PDA

View Full Version : LeMans 2006

slider
22-03-05, 10:25 PM
I'm too late for the 2005 event (shame), but I don't intend to miss out on 2006!
When should I start to book a place and who should I book it with?

Must go in 2006 cos' its my 50th !!!!

Am I too early to start to make arrangements?
Having never been before I need some serious advise and help!

Thanks in advance.

Miket
22-03-05, 10:36 PM
Slider

You might not be to late for 2005, it looks like Just Tickets still have some available.

http://justtickets.co.uk/lemans/lemans.htm

In 2006 you have the choice of either the 24 hour in June or the Le-Mans Classic in July or both, I would recommend the Classic, we had a good bunch of Cobras there last year and it was brilliant, I and I think a load of other guys will be at the Classic in 2006. :thumb: :thumb:

slider
22-03-05, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the info and encouragement...... I'll give the website a go and see whats available.
I would rather go to the Classic too, it should be great.
Glad there was no wise cracks about my age, but I guess theres still time.
Thanks again,

Purple AK
22-03-05, 10:46 PM
Ah....... A Youngster ;) How was that ;) :D

Miket
22-03-05, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the info and encouragement...... I'll give the website a go and see whats available.
Thanks again,

Slider

Take note off Chris's and my age, we are not sliders, we have slipped. :-( :-( :thumb: :thumb:

Purple AK
22-03-05, 10:55 PM
Slider

Take note off Chris's and my age, we are not sliders, we have slipped. :-( :-( :thumb: :thumb:
Speak for yourself Gramps :D And before you say it. I started early Ok ;) :D

slider
22-03-05, 11:12 PM
How come its us elderly folk that are still up, and on computers...... sad init?
Thanks for the website Ive had a quick look.
The Sliding joke cracked me up!

Miket
22-03-05, 11:16 PM
How come its us elderly folk that are still up, and on computers...... sad init?
Thanks for the website Ive had a quick look.
The Sliding joke cracked me up!

Ah well thats the best part off Broadband, you can stay logged on and keep nipping to the bedroom in between, I should be so lucky. :-( :-( :D :D :thumb:

route66
22-03-05, 11:36 PM
Slider, try the ACO direct here http://marchand.lemans.org/public/boutique/cat.asp?evt=99&idlangue=2&boutic=800

Traditionally, Beausejour campsite tickets are available right up to the race. Don't pay the inflated prices from ticket agents such as Just Tickets, MRI or Page & Moy unless you've won the lottery.

You can buy General Admission tickets on the gate, on the day.

Also, try an excellent Le Mans forum here http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php
Tickets are traded at face value in the Sell or Swap section (no mark ups or profitering and no mention of e-bay).
I've just come back from the Sebring 12 Hours race (Le Mans little brother) in Florida with a whole load of the forum regulars. A great bunch of people.

Steve

David Large
23-03-05, 07:40 AM
Slider

You might not be to late for 2005, it looks like Just Tickets still have some available.

http://justtickets.co.uk/lemans/lemans.htm

In 2006 you have the choice of either the 24 hour in June or the Le-Mans Classic in July or both, I would recommend the Classic, we had a good bunch of Cobras there last year and it was brilliant, I and I think a load of other guys will be at the Classic in 2006. :thumb: :thumb:

I'm all sorted for my trip this year. Next year it is the classic for me. I went to the first one 3 years ag (held in September) ....it was good but I understand last years was an improvement.....I went to the main event last year,,,,,,couldn't do both sadly.

crendonman
07-06-05, 06:26 PM
Thanks again,[/quote:60b06f9098]

Slider,

There are no wise cracks about your age 'cos your just a youngster!! :D :D :thumb:

Andy S
07-06-05, 06:31 PM
I seem to recall that the historic next year is only a couple of weeks after the main race, not sure if thats correct but perhaps those of you that are going this year can check it out.
I also believe that a 'campsite' ie loos and showers, will be better than a 'layby site' ie just loos. Especially as many of our good ladies are coming to the historic.So if you can check this out as well it would be much appreciated.

route66
07-06-05, 06:49 PM
The 2006 Le Mans CLASSIC is on 7 / 8 / 9 July.
http://www.lemansclassic.com/2004/annonce_en.pdf

The main 2006 24 Hours date has not yet been set.

Steve

David Large
08-06-05, 06:10 AM
Thanks again,

Slider,

With some of my pals I will be organising a trip to the classic next year. We do not camp but we have a good set of arrangements in place.......have been to Le Mans for the last 8 years. If you wished to join our trip........but we are mostly old people........ then we could discuss that. Send me a pm.

Looking forward to setting off next week!!!!!! Can't wait.
Cheers

dodger
01-07-05, 10:03 PM
Hi Dave,

If you are making a list of those who want to go to the Classic Le mans next year then please put me on it.
Sounds a great idea. Let me know what hotel b/b arrangements there are going to be, deposits etc.

Regards

David Large
02-07-05, 07:34 AM
Errrrrr no, I am not organising a big event. This is about a gang of us who have been a number of times together and we are pretty much at the max number I wish to deal with. Slider appeared to want some help /advice and since he lives not too far away I offered........but I am not collecting names.

Paul B
28-07-05, 01:08 PM
David

I know you are not becoming the "organiser" but a number of us from the Bristol area are planning to go down to the Classic next year.

Having never been before, and currently being the local area club organiser, any advice on where to get further info on B&B's etc ?

Cheers

Paul

David Large
28-07-05, 05:38 PM
The Office de Tourisme in Le Mans do an excellent service on matching people with B&B opprtunities in private houses. Contact them by e mail which you will find on a web site via a search engine. If you struggle, pm me and I will sort out the details which are at home.
David

Paul B
03-08-05, 08:53 AM
Thanks Dave, now to find someone who can read French !!! At least it's a start.

Paul

Miket
03-08-05, 09:52 AM
Paul

Download this, it will translate most languages and foreign web pages. :thumb:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

David Large
04-08-05, 05:14 AM
Thanks Dave, now to find someone who can read French !!! At least it's a start.

Paul

Jusy capture the phone number and call them; they speak English and are kind to English petrol heads. They like your money!
David

Paul B
05-08-05, 08:32 AM
Dave,

Thanks.

MikeT

I tried putting one of my bosses memo's into bablefish to see what he was saying. Unfortunately, it is one of the few languages not supported !!!

Anyone know of a bull**** translator ?

Paul