PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!

Iain
06-02-05, 07:44 PM
It's hard to type since I've got this stupid cheesy grin on my face!

Anyway, after getting a new flywheel, clutch, friction disc, slave cylinder, buggering up a brand new battery and flattening two others.... I've actually got the engine started! :thumb: :-} :D

BIG THANKS (in no order) go to Martin, Wilf, Peter, Murdo, Eric and my Bruv! cause it would'nt have gone without their help!

After the 30 minute run and the gallon of fuel it drank like a fish! I must admit, it was purring like a kitten on tick over and sounded absolutely wicked :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My trauma isn't over but I've got a big hurdle out of the way!

Now, how do I get this grin of my face? :D :D :D

Grease Monkey
06-02-05, 07:52 PM
Sing along, all together now...

Maaa-gic Mo-ments

Feels great doesn't it ?!

I'm hopeing to go for the next milestone in the next few days, ie pop the clutch and move under its own power.

plod
06-02-05, 07:54 PM
[

Now, how do I get this grin of my face? :D :D :D[/quote:43bff80588]

You should go to specsavers. :p :p

Well done mate :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Paul

hfbradley01
06-02-05, 07:58 PM
Iain

Nice one m8y, replacing my heads at the moment but it's a great feeling hearing it roar. I'm really going to try and get my body fitted this spring and painted by end of summer at the latest.

Hope to meet up again this year.

Cheers

wilf
07-02-05, 08:30 PM
Iain - as I said on the 'phone last night, I am so very glad for you to have reached this milestone. You get top marks for perseverance.

Now get the thing finished! You KNOW that Tinka, I, and all the rest won't give you any peace until you do.

V8bassman
07-02-05, 10:20 PM
Well done Iain! Glad you stuck with it and got there.

TonyD
07-02-05, 10:33 PM
Well Done............

Now set yourself a target, say Le Mans Classics 2006, and work towards that goal.

Cheers,

Tony:thumb:

Iain
07-02-05, 10:48 PM
Thanks for all your comments... :thumb:

The target is "on the road this year"

We'll see how we go...