PDA

View Full Version : Nearly but not quite ..............

dave ridgway
15-08-02, 02:43 PM
Hello all

Well as the title suggests I nearly passed the SVA at Yeading yesterday. The good news is that I only have to cable tie a few wires, P clip a hose replace some bolts and install some missing lock washers !!!

Everything else was fine.

For anyone in the South East area I would defineatly reccomend Yeading as a test centre. The guy that did mine was Malcolm. Very fair and constructive. I got the impression that he really wanted the car to pass and was not over picky.

So the retest is next week and I can't wait. Driving the 25 miles to the test center was great, these cars really do shift dont they !!

Had fun coming home when the fan gave up and the engine got a little hot !! Got her home with out stopping once and the engine was fine.

Cheers

Dave

dave
15-08-02, 07:42 PM
Congrats......If a tad premature.
;-)

wilf
15-08-02, 09:57 PM
Great news - nearly a "first time pass", rest of the build must be up to scratch. Not long now before it's legally on the road.
Take care whilst you get used to it - Cobras bite!

Wilf

osgood
15-08-02, 10:39 PM
Dave also had my test and retest at Yeading Lane back in 1999 very nice people, seem to know what they are talking about. From what I can gather from the forum on this subject, any where north of Watford forget it, not a clue!

Trying to start this area off, meeting at The Fox and Horn Sunday 18th (Roger) Stratfield mortimer, just off junction 11 M4 (A33) about 4 miles 11:00 am. I am leaving from the Merlins Cave Chalfont St Giles (Garry) 9:30 with others, like to see you there if poss? Regardes Eric.

Have a look at regional events.:)