PDA

View Full Version : Flying

daxv8man
03-08-02, 09:12 AM
Hi Guys

This request is very unusual, however as it's not Cobra related i asked Robs
permision to put it here. I'm despretley trying to fullfill a wish for a severely disabled lady, her wish is to fly in a plane, now all the major airlines have given me the same answer, "to take someone out of a wheelchair and
have a stretcher replace the seats would need the removal of 6 or nine seats,
all these seats would have to be paid for", and of course she has not got 3000
pounds ,that is the costs that i've been given. I'm seeking someone who has either a private plane or who works for an airline to help me . To grant her wish.

Thanx Guys:D

Graham

Bernie
03-08-02, 06:35 PM
I fly four seaters from Fairoaks near Woking - but could she get or be got up over the low wing into the seat?

The aeroplanes look like this - http://www.anglianaircentre.co.uk/warriorsm.jpg

daxv8man
03-08-02, 07:04 PM
Bernie , with some help I'm sure we could get her up somehow, what seating have you, as this lady due to her curved spine cannot sit in a normal seat, she could lay down across two seats though, not to waste any of your time i would come over and have a look at the suitability of seating, how wonderfull this would be if it works.

Graham. :D

Bernie
03-08-02, 08:37 PM
You're welcome to come and look, but probably better give us a call first - 01932 346426.

It's a lot like a small car, and not easy to get in to. I'm entirely happy to give her the ride, but it may not be suitable - the seats don't come out, and it isn't possible to lie across the seats. Think 2 door Vauxhall Corsa.

I wonder if a parachute club aeroplane might be better - http://mypage.bluewin.ch/aviationworld/pc6/gallery/n283sw4.jpg

daxv8man
03-08-02, 08:51 PM
Hi Bernie

I'm on holiday this week (at home) i will call you and make arrangements to
come over, if it's not suitable do you have contacts for the parachute club?,
If thats the plane above ,no problem with getting the lady in.

Thanx Graham

My Number 01708386842:9

miller
03-08-02, 08:55 PM
Actually prob better to think of the cabin space in a PA28 as a 2 door Corsa with 1 door. The safest option for you (but not the cheapest) would probably to go to one of the air ambulance companies. They might be able to help as they would be able to config the aircraft for a stretcher, or similar. More expensive than a single engine 4 seater but for a short flight it may be worth the extra.

Bernie
03-08-02, 11:21 PM
Ok - call me, no problem