PDA

View Full Version : Old style number plates

steveb
17-02-05, 10:39 PM
People,

Is it possible (ignoring legalities) to get some old style silver on black background number plates made but with a new 2005 registration ??

Any advice/websites would be appreciated.:)

Steve

Miket
17-02-05, 10:46 PM
One of our South West Members members has an 04 plate on his Cob in black and silver, he got them from the link below, tell them that they are for show purposes only, you will have to buy a set off legal plates aswell.

http://www.mgm-spares.co.uk/vintage-plates/

steveb
17-02-05, 11:03 PM
Hi Mike,

I have already tried those guys and they rejected my request saying they could only supply this type of plate on a pre-1973 vehicle. but I will send a reply to them stating it is "for show purpose only" and see if that helps.

many thanks for your advice.

Steve

cobrageoff
17-02-05, 11:43 PM
I had new style black and silver perspex plates made up locally,Bescot Market, Walsall, West Midlands, he's open every Sunday.
He can supply anything you want, legal spacing :thumb: and show plates,:D ordered mine on a Sunday, picked up on a Tuesday :thumb:.
They look great.
He did the ones i have for sale as well.:angel:

Price is good as well, he charged me 25.00 a pair

russell_ram
18-02-05, 07:59 AM
Steve,

I am hardly suprised that they don't make 'incorrectly specified' registration plates. We seem to be claiming that a Company is potentially doing some illegal ! !

ps I agree - any car show / big sunday market - there'll be a bloke making plates, saying whatever you want them to say, out of the back of an Estate car.

Russ

COBRA KEV01
18-02-05, 09:34 AM
Steve,

I am hardly suprised that they don't make 'incorrectly specified' registration plates. We seem to be claiming that a Company is potentially doing some illegal ! !

ps I agree - any car show / big sunday market - there'll be a bloke making plates, saying whatever you want them to say, out of the back of an Estate car.

Russ

Exactly right,i got mine from the Exeter kit car show,my plates look fitting to the car.I did get stopped on the way to a local club meet early last year by a copper where i just pleaded ignorance.Sorry Plod but you know what you can do,im keeping the plates,so sod off!!!!!!!!

steveb
18-02-05, 10:59 AM
Many thanks for your advice guys.

MikeT - I have just received a call from mgm-spares in reply to my email last night saying the will make my "show plates" as long as I also purchase from them a set of legal plates at cost (10). Moral of the story - If at first you don't succeed, keep pestering until you get what you want !!!! :D

Steve

Miket
18-02-05, 11:34 AM
Many thanks for your advice guys.

MikeT - I have just received a call from mgm-spares in reply to my email last night saying the will make my "show plates" as long as I also purchase from them a set of legal plates at cost (10). Moral of the story - If at first you don't succeed, keep pestering until you get what you want !!!! :D

Steve :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D :D

westborne
18-02-05, 11:55 AM
I keep forgetting to ask Kevin whenever I see him

If you were born to be ruggedly handsome - what happened ?

COBRA KEV01
18-02-05, 12:53 PM
I keep forgetting to ask Kevin whenever I see him

If you were born to be ruggedly handsome - what happened ?

I got old Chris,lost my hair,put on a few pounds and ended up looking like you!!!!!!!
Will pay you a visit in the near future!
Incidentally i have taken a deposit for my car so is almost sold, alas i keep looking at it and feeling quite sad,never mind i will have to have some cakes at mikes at some point to cheer myself up!!!!!!!!