PDA

View Full Version : New Cobretti Viper owner.

Dek
10-02-05, 07:09 PM
Hi all
This is my first post as a member of CRC and I would be interested to hear from any Cobretti owners experiences (good or bad!) with the building and running of their Vipers. We live in Northampton and it would be nice to make contact with other local Cobra owners.
Cheers
Dek and Shaz. :thumb:

Resik
10-02-05, 07:14 PM
Welcome and Hi Derek,

try this link : www.fake-snake.com (http://www.fake-snake.com)

Kind regards,

Rocco Jansen

kevchard
10-02-05, 07:15 PM
Hi
are you building your cobretti viper, or did you get a ready built one. We are hoping to have ours built by June, ours is around 12 years old but never been completed.
Cheers

kevchard
10-02-05, 07:33 PM
sorry forgot to say welcome to the mad house
cheers

COBRA KEV01
10-02-05, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the world of the cobra and the many sometimes mad people who build them.I hope you enjoy many hours of summer fun,that is if we get some sunshine this year.!

hfbradley01
10-02-05, 08:06 PM
Dek & Shaz

Good to see another Viper owner, I'm at the rolling chassis stage with the engine fitted.

I've had the chassis driving (not very far obviously) and now I'm fitting reconditioned heads due to a bit of smoke from the exhaust.

I don't really know what I'm doing but with a fair wind and a lot of praying I'll get it finished.

Do you have a kit or a finished car ?

Cheers

osgood
10-02-05, 09:49 PM
Deck and Shas welome to the club will answer any questions you want to know re Vipers but dont ask me anything about Bob Busbridge Auto-Track (bad experience!) Osgood:angel:

Iain
10-02-05, 10:24 PM
Dek/Shaz.. welcome to the asylum! :thumb:

Someone has already posted the link to my build (www.fake-snake.com (http://www.fake-snake.com/)) I am building a Classic Replicas Viper (just the same) and I live just off J24 of the M1 in Kegworth. You're more than welcome to pop in and have a cuppa, look at my build, chat etc.

Good Luck with your build...

Dek
12-02-05, 08:53 PM
Dek/Shaz.. welcome to the asylum! :thumb:

Someone has already posted the link to my build (www.fake-snake.com (http://www.fake-snake.com/)) I am building a Classic Replicas Viper (just the same) and I live just off J24 of the M1 in Kegworth. You're more than welcome to pop in and have a cuppa, look at my build, chat etc.

Good Luck with your build...

Hi Iain
Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it. You are not that far from me. Do you go to the meets at the Castle Hotel Kirby Muxlow on the 3rd Sunday of the month?
Dek

Dek
12-02-05, 08:59 PM
Deck and Shas welome to the club will answer any questions you want to know re Vipers but dont ask me anything about Bob Busbridge Auto-Track (bad experience!) Osgood:angel:
Hi
Can you tell me if weather equipment (hood/tonneau) is universal for the Viper or do I have to get it specifically to fit the Viper?
Thanks for your help.
Cheers.
Dek :thumb:

Dek
12-02-05, 09:04 PM
Dek & Shaz

Good to see another Viper owner, I'm at the rolling chassis stage with the engine fitted.

I've had the chassis driving (not very far obviously) and now I'm fitting reconditioned heads due to a bit of smoke from the exhaust.

I don't really know what I'm doing but with a fair wind and a lot of praying I'll get it finished.

Do you have a kit or a finished car ?

Cheers
Hi Howard
Its about 90% finished-needs paint and some more trimming but its MOT'd and insured for the road.
Its fitted with a 350 Chevvy matched to a Toyota Supra gearbox.
Goes well!!
Regards
Dek

osgood
13-02-05, 09:34 AM
Derek, this hood fitted to my car was purchased from Southern Road Craft & was destined for a Dax. I bought it from this guy as he could not be arsed to fit it. With help from others it was fitted prior to paint & SVA. Most of the comments I get that is one of the best fitting hoods people have seen. Once the hood studs were fitted I then at some latter stage had the Tonneau cover made and it fixes on the same pins, does not move at high speed either (Double Duck). So I guess the answer to your question is most hoods can be made to fit, or there are chaps around that will make a hood to fit your car. Hope this helps Eric;)