PDA

View Full Version : East Midland meetings

slider
24-02-05, 08:42 PM
Anybody know of regular CRC metings in East Midlands?
Is there a calendar of events and gatherings?

wilf
24-02-05, 09:07 PM
Yes and Yes.

Martin and Helen are the organisers of the E Mids group. Martin posts here under the name "Tinka". Search him out and ask for a copy of the latest newsletter, it has a calender of events.

Our regular meetings tend to be at the Castle, Kirby Muxloe, 3rd SUnday of the month, but location does vary during the year as we go out and about.

You would of course be welcome, not that it really is my place to extend that welcome, so sorry Tinka!

David Large
24-02-05, 10:08 PM
I used to go to the East Mids meetings years ago (1990/1991) ( I live in West Mids) when they were held at Cotes Mill just outside Loughborough. Is there anybody else out there who used to attend these?
david

wilf
24-02-05, 10:11 PM
David - yes. I recall going to one or two just before they ceased. Cotes Mill was a regular haunt for me back in the 70's and early 80's. It doesn't seem to have changed much.

maxGD059
24-02-05, 10:23 PM
I thought Cotes Mill used to be frequented by bearded MGB owners who liked foot tapping jazz..........or am I thinking of another place near Loughborough :confused:

Is this part of your past Wilf that we are not aware of :D

TINKA
24-02-05, 11:17 PM
Hi Slider, PM me with your Email address and I will send you a copy of our calender and the latest news letter, and indicate weather or not you would like to be added to the Email mailing list. :thumb:

crendonman
25-02-05, 07:19 AM
Slider,

You could always come down to the Kent/Sussex meet this Sunday at the Grasshopper Nr Westerham. :D

I reckon its now the biggest regular meet in the UK. ;)

Unless someone knows otherwise :p :thumb:

dave.n
25-02-05, 08:20 AM
Crendon I make you right.

This is the decmber meet.
COUNT THEM

tonym
25-02-05, 12:09 PM
Don't forget that at Decembers meet, Dave, you did have part of the East Mids meet there :-}

crendonman
25-02-05, 12:16 PM
And I wasn't even there!! :-(

(Did turn up a week later though!!) :D :thumb:

dave.n
25-02-05, 04:15 PM
Tony

Hope to see you again soon.
We must have something going for us, as people come for miles to be part of our gatherings :thumb: :thumb: .
And I have to add that everyone is always welcome as long as they arrive smiling like you do :) :) .
Big grin