PDA

View Full Version : A very sad man

dave.n
24-02-05, 08:04 PM
Spotted today in North Chingford
A very sad cold man.
He know's who he is and will tell you about it if he wishes.

My full sympathy.

Andy S
24-02-05, 08:06 PM
Dave that the third one this week that Ive heard about on this site, what's hapening out there ???????

dave.n
24-02-05, 08:14 PM
Andy
I hope it's not catching

Andy S
24-02-05, 08:18 PM
So do I, bugger that for a game of soldiers. Anyway from what I can make out 2 of the 3 wont be seperated for long, but the 3rd is in nowhere land as far as I can make out, poor b*stard.Like having your legs cut off.........

dave
24-02-05, 08:57 PM
Not Plod by any chance?????

Andy S
24-02-05, 09:21 PM
If you were any sharper you would cut yourself...................

Miket
24-02-05, 09:25 PM
If you were any sharper you would cut yourself................... Thank the Lord, you have put me out of my misery, I've been racking my brains trying to figure out what you guys where on about. ;) ;)

plod
25-02-05, 12:51 PM
Well it was me.. Let me tell you about the journey. Started with minus 2 temp. Just went up in a t shirt of course with a cardigan and a fleece and a waxed jacket, plus hat a scarf. Couldn't see where I was going but at least I was warm, ot thought I would be. Bloody freezing.!

Then it started to snow, then the drivers wiper fell off. Picked it up but not after 6 cars had driven over it. The it was so cold, had a few running problems. Oh, I didn't put the roof on either.

Met Clarky who showed me his Ultima WOW!!!!!!!!! and then he took me over which is only a few miles fromwhere he lives.

Met Dave who offered comfort and support during my difficult time.

And thats' it! Keep me posted on how much they want Dave. ;)

Paul

Andy S
25-02-05, 02:30 PM
Paul, its not on their website yet, probably still cleaning it after that journey!!!

plod
25-02-05, 06:59 PM
It was filthy. Started our clean. they said it probably wouldn't go on the website immediately due to to calling in Kim and Aggie

Paul

V8 BJC
27-02-05, 09:40 AM
Well it was me.. Let me tell you about the journey. Started with minus 2 temp. Just went up in a t shirt of course with a cardigan and a fleece and a waxed jacket, plus hat a scarf. Couldn't see where I was going but at least I was warm, ot thought I would be. Bloody freezing.!

Then it started to snow, then the drivers wiper fell off. Picked it up but not after 6 cars had driven over it. The it was so cold, had a few running problems. Oh, I didn't put the roof on either.

Met Clarky who showed me his Ultima WOW!!!!!!!!! and then he took me over which is only a few miles fromwhere he lives.

Met Dave who offered comfort and support during my difficult time.

And thats' it! Keep me posted on how much they want Dave. ;)

Paul

Paul - sounds like an interesting journey to say the least. Always painful to sell a car to a dealer when you know that they will make a tidy profit which could have been sitting in your pocket.

My advice is look forward to the new motor - lifes too short for looking back

When you expecting to ahve the new one on the road?

I have been following Mikes build on his website. The car looks fantastic on there so it must be amazing in the flesh. I just can't get over the speed at which he is bolting that thing together and he still finds time to take pics and update a top website detailing what he is doing - EVERY day :thumb:

plod
27-02-05, 04:08 PM
Brian, I'm not too bothered about looking back. I'm sure it will be painful to see what they put it up for sale for but then again, I tried in vain to sell it, and really, I've only lost to them for 4 grand loss over 16months of ownership. That figure in the sheme of things is something I can bear..

I've posted a pic of part of the engine on another thread, and so far that is all go. New car is somewhere inthe Atlantic,........ ?

there is every chance it will/could be ready for Elvington, but its funding the last bit which could postpone things. Fingers crossed for Hallmark ;)

V8 BJC
27-02-05, 04:19 PM
I've posted a pic of part of the engine on another thread, and so far that is all go. New car is somewhere inthe Atlantic,........ ?

Hope the wipers have been fitted then :D

there is every chance it will/could be ready for Elvington, but its funding the last bit which could postpone things. Fingers crossed for Hallmark ;)[/quote:12c444fcea]

Look forward to seeing the finished article - sounds superb. Good luck with getting it all finished. You going to Elvington anyway even if car not finished?

plod
27-02-05, 09:43 PM
Look forward to seeing the finished article - sounds superb. Good luck with getting it all finished. You going to Elvington anyway even if car not finished?

yes, maye in a Ka... ssssssshhhhhh..:p