PDA

View Full Version : Cape Town Newbie

peter v
25-04-05, 01:15 PM
Hi Folks,

I have just joined the forum and want to know if there are any other members in my area, being Cape Town, South Africa.

I am in the process of building a Shamrock Cobra (since Sept 04) and so far have completed most of the chassis. I am modifying the suspension by changing the shocks as per recommendations by some local owners of existing Shamrocks. I am due to start rebuilding the engine, a Chev 350 Small Block, shortly, and have also just bought the body. :)

That is where the funds have run out, so who knows what will be next! :-(

Please shout if you want to chat about progress and share building knowledge.

Peter V

dave
25-04-05, 08:46 PM
Hi Peter.
I don't think there are any Shamrock builders who regularly post on here but you are more than welcome.
Do you have any pics. you can post up here?

See ya'

stevee8
26-04-05, 06:16 PM
Phil - where are you?

See, there is another Shamrock owner out there :thumb: :thumb:

peterv
16-08-05, 02:06 PM
Hi Dave,

Sorry it took so long to respond, I lost my original logon ID!

I tried inserting the pictures, but it does not seem to like what I am doing. I will explore alternatives, but all suggestions wellcome.

Peter

peterv
16-08-05, 02:58 PM
Dave,

I have loaded two pictures to the General Cobra Images gallery. Search for "Shamrock" and you should see them.

Let me know if you do get to see them.

Peter

tarrensmith
07-01-13, 01:42 PM
Hello Peter,
Interesting how we end up following the same path.... Now who's the new Cape Town Newbie? Thanks for all the help.
Tarren.

nealgs
07-01-13, 10:07 PM
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the site. I know this may lead you away from this site but it may be worth trying here Talk@CobraRegistry.com (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/forum.php?) there are a fair few SA based members on the including 'Q' who appears to have a vast knowledge of and loads of pics - lol - of different cobras.

But, please do stay on here - keep us upto date with your build progress and pics too.

good luck

rgds
Gary