PDA

View Full Version : Sale of a very close replica

Spleen
28-03-05, 08:46 PM
Hi all

Thanks for an excellent website. As you are all true afficionado's of all things Cobra, I thought you may be interested in an auction I just set up on Ebay. Please let me know if you have any questions on my pride and joy and I will be happy to answer.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4539429617&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:UK:1

Thanks, all the best

Ron Crean

simon
28-03-05, 09:22 PM
Ron,

How much is included with the car? is there much that needs to be brought over from the US or will UK stuff fit? (screen etc)
Whats the running gear?
What sort of money would you take?
(please feel free to PM me the last question)
Thanks
Simon

simonjrwinter@hotmail.com

Spleen
29-03-05, 10:55 AM
Simon

It needs a bonnet, boot and doors and is pannelled inside ready for seats and interior etc.

I have not put running gear in it so up to the new owner really. It will comfortably take big blocks etc (as per the original)
I have new springs (x2), new steering rack, stainless steel brake lines which I will include.

I can't use the private messaging function as I am new to the site so anyone can get me on ron@crean.tv if that helps.

Thanks

Ron

Grease Monkey
29-03-05, 11:41 AM
Not wanting to put a damper on anyones business initiatives, but why would anyone spend a few grand on a bodyshell that

* Has no doors, boot or bonnet,

* Has no running gear, and who knows what running gear would fit, if any.

* Will not have been designed to get through the SVA

* Won't have any manufacturers build support locally

It would be a brave person to take this on. Either that or someone who is willing and able to make their own panels, adjust the chassis to take known running gear from a donor car, the list is endless....

Spleen
29-03-05, 12:36 PM
It depends on your point of view. If you want a kit car that looks similar to a cobra, with a manual, there are a lot to choose from on the market. If you are looking for something that is indistinguishable from the original, then there are less to choose from. I was keen on the latter and that why I bought it.

In terms of which running gear will fit, it has exactly the same chassis as the original so the running gear as per the original car would fit or from, say, a Kirkham.

Goldie
30-03-05, 11:41 PM
I recognise where those photos were taken... They are at American Speed Specialities... Jim unfortunately died about 3 years ago... I would be interested to know how you got the kit out after he died because i also had stuff there and everybody was just uncontactable and everything was locked up until it was all sorted..!!

I also know the place where the remainder of the kit (doors etc can be purchased).. The guy in Arizona is a friend of mine..

Cheers

Carl..

Spleen
31-03-05, 10:02 AM
well spotted! Yes, Jim was building it for me when he sadly died. His son opened the workshop for me a few days later and arranged for it to be delivered to my garage. I had paid for an FE engine block there and rear springs and a recon diff which I never managed to get out of the workshop after that. At least I managed to get the car out so not a complete disaster. His son sent a few bits through after a lot of calls (and a lot of months) so I just put it down to experience.

Goldie
31-03-05, 02:44 PM
Yes,
I too put it down to experience. I still have his sons emails and occasionally send an email asking when it will be sorted out. He just tells me the solicitor will sort it, but it is all just false promises...

You never know, one day....!!!

I do have to admit though, you are goinf to struggle to sell a kit with doors bot and bonnet missing... Especially as other kits will not fit it...