PDA

View Full Version : All round best performance engine - what do the American Cob

mikey
10-08-02, 04:12 PM
Oh dear, this is going to upset the apple cart. Club Cobra are running a poll to ascertain the best performance engine of all time. If you want to find out what they believe it is visit their site and look at the post. You will se a poll click your vote and look at the standings so far. Bit of a shocker.
Hint, it begins with a C.
Mike.

interestedparty
10-08-02, 05:48 PM
Hi Mike
How's about a URL?

John

wilf
10-08-02, 06:49 PM
All they will do is degenerate into the usual big block vs small block argument, which I am proud to say I have stoked myself on several occasions.

Wilf

gartrac
10-08-02, 08:35 PM
John

URL is

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?s=4de8d814db8951bbabd2d82d9fa30bdb&threadid=16562

Pete

pcoghlan
11-08-02, 09:29 AM
Well I am glad they qualified the list of engines with "...manufactured in the USA". I am sure Enzo would have had something to say otherwise! ;-)

Bear in mind people's choice will be completely dictated by their own experiences rather than knowledge of all of the engines. As the small block Chevrolet is undoubtedly the most prolific it will get the most votes.

To illustrate, I wonder how many of those that voted for the Chevy have experience of the Hemi or the Pontiacc BB, few I would think. Therefore, how could they vote for them...

I suspect the results are in fact the 'most popular' rather than the 'best'.

Only my opinion :+ :+

Paul

mikey
11-08-02, 12:21 PM
I agree. The Chrysler Hemi is one of my all time muscle favourites and none of them compare with ferrari etc.
I still think Wilf's plug for the BMC A series was a good one although I can imagine them saying 'what the ***** an A series'.
Mike