PDA

View Full Version : A Miracle ? ?

russell_ram
31-08-02, 09:24 AM
Just crawled downstairs to make a cup of coffee and there was a strange apparition of my front door mat!! A brown A4 envelope containing - A 'bumper summer issue' of Snake Torque !

Hope it's worth the wait.

Russ :) :) :) :)

GUMBALL
31-08-02, 10:00 AM
Russ,

Strange occurence at my house this morning also, had the postman tested for drugs for such strange and rare behaviour.
Should be one mag per month now to make our total up to six???

GUMBALL x( ;-)

simon
31-08-02, 10:15 AM
now now boys, don't take the p**s.
How many aricles have YOU sent in to be in our club mag eh? seems like bobs the only one to contribute on a regular basis. maybe we should all take a leaf out of his book. after the magazine is only what WE make it

simon

robert
31-08-02, 10:56 AM
Gumball

You will not get 6 mags per year. You will get as many mags as we can produce based on the number of articles sent in.

Time and time again I have said WE ARE A BUNCH OF VOLUNTEERS HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF.

The number of pages in the mag has increase by about 8 in the last year, so you are getting your moneys worth. We work bloody hard on the mag and comments like that just make us wonder why we bother.

Where else can you get the VFM you get with the CRC. I would suggest you subscribe to the Westfield owners club and see what sort of mag you get from them. It will not be as well presented and full of COLOUR pages.

Robert
Forum Admin

http://www.cobraclub.com/flags/UK.gif

Kevin W
31-08-02, 11:12 AM
Nothing's come for me from Mr Posty yet :-(

Kevin

GUMBALL
31-08-02, 12:12 PM
Rob,

Actually, I WAS joking, we never get six mags per year (but I'm sure we used to)which doesn't bother me, and I DO know how much work is put in by some individuals, yourself included.
Sorry if I offended you, that is not how I meant it to sound - those of you who know me, know that I am not like that. I have always supported club events (ask Graham D) and give my backing to the club whenever asked, and regularly help out other members with problems with their cars. I know there are lots of members out there who we never see, never join in with club activities and don't appreciate the work some people put in, but I am not one of them.
As Simon said, perhaps we should submit articles for inclusion in the mag, but, perhaps we don't like to because we are not asked to.

GUMBALL

robert
31-08-02, 12:29 PM
Gumball

We aim to get 5 or 6 mags out a year, however the number of pages has increased, so theoretically you are getting six mags worth, just in 5 issues.

I can safely say that any articles for the mag would be very gratefully reeived by Peter, so please send in anything you think is appropriate.

Robert
Forum Admin

Migge
31-08-02, 02:44 PM
What should I say? I'm waiting in Germany, of course a few days more.

dave
31-08-02, 06:39 PM
Robert.
Bumper issue?..........It's full of picture of YOU (6).
And where's the picture of my stand? there seems to be plenty of the GD stand(3)! :(

robert
31-08-02, 06:49 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about, I am stil at work, and won't be home until about 10pm.

Robert
Forum Admin

dave
31-08-02, 07:14 PM
Robert.
It just keeps getting worse the more i look.....There are another 6 pictures with your bloody car on them, including the front cover.x( x( :P :7

russell_ram
31-08-02, 08:23 PM
Two really good pictures of mine though, courtesy of that nice Mr Birchall I think.

Possibly made the whole wait worthwhile :9

Russ

Didn't see any other pictures in the whole magazine for some reason.

427sc
31-08-02, 08:56 PM
Hi Guy's,

I don't know how many 'guests' log onto this site daily.....but i wonder what they think about the silly squables in such a well run and professional site?..ie....'there is more pictures of your car than mine!!!!!!'......come on....without a few 'key' people we would not have a magazine ...or even a web site.
I for one think that we get more than our money's worth whether in print,advice or help and find it hard to believe that we can spend over 20k building our cars although we moan about 20 per yr subscription.

dave (awaiting the backlashx( )

nbracken
31-08-02, 09:02 PM
Migge, where are you in Germany - I am in Bonn.

Nigel B

wilf
31-08-02, 09:32 PM
Rob - now don't get all techy now, I have a genuine question. Some time ago (months) I sent an email to the advertised address for ST editorial asking in what format (Word etc) they would want to receive a piece I was proposing to write about the DVSFII in the US. Never got a reply? What email address should I use for an enquiry like that?

I still could write it up, just haven't yet because of not wanting to waste my time doing it in a format that can't be used.

Wilf

wilf
31-08-02, 09:38 PM
Dave - I think you need to understand the difference between the real world and here. Most of us who have posted for a long time like to wind up the others of the same ilk. And do so on a frequent basis. What you see here, and are concerned about, is an excellent example of that.

I think there are too many pictures of Rob too, one would be (more than) enough. Mind you though, we could perhaps manage to accept a few of his wife??

And Dave - I've seen bare Dax chassis before, Why would I want to see a picture of yours?

And lastly, there are far far too many pictures of the Purple Tart and the one where he is clutching the money particularly upsets me. Best engine??? It's a freeking Chevy for chrissake. And in a Cobra! Disgraceful. You would have thought people had more taste.

Wilf :D

PS - good mag guys, read it in the throne room this am. Helped my movements no end.

russell_ram
31-08-02, 10:39 PM
>And lastly, there are far far too many pictures of the Purple Tart and
>the one where he is clutching the money particularly upsets me. Best
>engine??? It's a freeking Chevy for chrissake. And in a Cobra!
>Disgraceful. You would have thought people had more taste.

Well you voted for him!! (or more specifically his car)

Rammy Boy

STEVE G
01-09-02, 06:18 PM
Ha just woke up after a heavy weekend,checked post and I'm a centrefold.Well worth waiting for this issue.
Regards Steve G.

robert
01-09-02, 06:26 PM
Look in the Contact the CRC Section of the site.

Robert
Forum Admin

robert
01-09-02, 06:29 PM
Dave

They are pictures of Mikes car, mine is just sort of luking in the background.

Robert
Forum Admin

Purple Ronnie
01-09-02, 07:39 PM
Quality not quantity

wilf
01-09-02, 08:09 PM
That was me just being even-handed. I didn't mean it. After all, what cobra -cognoscenti would vote for a GD with a Chevy in it in their right mind?

Next time I'm voting for myself. Several times. Then I might come in 10th or 11th.

Wilf

Purple Ronnie
01-09-02, 09:58 PM
Oh I don't know, If no one else turns up you might win!:*

wilf
01-09-02, 11:21 PM
Hmmm, that will look nice when its finished. }> }>

Wilf

dave
02-09-02, 09:13 PM
Still too close for comfort.:-)

robert
02-09-02, 09:35 PM
Quality will always shine through, and it normally shines through the layers of road film on my car. :D :D :D

Robert
Forum Admin

dave
07-11-02, 08:17 PM
Wilf.
I did have two fully built cars there aswell you know, and the blue one with the stripes got more attn. than the Dax factory demonstrator.:P

So If i can't have a space in the mag, i'll pop a picture of it up here.}> }> }>