PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for Chevy 350 engine

PeteT
12-01-01, 09:44 PM
By Spring i should be ready to fit my engine. Will be fitting a Chevy small block 350 with Tremec 5 speed box to Jag 3.31 powerlock final drive. Can any one reccomend a good and competitive supplier for a bolt in engine and gearbox package. Hoping to fit around the 400-420 hp mark. Has any one imported direct from the States, was it worth it. The other question is that someone told me i will have to get a pre 86 block in able to pass sva, (catalyst rules ?)can anyone enlighten me.. Thanks for your help..and Happy Blasting>>>>>>>000000

robert
13-01-01, 06:24 PM
Have a look at the following post

http://www.ac427.com/forum/AC427_Tech/39.html#

You should also talk to Brian at Repower, number in the mag. I was going to import an engine from the states but decided that it would be better to have my existing engine rebuilt by Ken Coleman of Engine Data in Castleford. I cannot rate Ken highly enough, he built the racer engine for GD.

Best Regards

Rob

clive a brown
15-01-01, 11:46 AM
Pete, I have just had a Chevy 350 ZZ4 and Tremec 5 speed gearbox fitted into my Dax. I purchased the crated engine from www.paceparts.com due to weight restrictions on my freight allowance - I work for a airline - I purchased the gearbox in the UK. The price was about half of what Real Steel quoted - so in answer to your question - it was very worth while! and very easy to achieve.

The first person I saw during the whole transaction was from customs when it had arrived in the air frieght sheds.

Talk to me direct Clive.A.Brown@BritishAirways.com

Regards Clive

nobbystiles
24-02-06, 10:45 PM
Pete, I have just had a Chevy 350 ZZ4 and Tremec 5 speed gearbox fitted into my Dax. I purchased the crated engine from www.paceparts.com due to weight restrictions on my freight allowance - I work for a airline - I purchased the gearbox in the UK. The price was about half of what Real Steel quoted - so in answer to your question - it was very worth while! and very easy to achieve.

The first person I saw during the whole transaction was from customs when it had arrived in the air frieght sheds.

Talk to me direct Clive.A.Brown@BritishAirways.com

Regards Clive

Those are great prices, one question - was the block new or can you specify one old enough for SVA (i.e. no need for catalytic converter etc)

Cheers

bogster
24-02-06, 11:13 PM
Hy pete,

The engine factory supply excellent engines and they now also provide tremec gearboxes. So the complete package you are looking for they will have.

Here's a picture of my engine that I just got two days ago.

If you speak to Mark Smith (Enginefactory agent for UK) he will tell you everything you need to know about choosing, ordering and having it delivered from the US. They have lay away options as well if you are looking for that.

My engine is awesome! I sat in the garage all night looking at it when it came! :) I know, I'm a sad B***ard. But its not everyday you get to build a Cobra and be fortunate enough to be able to. I'm enjoying every moment.

Miket
25-02-06, 09:28 AM
Just to point out, the original post was in 2001. :( :( :eek:

bogster
25-02-06, 12:32 PM
Thanks Mike

My eyesight must be going! I guess he'll probably have overhauled his engine by now. LOL

Clarkson
25-02-06, 01:02 PM
HaHa it's a bit old!!

fastco
25-02-06, 03:12 PM
Hello there is new site with UK engine suppliers listed for more options in suppliers... can't hurt to shop around mate..... Cheers! Dr,Dee