PDA

View Full Version : Good Garage for MOT and servicing

cobrabear
03-04-05, 10:40 PM
Hi,

I bought a Pilgrim last Autumn. The guy who built it had already started his next project and needed a cash injection. I feel something of a fraud for not having built it myself :o , but didn't want to wait until I had the time to do so before being able to drive my own.

Its done 800 miles and was SVA'd in 2002, so it will need an MOT this year. I have been tinkering with it over the winter, just getting the feel for how it all fits together, but do not want to risk any major serving myself just yet. I live in Wimbledon and would be interested to know if anyone can recommend a garage in the South East area for MOTs and servinging. I think that it I took it to just anyone the car wouldn't get the respect and care that it deserves.

Cheers,

Matt

pat b
04-04-05, 10:09 AM
I use Paul Knight in Acton W3. Top man loves cobs and knows what he is doing building cars all his life, and runs a 900 bhp chevy:D:D:D Tell Pat Bailey sent you and you got no money to pay the full price... PAT:thumb::thumb:

cobrabear
05-04-05, 10:45 AM
Thanks Pat, perhaps we can meet up out West somewhere.

Matt

cobrabear
05-04-05, 12:17 PM
Pat, Do you have a number for him?

Cheers,

Matt:)

pat b
05-04-05, 05:20 PM
Sorry Matt :o:o though I put number on..... 0208 992 2655.... Any probs ring me on 07811367233.If you want to meet up ring me, around west London all the time in the cob its my only motor. But be quick adout to get off my fat ass and stop talking about it and take it off the road to do some work on it. ( I will soon have to try pouring eveo-stick into bellhousing to get the clutch to bite ).... PAT:D:D

wilf
05-04-05, 08:51 PM
Matt - that engine needs an oil and filter change at the very least and quite quickly , assuming it has not had one yet.

There are lots of threads here about what kind of oil is best - try a search on "oil".