PDA

View Full Version : Open Workshop for East Anglians to grease their nipples!

dinosoar
30-03-05, 05:58 PM
Hi there,

Here is advance notice of an open workshop day for anyone to poke and prod their machinery and grease those nipples.

Sat 16th April is the date.

Location is Poplar Farm, Bressingham, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 2AP

Contact Andrew Soar 07909531816 or "andrewsoar@yahoo.com"

Ivor and myself will be on hand to assist.

Four post ramp and pit will be available.

May fire up a barbecue.

We can source fram oil filters for most stuff along with specific types of oil plugs etc. at good rates if you give us advance notice and there are a few motor factors in town for any last minute bits.

We could also have an informal car boot sale/stores amnesty.

Ivor also has some american engines and gearboxes and other parts available his number is 07944294250

You are welcome to pop along any time but it would be helpful if you could let us know what jobs you would like to tackle in advance so we plan ahead and not tie up the facilities too much.

Oh and there is B&B available on site if you happen to have a bit of a disaster and shear off a sump plug or break a spark plug or stick a screwdriver through your radiator etc etc etc.

dinosoar
31-03-05, 07:47 AM
There is also plenty of dry parking in a dutch barn if the weather is unclement.

Andy S

dinosoar
31-03-05, 03:28 PM
Might be the odd tin of beer going spare as well

Miket
31-03-05, 03:30 PM
I'm surprised there's not been more takers for such a great offer, pity I live in Devon. :( :( :thumb: :thumb:

route66
31-03-05, 03:46 PM
Andy, I've circulated this to those on our regional e-mail list (I'm not sure all look at this forum) and will add it to the forthcoming monthly newsletter.

dinosoar
31-03-05, 05:02 PM
Good one Steve, Thanks.

On another note.

I am in possesion of a V8 crownwheel and pinion set for the MGB axle in my 289.
I have heard conflicting advice on wether or not the diff cage needs to be machined or not.
As my lathe is rather old I am a bit reluctant to offer up the cage as this could effect the runout situation so I would like to have a word with someone who has done or can do this job. Any ideas?

dinosoar
01-04-05, 05:25 PM
I may be able to borrow or hire an exhaust gas analyser for the day.
Anyone interested?

dinosoar
03-04-05, 06:59 PM
just a few takers so far.
Steve will you be bringing the dax up?

dinosoar
10-04-05, 07:21 PM
All gone quiet on the workshop day idea. Does this mean that east anglian cobras do not require maintenance or are they just shy?
I often notice Cobras from other areas have obvious engine trouble as they always have to open up their bonnets when they arrive. Particularly true of essex cobs....
Just a note to anyone thinking of dropping by,
All welcome
Can still get filters if you are quick.
May have a set of Halibrands for sale and a recon Borg Warner T5 plus a few v8's.
Also have 12 tins of boddingtons and some stella

Andy

dinosoar
12-04-05, 07:14 PM
I have a set of take off rubber from my dax.
They would be good for someone to get their project rolling.
215/60/15 fronts 235/60/15 rears

route66
12-04-05, 09:49 PM
I often notice Cobras from other areas have obvious engine trouble as they always have to open up their bonnets when they arrive.
Andy

:D Very amusing

dinosoar
13-04-05, 06:54 PM
I think we may be in danger of creating a reputation for unreliability!
What next? Wicker baskets?

route66
15-04-05, 08:46 AM
Andy, change of plan. We'll be there now.

See you tomorrow. I'll give you a call.

Steve

dinosoar
15-04-05, 06:51 PM
Will you still be on speaking terms with Eileen when you get home?

dinosoar
15-04-05, 07:09 PM
I have to nip up to my Summit racing importer in Norwich tomorrow morning.
I should be back to the workshop at around 10:00 to 10:30am depending on traffic.
I don't suppose this will effect any of our visitors too much but I though I should let you know that the dog will not bite you if you arrive before me!

See you all tomorrow.

Andy

route66
15-04-05, 07:10 PM
She said she's coming along too!

Steve

dinosoar
15-04-05, 07:16 PM
It is a good job that I have been doing a bit of a spring clean in the workshop then.
Or does she plan to keep my folks company in the conservatory?
It is looking more like a "kettle on" day rather than barbeque.
See you tomorrow

Andy

route66
16-04-05, 06:25 PM
Many thanks to Andy for hosting this today.

I counted 7 cobras; and a '32 Ford hot rod, a Chevy pickup and a Cadillac getting their pre Le Mans check ups.

Also, as you can see, the barbeque was fired up and we polished off a couple of beers.

Steve

dinosoar
18-04-05, 07:44 PM
I can report that the workshop day seemed to be a great success and very enjoyable too.
Thanks to those who provided their time for tinkering, barbecuing and generally contributing to the atmosphere.
We may well repeat the idea again. What think you all?

Andy

simon finlay
18-04-05, 08:45 PM
Hi Andy, sorry we could not make the weekend, got back from the Staes late friday night with rather a lot of heavy baggage! if you know what I mean, still glad you all had a good day and look forward to seeing you soon. Are you going to Elvington? or any one else from our area that you know of if so travel up together on the friday and meet the South east guys on the A1. See you soon, Simon

simon finlay
18-04-05, 08:46 PM
Thats was the States, not Staes as mentioned above, pratt still jet lagged!

dinosoar
19-04-05, 07:08 PM
Hello there Simon,

Shame you couldn't make it.

I have not made plans for elvington but may do so.

Mark Bright has found that Javelin motorsport have a track day at snetterton for 85 (reduced) on May6 May be of interest. Just found out that they require roll over protection so I'm buggered with both cobs!

Andy