PDA

View Full Version : Stafford 2005

rich
11-03-05, 09:49 AM
Do we know yet which manufactures are going? Ive heard Pilgrim are.

And how many of us lot are planning to go?
I presume the club stand will be there.

Should get down Sunday, may-be I will see some of you there:thumb:

Rich

rich
11-03-05, 04:37 PM
Looks like its going to be a bit lonely this year!:-(

Someone else must be going :confused:

Harry-G
11-03-05, 06:05 PM
I will be there on Sunday.
Do you know if there is a seperate parking area for kit cars or are we thrown into the field opposite with all the Euroboxes?

David Large
11-03-05, 06:24 PM
I'm going on Sunday. Normally you park in the field at the front of the exhibition hall; if you are lucky (and early)you get to park on the tarmac bit right outside the hall. I don't think there is any special club area.
According to the local paper Dax will be there and Viper with a BMW engined car.
Anyway I always go; its the start of the season!
I know others of the Walsall Wanderers are going on Saturday.
David Large

dave
12-03-05, 06:58 PM
The nearest to Dax being there will be me as Dax are un able to attend this year (Family wedding).
If you are short of a meeting point, you can use my stand...................And while you are there you can help me fight off the shell suit kids with sticky fingers and zipps!!!!!

Dutch Paul
12-03-05, 07:00 PM
The nearest to Dax being there will be me as Dax are un able to attend this year (Family wedding).
If you are short of a meeting point, you can use my stand...................And while you are there you can help me fight off the shell suit kids with sticky fingers and zipps!!!!!

Will you be supplying the sticky fingers and zips or should people bring their own? :D :D :D

dave
12-03-05, 07:30 PM
You Will Have To Bring Your Own.

osgood
12-03-05, 07:51 PM
Dave keeps all his stickey bit for himself, no touching mind you he's very private, as best as you can tell MMmm:) Osgood:rolleyes:

cobrageoff
12-03-05, 08:11 PM
i went today,

i was disapointed got dumped in the car part at the back no special area for kit cars all lumped in together.:finger: Very few cars at the front entrance but not up to the door like last year
i thought the show was very poor very few accessory / bits stands, but Gala Bingo were there offering membership to their bingo halls and one stand selling car boot clothes and birthday cards.:angry:

Pilgrim were there showing the hard top ( not my cup of tea )
D.B Replicas nice hard top.

9.00 for my mate he was miffed, compared to last year.

Not impressed, neither were the other members i met.

Came home early but took detour to put some extra miles in but its a day out in the motor !!:-}
cobrageoff

osgood
12-03-05, 09:28 PM
i went today,

i was disappointed got dumped in the car part at the back no special area for kit cars all lumped in together.:finger: Very few cars at the front entrance but not up to the door like last year
i thought the show was very poor very few accessory / bits stands, but Gala Bingo were there offering membership to their bingo halls and one stand selling car boot clothes and birthday cards.:angry:

Came home early but took detour to put some extra miles in but its a day out in the motor !!:-}
cobrageoffYes fraid so another cr-p show and a long way to travel for us Southerners. Meeting a colleague tomorrow who has come all the way from the Netherlands to buy bits for is Cobra at that show, bet he will be very disappointed and they think we will win the bid for the Olympic,s:D having a laugh I reckon Osgood:angel:

David Large
12-03-05, 11:44 PM
i went today,

i was disapointed got dumped in the car part at the back no special area for kit cars all lumped in together.:finger: Very few cars at the front entrance but not up to the door like last year

cobrageoff

Sorry to hear this Geoff as I am committed to going tomorrow (Sunday), but then I always go to Stafford.
It never was the best show but I want to buy a couple of shiny bits (as opposed to Shinybitz). I also need new wind wings (one of my 1985 wings recently got broken; the other is fine, can I buy them singly; (don't worry this is a joke!))......what should I buy ..........you are the expert in this field!!
I have had another mail from the Chester boys who want to know the arrangements for the end of April. We need to sort this in the Bell on Tuesday.
9 sounds an awful lot to go into a poor show, I hope Tim will understand.
Cheers
David

cobrageoff
13-03-05, 12:46 AM
Sorry to hear this Geoff as I am committed to going tomorrow (Sunday), but then I always go to Stafford.
It never was the best show but I want to buy a couple of shiny bits (as opposed to Shinybitz). I also need new wind wings (one of my 1985 wings recently got broken; the other is fine, can I buy them singly; (don't worry this is a joke!))......what should I buy ..........you are the expert in this field!!
I have had another mail from the Chester boys who want to know the arrangements for the end of April. We need to sort this in the Bell on Tuesday.
9 sounds an awful lot to go into a poor show, I hope Tim will understand.
Cheers
David

Dave are you buying glass wind deflectors if so come round to mine before you go as i have bought two sets see if these are anything near to the size and shape. i can get these for 25.00 each, toughened glass if you want to phone me first youve got my number if not P.M me. i can probable get the same shape cut and toughened for you only down side is that the holes are 6mm not 5mm and 10 days waiting but better than paying through the nose 75.00 a pair but ive fitted mine and no problems :thumb:
cobrageoff

David Large
13-03-05, 07:38 AM
I was thinking of sticking with perspex. Have seen too may people break glass ones. I was at a show some years ago and a guy parked next to me bought some expensive glass wings, fitted them at the show, but when he got in his car to go home he just tried to adjust the angle a bit and the whole thing shattered.
However will phone and pop round between 9/00am and 10am
David

rangrov
13-03-05, 09:19 AM
Very poor show and 9.00 entrance a rip off, various shows ive attended over the years this was the worst. ive attended kit car shows, classic car shows, steam rallies, country fairs, motor shows and even under duress ideal home shows, and i have never paid 9.00 for any of them, after all we go to the shows to buy bits and peices, these poor stall holders must pay a wedge and then we pay a wedge, only winners are the greedy organisers, so come on and make your feelings noted or next year it will be 12.00. ime getting of my soap box now, but seriously it was crap.:angry: PS and before some one says dont be tight, i never mind paying for anything its being ripped off i object to:thumb:

David Large
13-03-05, 05:17 PM
I thought the show was disappointing and although I got in free, for those paying 9 was pretty disgraceful. Paying 9 for the opportunity to spend your money is abit sad.
I struggled to spend 2 hours there although 20 mins of that was well spent talking to Dave of DB Replicas.
The organisers (who are they? do they have a web site we can leave polite, helpful sugggestions on?) will have to pick up their act or this show will die......it looked pretty terminal today.

David Large

rich
13-03-05, 05:29 PM
The oranisers are
http://www.limelight-exhibitions.co.uk
They also do the Donnington show.

After reading the earlier posts here we decided not to go in the end, and I think from Dave Large's post we made the right choice

David Large
13-03-05, 05:48 PM
I have sent them my views.
david

bitter_sweet
19-03-05, 05:56 AM
2 hours your a braver man than me 1 hour and i was firing the engine up to clear of wot a load of c**p!!!!!!!
sorry couldnt make tuesday night was playing bingo at gala, signed up at the show.........

David Large
21-03-05, 06:01 PM
I e mailed some comments to the organisers of the Stafford show because i thought it was disappointing.
I have had the courtesy of a reply which I have enclosed below:

"Dear David,

Thank you for your comments regarding the Stafford show. I have also seen them on the Cobra Replica Club website.

The Stafford show is almost certainly one of the most difficult shows of the year. We are nearly always threatened with bad weather and this year was no exception. I think that this had a great deal to do with the attendance. We certainly did not get very many kit cars there this year.

I am sorry that you feel the show was not up to scratch. We did have 30 manufacturers present which is the normal quota and we certainly had all the traders there and many of them were pleased with the show, although the Saturday was quiet.

I do appreciate your comments and I am sorry that you will not be attending again.

With regards Sally Mitchell "

I did say I would think twice about going again.