PDA

View Full Version : Jag Wheels

Grease Monkey
16-04-05, 09:57 AM
Finally got the Halibrands fitted and do they look cool or what? Love it.

Anyhow, this means i have a set of 4 Jag XJS wheels running 225s that are taking up valuable space. Thay all have tons of tread on them, almost new infact.

One has a nail through the bottom, and goes down after a week of so. Nothing that couldn't be fixed if i could have been bothered.

Anyone local to Bristol need a set ? Andy (in Swindon) Are you up to the wheel stage, or still working on the running gear ? I guess this is more of a 'take them off my hands' post than a loan item.

kenf
16-04-05, 03:06 PM
Adrian,

if you don't mind my asking, what size halibrands (widths & diameter) and offsets have you got? and where did you get them from?

Ken

bogster
16-04-05, 03:40 PM
Adrian,

I need a set of Jag wheels but unfortunately I am up in Scotland. How much should I expect to pay for a set?

Anyone near Aberdeen or Edinburgh with a set of Jag wheels?

john w
16-04-05, 05:24 PM
Im looking for a set, I'm in Stoke on trent

John

Andy302
16-04-05, 07:10 PM
Finally got the Halibrands fitted and do they look cool or what? Love it.

Anyhow, this means i have a set of 4 Jag XJS wheels running 225s that are taking up valuable space. Thay all have tons of tread on them, almost new infact.

One has a nail through the bottom, and goes down after a week of so. Nothing that couldn't be fixed if i could have been bothered.

Anyone local to Bristol need a set ? Andy (in Swindon) Are you up to the wheel stage, or still working on the running gear ? I guess this is more of a 'take them off my hands' post than a loan item.

Adrian,

Thanks for thinking of me, Ive already managed to source a set though, Im sure somone will want them!

Cheers

Grease Monkey
17-04-05, 04:34 PM
Ken,

They're 17" rims running 245/45ZR/17s rear and 225/45ZR/17s Toyo T1Rs on the front

Not sure what offset they are as i got them through GD, but i know GD got them from Image Wheels.

Bogster,

I have no idea how much wheels would cost. Mine were 150 but came with a free XJ6.

John W, if you want them you can come get them, but it's rather a long drive!

russj
17-04-05, 04:55 PM
Pity you didn't post this last week as I looked everywhere for a set to sit my chassis on!!

What I have now found out that may help others is that all Audis with the exception of the A3 are on 112mm PCD.

E bay has loads of them. I got a set of 17" A4 alloys for 60.

Mercedes are also 112mm PCD but when you mention mercedes the prices are silly.

Just as well as I am picking up my rolling chassis from GD on thursday.

Russ

Andy302
17-04-05, 04:57 PM
For those asking questions on how much a set of jag wheels would cost. When looking for mine I phoned all my local breakers yards, heres the average of what I was asked to pay.

Steel with duff tyres : 25 ea.
Alloy with Duff tyres: 40 ea. :eek:

Cant tell you what they wanted for ones with good tyres as nobody had any and I wouldnt have asked at those prices anyway!!

HTH

john w
17-04-05, 06:24 PM
Hi Ken

What part of the country are you in, & how much do you wont for the wheels, I tried a set of BMW 7 series, they fitted the studs, but not the centre.

John

Stoke

Grease Monkey
17-04-05, 07:48 PM
John,

Look at the top right of each post! Kens in Hailsham, East Sussex, I'm in Bristol

Offer 30 and they're yours. Shame i didnt know earlier as ive just driven back from Manchester past Stoke.