PDA

View Full Version : And it was all going so well

Chimeara
25-04-05, 07:14 PM
Just went to finally mount my exhausts and fire it up to check for blows when disaster struck. Was doing up the final rubber mount supplied by custom chrome and the thread fell out of the rubber. To top it all of after splattering every part of the shiny exhasut with fire gum the joint from the bend into the sidepipe will not seal properly. Ive narrowed the sound down from a loud tappet knocking noise to a satisfactory tiddly little noise which I just cant get any better. Once it warms up the metal expands slightly and it stops but never the less still annoying.

Still only have to put up with it until the winter then its the parts bin for the pilgrim exhausts. I think il give Roger a call at shinybitz for some shiny manifolds and dax style side pipes.

Not far off from killing myself now, everyone is realising im nearly done and telling me to drive steady etc etc when its finished. Why is it noone thinks a mere 21 year old bambino can handle the 350hp thats on tap

Anthony

steamyrotter
25-04-05, 10:06 PM
. Why is it noone thinks a mere 21 year old bambino can handle the 350hp thats on tap

Anthony

6-9 points on the licence per chance??????????:rolleyes:

I am definitely going to have to pop over and sample that.

Cheers

D.

plod
25-04-05, 10:27 PM
Why is it noone thinks a mere 21 year old bambino can handle the 350hp thats on tap

Anthony

Because normally they cant! :finger:

Cant even manage to put a rubber on. I thought that at 21, putting one of those on would be normal practice? :thumb:

gwak76
26-04-05, 03:43 AM
Not far off from killing myself now, everyone is realising im nearly done and telling me to drive steady etc etc when its finished. Why is it noone thinks a mere 21 year old bambino can handle the 350hp thats on tap

Anthony

Dont worry about 350bhp, you will soon get bored with that and want 450hp, then you can really dice with death :D

Neil O
26-04-05, 08:05 AM
Still only have to put up with it until the winter then its the parts bin for the pilgrim exhausts. I think il give Roger a call at shinybitz for some shiny manifolds and dax style side pipes.

Anthony[/quote:8f9a94a7c9]

Anthony, see me at the meet on Sunday, I'll give you a tip about stainless exhausts mate.
Pleased it's all going well, aside the odd problems. It won't be long before we see you in something other than a 4wd eh?!

Cheers,
Neil:D

rocket
26-04-05, 11:02 PM
Just went to finally mount my exhausts and fire it up to check for blows when disaster struck. Was doing up the final rubber mount supplied by custom chrome and the thread fell out of the rubber. To top it all of after splattering every part of the shiny exhasut with fire gum the joint from the bend into the sidepipe will not seal properly. Ive narrowed the sound down from a loud tappet knocking noise to a satisfactory tiddly little noise which I just cant get any better. Once it warms up the metal expands slightly and it stops but never the less still annoying.

Anthony

i'd be happy to help chap.

Chimeara
27-04-05, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your comments guys but yes I can handle it (famous last words) Putting those rubbers on is also not a problem the last time I checked its certainly not a regular normal practice though. Living in the garage makes me bit of a social recluse at the moment so meeting the ladies is sat on the back burner until the car is built.

Thanks Roger, are you at stoneleigh on sunday will pass by your stand and say hello.

Neil will have to wait till next month for that tip as il be at Stoneleigh or you could PM it to me.

Anthony

Anthony