PDA

View Full Version : Hello all...

JoeC
14-03-05, 02:56 PM
I have wanted a Cobra for as long as I can remember, over 20 years.

In that time I've done the marriage, house and kids things and have just finished building a nice little garage so my new toy.

Anyway, I've read loads of stuff on here and it's all been quite helpful.

Was going to go down to Sovereign or Hallmark but am in two minds now, I think I'll see what the private ads have to offer. I know it's a minefield so I'll try and tread carefully.

Budget is around 15, maybe a bit more but not much (unfortunately)!

I'm in NW London near Wembley, any Cobra owners around this way?

Any advice, pointers in the right direction appreciated.

Cheers :thumb:

TINKA
14-03-05, 06:40 PM
Hi and welcome, bit of advice I would give is if you are on a tight budget then you really need to stay clear of Sovereign or Hallmark as they do tend to load the price a bit. Good luck trying to find something and the best thing you can do is to start making yourself known at your local meet to get loads of pointers and ideas of what to avoid and hopefully you might find someone who might not mind popping along with you if you do find one that you like.

All the best of luck

wilf
14-03-05, 06:40 PM
Joe - you can save many s by buying privately, but as with all things, you do need to know what you are looking at.

Do try to get in touch with your local branch of the Cobra Replica Club, there will be knowledgable people more than willing to help you, maybe even someone there looking to sell.

Join the CRC - there are always member's cars for sale in the mag.

The biggest kitcar show of the year, is not far off (Stoneleigh on May 1st and 2nd) - there will be many many Cobras there from just about all the manufacturers on the club stand, again, usually a few for sale.

Don't buy the first one you come across, wihtout trying some others as well, they do vary.

Luck. I know that you will be excited now that an automotive dream is within your grasp, but take your time about it.

pat b
14-03-05, 07:14 PM
Hi Joe C Ring me now I live in Harrow and just about to nip over to Wembley in my COB if you want a chat and a spin PAT.

JoeC
14-03-05, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys, I do intend to take my time finding one having learnt years ago, "buy in haste, repent at leisure", but would like one before the prices go crazy when the old yellow ball in the sky appears.

I would consider building one myself but I'd like to drive it before I reach pensionable age :D

Pat B:
I'll definately take you up on the offer of a chat and a spin when you're next out and about in my area. I'm actually in Kingsbury so not far from you.
Any other owners around ou area that you know of? Shame there's not an Ace Cafe meet for Cobras now and again, or is there? :confused:

cheers,

Joe.

osgood
14-03-05, 10:16 PM
Joe there are a few of us that get up the Ace Cafe on the first Wednesday of every month (Thames Valley Group) its American night I do beleive. Attended in January last osgood:angel:

Rat Boy
14-03-05, 11:48 PM
Joe
A friend of mine (a show winning hotrod builder) is selling a freshly rebuilt (600 miles ago) Sumo. Ford 302ci, Mustang axle, Fresh paint, interior, running gear etc.....he's looking for 14.5k
If you're interested I can send you some pics and more info.

JoeC
15-03-05, 12:13 AM
Joe
A friend of mine (a show winning hotrod builder) is selling a freshly rebuilt (600 miles ago) Sumo. Ford 302ci, Mustang axle, Fresh paint, interior, running gear etc.....he's looking for 14.5k
If you're interested I can send you some pics and more info.

Please email pics and info and I'll have a look.

Thanks.

JoeC
15-03-05, 09:46 AM
To whoever sent me a PM, I can't read it yet, not enough posts :-(

Please email me, address on public profile.

cheers,

Joe.

Rat Boy
15-03-05, 12:26 PM
Hi Joe

Have put my mate's car on my site as a favour. He's only selling it as he is a hotrodder at heart.....built it as a change of direction but now wants to get back to roddin'.

http://www.7-indulgence.com/caterham/id28.html

Let me know if you're interested.

pat b
15-03-05, 06:44 PM
We seem to be getting closer which bit of Kingsbury I am actually in Kenton (Kingsbury end) out in Cob every day its my only car... PAT

Rat Boy
15-03-05, 07:25 PM
[DONT BE SPINELESS OWN A GARDNER DOUGLAS THE ONLY SNAKE WITH A BACKBONE]

Sorry to disappoint you Pat......but my Tojiero has a backbone!!!!!:finger:

Miket
15-03-05, 08:14 PM

So does my AK and metal floors. :D :D :D

osgood
15-03-05, 08:35 PM
So does my AK and metal floors. :D :D :DThe Viper goes one better Mike Completely enclosed foot wells in steel & space frame set up. center tunnel is space frame clad with steel (No scuttle shake) Chassis sections bigger than AK and Dax re ladder frame type chassis Osgood:angel: ;)

pat b
15-03-05, 09:17 PM
Well it's about time:D:D That's been my signature for about 2 months now. I really thought you lot would have spotted it a lot quicker....ha ha ha

By the way a chassis built with sheet pig iron and the same engineering as the Forth bridge may be strong but it ain't grown up and it ain't clever when it's part of what's meant ot be a sports car (love you all no matter what your faults or delusions) PAT:D:D:D

Purple AK
15-03-05, 10:03 PM
Rotflmao :-( :-( :-( :d

Miket
15-03-05, 10:06 PM
Well it's about time:D:D That's been my signature for about 2 months now. I really thought you lot would have spotted it a lot quicker....ha ha ha

By the way a chassis built with sheet pig iron and the same engineering as the Forth bridge may be strong but it ain't grown up and it ain't clever when it's part of what's meant ot be a sports car (love you all no matter what your faults or delusions) PAT:D:D:D

Don't you just love smart ****'s, especially the ones that have been to the GD school of brainwashing. :-( :-( :finger: :thumb:

pat b
15-03-05, 10:18 PM
Mike I will have you no I was a smart **s long befor my two weeks in the dark at the DG factory.. Andy wont sell you one unless your a know it all b******d thats why we are so clever and popular......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolley es::rolleyes::rolleyes::angel:

Miket
15-03-05, 10:24 PM
Mike I will have you no I was a smart **s long befor my two weeks in the dark at the DG factory.. Andy wont sell you one unless your a know it all b******d thats why we are so clever and popular......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolley es::rolleyes::rolleyes::angel:

Now it all becomes clear, I hate to tell you mate, you have been visiting the wrong factory. :finger: :thumb: :D

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=22194&rangeid=145

Rat Boy
15-03-05, 10:34 PM
Another thread hi-jacked and turned into a slanging match......on a new recruit's thread as well! Shame on you boys! :-}

pat b
15-03-05, 10:36 PM
Now it all becomes clear, I hate to tell you mate, you have been visiting the wrong factory. :finger: :thumb: :D

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=22194&rangeid=145:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:If I change my badge around whats the hopes of getting a pair in the cob with me (wood be looking for lots of cc. at lest 3 or4 Lts...):D

pat b
15-03-05, 10:42 PM
[quote:ead2ca0ad4="Rat Boy"]Another thread hi-jacked and turned into a slanging match......on a new recruit's thread as well! Shame on you boys! It's OK ... If we have not put Joe off for life and he rings me befor my clutch packs in I will take him for a spin (and tell him the truth about you lot) PAT.... How much a mile shall I charge :D:D

Miket
15-03-05, 10:43 PM

Excuse me Rat Boy, I think you started it going off the rails. :finger: :finger: :rolleyes: :thumb: :D

pat b
15-03-05, 10:50 PM
[quote:122be9d056="miket"]Excuse me Rat Boy, I think you started it going off the rails. :finger: [/]Well spotted... Was going to say all pick on Rat Boy but no sport if no challenge:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rat Boy
15-03-05, 11:11 PM
Bring it on Pat......Don't be spineless :D :D :D

osgood
16-03-05, 08:09 AM

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=22194&rangeid=145Nice site Mike full of big T-T's!!! Always thought these Biro Boy's, Whooops GD boys were big girls blouses now we know Osgood:D :)

JoeC
16-03-05, 09:52 AM
Oi! Get off MY thread! :mad: :D

Just off the High Street Pat, in answer to your question many posts back, near the Station.

Now I REALLY must go and do some work.

Joe.

osgood
16-03-05, 09:55 AM

Just off the High Street Pat, in answer to your question many posts back, near the Station.

Joe.:) :) :) Osgood:angel:

Rat Boy
16-03-05, 10:28 AM
You don't seem to understand Joe.....your thread has been hijacked and as such you have no say as to what we do with it :D :D :D

JoeC
16-03-05, 10:23 PM
Let's start again then.

Hello all.....blah blah blah...

:angel: :D

pat b
16-03-05, 10:32 PM

Joe.You can walk to my place off the Kenton Rd ... Ring me soon befor Cob comes off the road.... PAT..

JoeC
16-03-05, 10:51 PM
You can walk to my place off the Kenton Rd ... Ring me soon befor Cob comes off the road.... PAT..

Yep, will do, buzz you tomorrow. I've actually remembered to write down your number this time!

Joe.

pat b
17-03-05, 06:34 PM
Yep, will do, buzz you tomorrow. I've actually remembered to write down your number this time!

Joe.Well come on tell all the boys and girls.....Did you like it and what kit are you going to get..... Rember say anything bad about my GD ( even if true) and it may slip out that your best mate is a hairdresser. opps sorry ment to save that one :o:o:o:o PAT :D:D

speed
17-03-05, 06:45 PM
Hi guys heres our web site www.brooklandsmotorcompany.co.uk enjoy guys

JoeC
17-03-05, 06:58 PM
Well come on tell all the boys and girls.....Did you like it and what kit are you going to get..... Rember say anything bad about my GD ( even if true) and it may slip out that your best mate is a hairdresser. opps sorry ment to save that one :o:o:o:o PAT :D:D

Haha..he's not, his dad is :D :D

Yes was good to actually go for a spin in one and a nice one at that! Couldn't stop grinning!

Definately got to have one but not going to rush into it, bet I have to look at loads before I find one!

Anyway, cheers for the ride, must go and search the web somemore! :thumb: