PDA

View Full Version : Detling

robert
06-02-05, 09:49 PM
Who is going from where etc, organise your meets here please. :thumb: :thumb:

Lets all get together and have a group hug. :D :D

Andy S
06-02-05, 10:07 PM
We are planning to go from the southeast, not sure how many yet but probably quite a few, and if theres a bunch from the rest of the country as well can we get an area set aside ????

Miket
06-02-05, 10:13 PM
When is Detling show :confused:

robert
06-02-05, 10:14 PM
When is Detling show :confused:April 2nd 3rd :thumb:

Andy S
06-02-05, 10:15 PM
2nd & 3rd April, plus its gets a bit breezy up on the hill so bring your thermals grandad!!!

gareth08
06-02-05, 10:29 PM
Will definatley be ther as it's only 2 miles up the road and Cob is now legal
Gareth

tonym
06-02-05, 11:10 PM
Would love to go, is there a noise limit at the show? :angel:

crendonman
07-02-05, 08:18 AM
I'll be there, especially if there is a Group Hug!! :eek: :D :D

No noise restrictions Tony (:D ), so come on down - You know you want too :thumb: :thumb:

Andy S
07-02-05, 01:32 PM
Just spoken to the organisers and they have reserved the club a 4 car stand inside the main hall:thumb: :thumb: and space allocated outside for another 10-15 cars, next to the Kent Kit Club in a prime spot:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

So all we need to decide is who's car(s) go inside:confused: :confused: and who's got the banners for the outside area, is it Steve Senior???(the name I've been given by cookie), he also mentioned the club Marquee ?? is that still around, and if so is it available ???

Sorry If Ive trodden on anyones toes with this, wasnt sure what normally happens etc, so thought I'd give them a buzz and as no one else had, I followed it through.

crendonman
07-02-05, 02:32 PM
Just spoken to the organisers and they have reserved the club a 4 car stand inside the main hall:thumb: :thumb: and space allocated outside for another 10-15 cars, next to the Kent Kit Club in a prime spot:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

So all we need to decide is who's car(s) go inside:confused: :confused:

How about we draw straws at the next Westerham Meet?? :D :thumb:

Andy S
07-02-05, 02:38 PM
I'm sure we can come up with something, but lets not forget all the others who will be coming, so who gets the final say so, Rob ?????

Purple AK
07-02-05, 05:46 PM
Before we get to infront of ourselves, It might be prudent to contact the area reps that normally organise the stand at Detling ;)

dave.n
07-02-05, 05:48 PM
Can I come out to play??

Some great initiative happening here so lets give this a huge support and let everyone know that Kent is probably the biggest and best.

How about a cruise in from The Grasshopper at 09:00 as the showground doesn't open until 10:00.
The cars inside will have to be there earlier I presume??? So we could make it earlier so they can be involved.

dave.n
07-02-05, 05:51 PM
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: By the way who did the show organising for us last year they did a great job so they should know the ropes and what goes on.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

robert
07-02-05, 06:37 PM
Before we get to infront of ourselves, It might be prudent to contact the area reps that normally organise the stand at Detling ;)
Kent rep should be taking this forward, can someone in his area give him a call.

Thanks

dave.n
07-02-05, 09:03 PM
Rob

There is no Kent rep.
Ron Clarke was the rep but moved house and sold his Car over 18 months ago.
So who did the Detling show last year?
The Kent area have had no rep for all this time and with a minor attendance of two or so cars now look to expect at least 15 to twenty cars each meet.
There did not seem to be a need for a rep until now.

So who organised it for the cobras last year??.

tonym
07-02-05, 09:32 PM
I nominate Dave N as Kent club rep, any seconders? :thumb:

Andy S
07-02-05, 09:36 PM
Speaking to Cookie today it sems like half of the work is already done, ie space in the main hall and a prime spot outside, all weve got to do is turn up and put on the display, ie banners, marquee/gazebo's etc.Oh and not forgeting some cars as well.

I agree with Dave if there isnt a club rep anymore , with the numbers weve now got turning up perhaps its time to appoint someone, Rob can you advise as to the procedure etc(thanks)

TINKA
07-02-05, 09:42 PM
There is no real procedure for appointing a Regional Rep, you just need someone who is prepared to do the job and then lease with Peter Jones to announce it in the Mag and write an introductory piece about yourself or something and then just get on with it. :thumb:

Miket
07-02-05, 09:45 PM
If you want to see how it should be done, follow the South West, we are so good at it. :D :D :D :thumb: :thumb:

Andy S
07-02-05, 09:47 PM
Tinka many thanks for the advise.
So guys item 1 on the topic of conversation at the next Westerham meet is........................
Any volunteers before we get there and action the press gang???

Andy S
07-02-05, 09:50 PM
Mike, looks good, who's are the banners and floor standing boards ???? can we borrow them???? What did you have on the screen ????

Miket
07-02-05, 10:06 PM
Mike, looks good, who's are the banners and floor standing boards ???? can we borrow them???? What did you have on the screen ???? The boards where all made by a member, the banners where done by our area rep who advertisies his company on them, most of the banners have his company name or South West Region printed on them.

I'll inquire about the boards, we also have some larger 1m x 1m ones which you can see in the last edition of Snake Torque page 5, the only problem I can foresee is getting them to you. :thumb: :thumb:

We have various DVD's playing from The Caroll Shelby Story, our Le-Man's trips, me driving like a maniac on public roads and loads of other stuff.

This year at Exeter we where cut down to a 2 car stand, so we only had a 17" flat panel screen and a laptop to play the DVD's

Andy S
07-02-05, 10:12 PM
Mike as ever cheers for the info. If the offer of the boards stands I can either arrange to get them collected by one of my contractors based in Wells, (but his yatch is moored in Torquay marina), or I will have to find an excuse to pop down and see them oh and just happen to pop over to you on the way!! Nice day trip out. Cheers mate.

Miket
07-02-05, 10:23 PM
I'll find out tomorrow, I'm only 8 miles from Torquay :thumb:

Andy S
07-02-05, 10:24 PM
Cheers mate look forward to hearing from you.

Miket
07-02-05, 10:39 PM
Cheers mate look forward to hearing from you. Andy

If you do come down, can you get this reprobate separated from my scotch bottle. :D :D :D

Sorry Chris, couldn't resist :rolleyes: :thumb: :D

Purple AK
07-02-05, 10:59 PM
Andy

If you do come down, can you get this reprobate separated from my scotch bottle. :D :D :D

Sorry Chris, couldn't resist :rolleyes: :thumb: :DOi You :mad: ;) :D Only the best hospitality :thumb:

tonym
08-02-05, 12:06 AM
Mike as ever cheers for the info. If the offer of the boards stands I can either arrange to get them collected by one of my contractors based in Wells, (but his yatch is moored in Torquay marina), or I will have to find an excuse to pop down and see them oh and just happen to pop over to you on the way!! Nice day trip out. Cheers mate.
Did someone mention a nice day out? :-}

Purple AK
08-02-05, 12:09 AM
Tony.

If you wanna make a weekend of it you welcome to stop over at ours. :thumb:

tonym
08-02-05, 12:16 AM
Cheers Chris, depends on the exhaust being sorted though :thumb:

Miket
08-02-05, 11:05 AM
Cheers mate look forward to hearing from you. Andy

Yes you can borrow the boards, if you can arrange to get them picked up and returned, don't forget the 2 large ones are about 1 metre square. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Andy S
08-02-05, 02:40 PM
Mike many thanks indeed, I will speak to my guys in the next couple of days and let you know.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Andy S
08-02-05, 05:21 PM
Come on guys dont be shy:angel: Who wants to be SE Club Rep:thumb: or who wants to nominate someone, I know weve got Daven in the frame from TonyM but not sure on his view( still jet lagged) but is there any one else to take up the mantle?

Miket
08-02-05, 05:36 PM
Why don't you do share the responsabilty, we have our official area rep, I am unofficially Social Sec and Rabble Rouser and we have a Newsletter Editor, it takes all the strain off 1 person.

DaveN for area rep, Andy as social sec and somebody who can string a local newsletter together. :thumb: :thumb:

Andy S
08-02-05, 05:41 PM
Mike as ever, very wise words, as you say it splits it & saves all the workload being on one person, good idea. Only one problem "string a newsletter together" youve not met many of our bunch have you, apart from the p*ss head on your sofa, says it all really!!!!!!!!!!!!, mind you come to think of he might just be the right person, what you say Chris ???.

Miket
08-02-05, 05:44 PM
Don't forget when you are choosing the official Area Rep, they are the one that gets free membership to the club. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :thumb:

Purple AK
08-02-05, 06:15 PM
Mike as ever, very wise words, as you say it splits it & saves all the workload being on one person, good idea. Only one problem "string a newsletter together" youve not met many of our bunch have you, apart from the p*ss head on your sofa, says it all really!!!!!!!!!!!!, mind you come to think of he might just be the right person, what you say Chris ???.Mines a Large Bells Please. :D Oh! Wrong Question :( What do I think? Well, I would be happy to oblige, But I also think both Dave and you (Andy) are doing a great job in the absense of a visable Rep. As Mike suggests, Maybe all three of us could chip in with the workload. :)

Andy S
08-02-05, 08:17 PM
Chris it certainly sounds like an option perhaps in the absence of any .. lets say volunteers, we should put this particular subject o hold until the next Westerham meet.
Getting back to the original thread WHO IS GOING TO DETLING??????????
The suggestion of people meeting up and running in convoy to the show sounds good, so far weve got The Grasshopper, and thats it, what about you guys from Essex and Folkestone, are you planning to meet up somewhere, and what about the rest of us, Chris, Crendon, Plod etc where are we gonna meet, and then do we just meet at the show or do we meet at say Notcuts Garden centre at the bottom of Detling hill adjacent the M20 ?????
and then all turn up on mass!!!!! what do you guys think???? answers would be helpfull!!!

Alaska Gray
08-02-05, 08:19 PM
I'm going car won't be ready yet though how about having some of the club
merchandise there for sale. Went to several big shows last year didn't see any at all
I'm sure people would buy some

Andy S
08-02-05, 08:25 PM
Sounds a good idea if it helps raise funds etc, Thing is I'm relatively new at this and I havnt got a clue who to speak to or if its something we do ???? even if its allowed with the free display space etc ?????T-shirts, mugs, keyrings,etc would probably be easy items to sell.

Miket
08-02-05, 08:36 PM
Andy

We sell merchandise at the Exeter Show, plus current Mags and back copies, we also take membership forms and sign people up at the show, 2003 we did 35 memberships.

Have a word with Marion Jones and she will sort you out. :thumb: :thumb:

I believe Detling is one of Cookies shows, so there's not a problem as he is the chairman of the CRC.

Andy S
08-02-05, 08:43 PM
Mike you are correct, AGAIN, Cookie is organising this one, it was him I spoke to earlier in the wek , so that wont be a problem. Only snag is I dont have a copy of Snake Torque so I dont know how to contact Marion!! anyone ??

Miket
08-02-05, 08:48 PM
Andy

Marions phone and e-mail :thumb:

01329 312011

e-mail snaketorque@clara.co.uk

Andy S
08-02-05, 08:52 PM
Cheers matey, right thats it I'm off to bed, got to be on site at 5AM tomorrow. OH god how did I get into this!!!!!!!

gareth08
08-02-05, 10:21 PM
I guess that if you're stuck for a Kent area Rep and I live in Kent it may be of use if I chipped in and helped if required.
Regards
Gareth

tonym
08-02-05, 11:18 PM
Anyone have date and address of detling show or website address? save me hunting it out :thumb:

Miket
08-02-05, 11:24 PM
Anyone have date and address of detling show or website address? save me hunting it out :thumb:
Answer on page 1 of the thread :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

tonym
08-02-05, 11:31 PM
Cheers Mike, got the date now, any idea on address? :thumb:

Miket
08-02-05, 11:35 PM
Do you want me to wipe your a*** aswell :finger: :finger: :thumb: :thumb:

http://www.car-shows.co.uk/

tonym
08-02-05, 11:40 PM
Only if you use your beard to do it :angel:

Seriously cheers Mike :thumb:

Andy S
09-02-05, 10:52 AM
Gareth many thanks for your offer. I have spoken to DaveN today( poor bloke still suffering jet lag), and he agrees that if we share the work between as many as possible it will mean that no one person gets lumbered with the lot. So far weve got Dave, Chris , Gareth and Me, anyone else care to chip in????
As before its probably best we discuss this fully at the next Westerham meet, Sun 27th Feb.
Until then I will continue with the Chatham Dockyard and Detling Shows, but wouldnt mind a hand with Detling.any volunteers?

gareth08
09-02-05, 03:58 PM
Andy
What do you need doing for Detling.PM me or phone 07939 877554.Will be at Westerham (work permitting)
Regards
Gareth

Andy S
09-02-05, 04:34 PM
Gareth not having taken the cob to a show before, nor been to one etc not really sure, did lots with school fairs etc but its not quite the same. I'm speaking to DaveN later and he's been to a few, so once weve got an idea of what we need to do I will give you a buzz. Cheers matey.

dave.n
09-02-05, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the call today AndyS.
As I discussed with you, I don't mind doing the Rep thing as long as I'm not made into a one man band. There is no reason why we can't all do a little bit to help our branch go from strength to strength.

You have taken up the south fixtures calendar and I think we are all grateful to you. Big pat on the head for that one.

I think we should all decide what's going to happen and discuss it at the next meet.
However if there are any guy's and girls know that they can't make it maybe they can post or ring one of us.

If there is anyone who really would like to be our club rep well please step forward I'm sure if there are more than one persons it can be democraticaly resolved (like names in a beer mug).

Thanks Tony M for forwarding my name, but I think you might be geographicaly challenged on that one as your not from the region. I will make it my first formal duty to make you an honourary kent bloke for the fourth sunday of every month.(if I get the job ).

Please is there anyone out their wants to do it.
Please all Kent people try your best to be at this months meet.
Of course everyone else is always welcome as long as they are smile:) :) ing.

gareth08
09-02-05, 06:10 PM
Sounds like the best thing to do is to discuss it at this months Westerham meet.
I'm sure that if no rep is in place by Detling that we could sort it out anyway.
Regards
gareth

Alaska Gray
09-02-05, 08:29 PM
Hi every body there is quite a few people from the East Kent coast group interestd
in going if more help is needed I am only a few miles from the show ground

GUMBALL
10-02-05, 04:20 PM
Hi Guys,

The usual Essex mob will be (probably) meeting at the Thurrock Services and then travelling down together. Maybe we could meet up on the way down somewhere (???) in Kent.

GUMBALL

STEVE G
10-02-05, 07:00 PM
Gumball
I hope thats Sunday,if so what time at Thurrock.

GUMBALL
12-02-05, 10:57 AM
Steve,

I was thinking of Sunday - time to be confirmed.

Have you fitted reversing sensors for this years show???

GUMBALL

STEVE G
12-02-05, 04:42 PM
Aha
One small slip and people never let you forget.
9'ish at Thurrock sound about right????

V8 BJC
13-02-05, 03:19 PM
We are planning on going this year. I would be in favour of meeting up for Convoy drive to the showground.

I agree that Dave and Andy are doing a great job in building some real momentum in the Kent / Sussex area but I do understand why people may not want to take the area rep role officially. I have also wondered we we actually need an area rep anyway. Just a few thoughts..

All in the area know when the monthly meets & major events are and use this forum to make arrangements etc.

For major events, would it not make sense to deal with each event as it comes up and aloocate tasks to volunteers at the monthly meets?

Why do we need a newsletter when this forum provides us all with a place to put the info that would go in it - with instant delivery? Why add another info source?

We all use the forum as our central hub for info & seem to be doing OK in getting things sorted so why the need for one person to take on all the responsibility?

crendonman
15-02-05, 01:30 PM
We all use the forum as our central hub for info & seem to be doing OK in getting things sorted so why the need for one person to take on all the responsibility?
So we can have someone to blame when it all goes Tits Up!! :rolleyes: :D :D

dave.n
15-02-05, 10:39 PM
Thats why they call me Billy no mates

'cos I don't know whats going on at the best of times.

But then again Andy S nearly made the classic mistake and nearly went to the Grasshopper a week early.

Andy S
I was nearly gonna go and park next to you. Shall we start our own meet it can be anywhere you like as long as we all go on different days and at different times. I think you and I would be good at that.

dave.n
15-02-05, 10:42 PM
Crendon

YOU REALLY HAVE GOT WOMENS BREASTS ON YOUR MIND 24/7

Purple AK
15-02-05, 10:50 PM
Don't worry Dave! I was gonna be there :(

dave.n
18-02-05, 10:15 AM
Chris

Maybe we should start a meet between meets??

Look forward to seeing you on the 27th

Purple AK
18-02-05, 07:22 PM
Chris

Maybe we should start a meet between meets??

Look forward to seeing you on the 27thSounds good to me :thumb:

Alaska Gray
18-02-05, 08:32 PM
Breasts?????????????? best stay the night.......................

V8 BJC
31-03-05, 08:20 AM
Hi All,

lots of chat here with ideas on where & when to meet for Detling.
Anything decided as yet?

See ya

Andy S
31-03-05, 08:51 PM
It seems that those who are on the stand on Sat have to be there about 8-8.30:D , for the rest the show opens at 10 :-} but it would be nice to have a few in the outside stand area by then:thumb: , I am planning to be there about 9am just to give the guys a hand etc.
Its gonna be a good year for the COB at Detling we estimate about 25 cars attending!!!:thumb: :thumb:
I know the essex boys are coming down en mass:thumb: and are meeting at thurrock, and the east kent lads are meeting up as well:thumb: , not sure about the rest of you, but there is a large garden centre just off the M20 / A249 jnc called NOTCUTTS or similar why dont you all arrange to meet there and come up the hill to Detling together , should make a wonderful sight!!!!!!!:thumb: :thumb:

Andy S
31-03-05, 09:03 PM
OK its getting boring on the site lately:( :( , but just to get an idea of numbers WHO IS GOING TO DETLING???????????????? (just wondering)

Miket
31-03-05, 09:22 PM
Andy

Will they not let you in on Friday, when we do Exeter we have to set the stand up and have the cars in place ready for opening on the Saturday, no way would they let us in on Saturday, infact we couldn't get the cars in after everybody has set up. :confused: :confused:

keithlean1
31-03-05, 09:34 PM
Hi Andy,
I think you had me down for the club stand on sunday.If thats right what time do i need to be there?
Keith

V8 BJC
01-04-05, 06:56 PM
OK its getting boring on the site lately:( :( , but just to get an idea of numbers WHO IS GOING TO DETLING???????????????? (just wondering)

Me, Emma and our Dax Cobra :thumb: