PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Track Day

robert
09-01-01, 12:49 PM
Guys & Girls

I will be organising another track day this year, the cost will be the same a last year (about 100). The places were taken up very quickly and we all had a wonderful day.

Let me know if there are any takers for this year, but you better be quick.

I will be going for either Abingdon or Bedford Aerodrome and it will be a weekend this time.

I will let you know the date soon.

Best Regards

Rob

imported_admin
11-01-01, 08:07 PM
Robert - The track day sounds good to me, will there be a noise meter, as I'm not convinced my FIA with a open side pipes will pass a noise test.

Andy

robert
12-01-01, 09:06 AM
The track days are held on Airfields with vey good run off, therefore there are no noise restrictions. Last year Andy from GD brought the racer down, and that was very loud.

Best Regards

Rob

John Tisbury
14-01-01, 04:28 PM
Hi Robert

Yes please!!!!
Last year's was great fun and well organised. Put me down for a place.

Regs
John

imported_admin
15-01-01, 08:23 AM
Robert - I'd like a place reserved but need to know roughly when you intend to book the track, just in case I am working.

Andy

robert
15-01-01, 10:21 AM
I will be finalising all the details by the middle of Feb and a full post will go on the Website and in the Mag.

Best Regards

Rob

clive a brown
15-01-01, 11:24 AM
Rob, I will be very interested in joining you on a CRC track day,the only problem that I have - shared by many I'm sure - is that the side exhausts on my Dax are far to noisy!

At Goodwood a few years ago, cars far quieter than mine had signed up and then been refused track time - due to noise restrictions imposed by the local authority.

Do the venues that you are loking at have noise restrictions in place?

Regards Clive

clive a brown
15-01-01, 11:27 AM
Rob - That will teach me to read the string before composing a message.
Please ignore previous

Regards Clive

robert
15-01-01, 04:43 PM
Clive

The only pre-requisite is no loud shirts, noise restrictions will be placed on those!!

Best Regards

Rob

John Tisbury
19-01-01, 05:47 PM
Surely loud shirts are a must. How else can the owners hope to outshine their cars?

I shall be wearing a loud Hawian shirt, but I may go a crash helmet rather than a straw hat.

robert
19-01-01, 07:31 PM
All loud shirts will be used as traffic cones, and knowing the way I like to spin, they won't last long }> }>

Rob

imported_admin
22-01-01, 09:09 PM
Hi Robert,

If the date's OK I'll definately be there and we may finally meet up.

The car's finally legal so I can at least drive it to the track!

Regards

John

robert
23-01-01, 10:08 AM
John

It would be great to see you, I will try an organise a sunny day for your drive over.

Best Reg

Rob

imported_admin
26-02-01, 09:58 AM
now I'm all road legal, i'd love to come & try a track day, when is this one to be organised, let me know