PDA

View Full Version : 5th gear anyone? Superformance?

plod
11-05-05, 09:58 AM
Dont know if anyone saw it the other night, but 5th gear did a little article on the Superformance coupe, the updated model based on the AC Daytone Coupe.

I tink it's repeated on Friday. Very good article, as far as I'm concerned of course.

All that speed from that little engine too.... :-}

plod
11-05-05, 10:00 AM
Oh, and thanks to Dave N for ringing me about it..Cheers Dave

Kevin_T
11-05-05, 11:40 AM
Paul,
Yep I saw it .... it looked very good .... particulary with VBH driving !!!
When is the grand unveiling of your one?
Cheers,
Kevin....

plod
11-05-05, 11:54 AM
Hmmmmmmm....... Yr guess as good as mine I'm afraid. Engine gone off to be balanced and hopwfully in 3-4 weeks, I'll be going down to see the 1st firing up. Chaps Have been great, just putting a few hours in here and there until I'm sold up and can finally pay the deficit.

As for car. Well, cob still not sold so I'm hoping for a July August delivery..... :-(

snake_bitten
11-05-05, 12:19 PM
Caught the tail end of the article myself, will definatly be watching the repeat friday night, probably as much for VBH as the car (no offence paul!!!)

Paul B
11-05-05, 12:45 PM
Dribble, dribble, dribble !!!

The R/H drive version is supposed to have much better feel through the steering but.....who cares when it looks soooooooo good.

Paul

neil still building it
11-05-05, 02:49 PM
hi
i'd have said 'DESPITE' vbh driveing it her giggly squeal drives me up the wall ....so if she comes on i switch over ...same for touring cars....thats ho**** squeal she does sends me looking for other chanels every time!! spoils loads of programmes....but i have to admit this time i forced myself to watch to see the car !!but hardly a thorough test drive was it ....typical tv these days 3 minute snippets (dumming down)for those that bored if it stays on any longer ...
NEIL

LRdriver
11-05-05, 03:14 PM
nah.. its a fake coupe.. the exhaust routes out from under the back from hidden holes. The sidepipes are for show only. Naff really... You see one shot of this in 5th gear, but no mention of it.
Pah.. its a race car dammit, not a poxy fully loaded mondeo...

stevee8
11-05-05, 05:17 PM
Obviously some of you have a touch of the hots for VBH - personally I'm with you on that Neil.