chris

robert
07-02-05, 08:04 AM
Mind you you put most of the weight back on with a lakewood or Mcleod scattershield.

Without one of those, you could potentially have a new weight saving. No legs. :(

markn
07-02-05, 12:56 PM
I once read a tale about two chaps in a garage in the US tuning up a well prep'd 350. They were stood outside the car reving it when they heard a bang and as the flywheel broke up and shot out of the bellhousing. Thankfully, they were not injured. Three doors down, a couple were sat in their lounge when something shot through the wall and ceiling:eek: . They called NASA and the FAA thinking a plane had broken up, but it was pieces of the flywheel. The houses were probably made of wood, but nonetheless, it was enough to make me decide the investment was well worth it. Better 300 for a steel bell housing than prosthetic legs and no cobra.:thumb:

Steve
07-02-05, 02:25 PM
last time I was at Kenny Colemans place, I asked about an odd "hole" in the roof. he explained a flywheel had let go, and pointed out about 5 other "holes" id missed

queeniee
07-02-05, 06:48 PM
This year, I gave a great gift to my Snake: A Shelby aluminium block 490 cu. in. It is now ready to be installed in the car but I am still waiting for some other accessories. It should be completed this spring 2005. Hope to have great performances..

Adrian472
07-02-05, 08:12 PM
Queeniee

Tell us about your Shelby engine..... what engine builder you get it from? what spec? What car u running it in?
Adrian

queeniee
08-02-05, 07:26 AM
Got it from Keith Craft. 482cu.in. A masterpiece.
Weight saving:100 lbs; I shall publish data when the first runs of the car will be done. I am still waiting for a new differencial.