PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Engine Crane in Staines/Hayes/Slough area to borrow

craizy
01-03-05, 09:07 AM
Has anyone in the Staines, Slough, Windsor, Hayes or local areas, have a engine crane I could borrow for a weekend in a few weeks time?

I'm getting my RV8 engine delivered soon and need someway of getting it out of the car and onto the stand. (I think bulking up down the gym is going to take too long :-)

Of course beer money is available

Thanks

Craig.

simon
02-03-05, 09:31 AM
Craig,

Not too close I'm afraid, I'm in Upminster. Essex (J29, M25) if you fancy a trip round, you are more than welcome to borrow my crane. It's a 2 ton jobbie.
You'd need an estate type car.

Simon

simonjrwinter@hotmail.com

craizy
03-03-05, 08:38 PM
Simon,
Thanks for the offer but I drive a tiny car and I can only borrow a van for a hour or two at most so bit too far.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

Craig.

Euro427sc
04-03-05, 12:00 AM
Winchester any good?

craizy
04-03-05, 10:42 PM
I can only borrow the van two hours tops so pushing that, you think it will fit in the back of a mondeo saloon i think its called?

Thanks

Craig.

Euro427sc
05-03-05, 12:03 AM
well....... it's a biggish crane, legs are around 5', but detach. Staines to Winch is only an hour or so depending on the M4 bit :-(

craizy
05-03-05, 12:16 AM
ok, ill speak the bloke with the van to see what I can get away with or it may be a window down sticking legs out window job :-)
thanks.
Craig.

MrFawlty
05-03-05, 08:17 PM
Hi There

not sure what your trying to do but I just collected my Rv8(less inlet manifold/carb)in my estate two of us lifted it out no problem!

steve.

craizy
05-03-05, 08:31 PM
Hi Steve,

I asked the bloke who i'm buying it off and he reckons its a heavy lift even with the heads taken off, its getting it onto the engine stand im thinking about most, holding it quite a while in place to bolt it on.

Craig.

Nobby
14-03-05, 12:40 PM
Craig, I have a 2 ton Draper folding hydraulic crane which I could spare for 2 days in a couple of weeks. I am in the Camberley area - 1 mile from M3 Jct 4 - about 20 mins from Staines.

Cheers

Nick

craizy
14-03-05, 01:56 PM
Nick,

Sounds good to me, I'm just finding out what weekends I can get the van (car is not a option at the moment grrr) and at the moment its the week starting the 3ed is delivery. (yay!) just have to arrange something to get it back to you mid week. Should really order the stand.....

Craig.

PS Euro427, i thought I had replied, Thanks for the offer but Winchester is a wee bit too far away.

Nobby
14-03-05, 03:59 PM
OK, let me know when. I have an engine stand also that's been a bit hacked about which could be saved !! (I cut the rear braces off to enable my Bellhousing to be attached to my SBC block, but they could be welded back on) It's adjustable so would probably fit a RV8. You can have the crane for longer if needed - a week ?

Cheers

Nick

craizy
14-03-05, 09:12 PM
Nick

Thanks for the offer of stand, shame I did not read my email more often I've ordered my stand and stuff from machine mart, I'm c:rap at welding anyway.
A week would be perfect, at the moment its looking like the week after easter 3ed-10th if thats ok.

I would send you a pm but we both know the fun with them, I'm on msn/email at craig_calton at hotmail. com and sort something out.

Craig.

craizy
01-04-05, 09:21 PM
Nick,

Sorry but I have seem to have lost your email address as well as the plot, getting the weeks mixed up amoung things but I've managed to put the engine on the stand without a crane (but I may need a new back, I did it on my own) but thanks I may be calling when it comes to putting it in the cobra.

Thank you for the offer.

Craig.