PDA

View Full Version : Posting a classified ad?

DIET-SUMO
12-05-05, 09:24 PM
I've read the thread below about logging in, once in the classifieds, but it doesn't seem to work. No new 'Place and Ad' appears in my toolbar. Anyone offer any help? I'm trying to sell my Cobra...maybe it's an omen! I'm only a Small Member...is this the reason? If so, how do I upgrade? thanks in advance.

rich
12-05-05, 10:25 PM
You have to subsribe to the CRC
http://www.cobraclub.com/membership/
You will need to use the 2nd option

Then email Robert to have your site features upgraded

dietsumo
14-05-05, 02:23 PM
Thanks very much. Ad posted successfully. :thumb:

David Horsnell
15-05-05, 01:49 PM
I'm in a similar position, a fully paid up member, having posted ads before but now there's no "log-in" icon in the classified section or "place an advert" icon. The only thing I seem able to do is "log out", which I've tried and then logged in again but no difference.

What should / can I do ??

I've email Robert who simply directed me to this thread, which doesn't seem to help !!!

All suggestions very welcome

David

kenf
15-05-05, 04:08 PM
I've been asking Robert to update my profile for over a week now. I've been a fully paid up member since July 2000 but it seems that he doesn't recognise my membership number format. According to Marion Jones, the format has changed from the original so I expect there to be at least 240 members (cos I'm number 241) that Robert thinks aren't members. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ken

kurrmet
15-05-05, 05:38 PM
Ken

You are just of many i think that Robert has to work though, I am one i have been a member for three year and sent all my details to robert but have not yet had my user CP upgraded. I think we will just have to wait until Rob has worked is way though the back log (I Hope)

robert
15-05-05, 07:05 PM
Ken

You are just of many i think that Robert has to work though, I am one i have been a member for three year and sent all my details to robert but have not yet had my user CP upgraded. I think we will just have to wait until Rob has worked is way though the back log (I Hope)

Sorry guys, there are only so many hours in the day, and the wife wants some of them, the job wants some, and the children want the other ones.

I am getting there, just slowly. :-(

peter
07-07-05, 02:06 PM
I am also trying to place an ad for my GD, have read all the relevent associated posts but no wiser, there must be some way of getting an ad up on this site, I have been a fully paid up member for 4 years. Help please anyone

dave.n
07-07-05, 02:52 PM
I have been waiting for some time myself and have to say it will be done when it's done I'm sure Robert has other stuff to do.

I am the same in respect of the classifieds, but all worked out as I sold the item elsewhere.
Where the Private Messages are concerned and posting pictures can anyone tell why I can only send one message at a time and then it won't let me send any more. Is there a limit on this. Also is there a limit on the amount of picture space one's aloud.

I appologise to all the South East region people who are trying to PM me but can't as there is no space in my private messages, my fault. If this is the case. Phone me instead it's easier and good to talk.
I have very limited knowledge on computors so it's a waste of time me offering assistance or complaining as I haven't got a clue whats involved, but I'm sure there must be some out there that could maybe offer to help Robert with this if it's time consuming and difficult. Also it may just be a couple of us who have problems. Lets not get hasty but help if we can.

Miket
07-07-05, 04:24 PM
Dave

It will only let you send PM's every 10 minutes.

To delete your PM's, tick the boxes at the side of the PM's you want to remove, then at the bottom of the page you will see select messages, scroll to delete then click on go. :thumb: :thumb:

paul_s
15-09-05, 06:53 PM
I too seem to be in the same situation with regards to placing an ad. I have tried many times to find the place ad icon without success. How do I know if I have an old or new format membership number? If it is a case of upgrading our CP's can we have some time estimate as to when this will be completed please.

Paul.

TINKA
15-09-05, 07:13 PM
Paul, are you a member of the Cobra Replica Club, which means you will receive the club magazine Snake Torque. If not then you will have to join to use this facility on the site. If you are a member send your membership number ( which is on the envelope of every copy of Snake Torque you get ) to Rob and he will sort things out.

paul_s
17-09-05, 09:04 AM
Hello Martin, Thanks for the reply. I have been a member of the Cobra Replica Club for about 5 years now, but have only recently registered on the website. I did supply my membership number during registration. At first I thought this problem was something to do with me, but after reading this thread it would appear that many other people are in this situation as well. I will send an email to Rob with my membership number anyway so hopefully he will sort it out. Interesting that you mention the Snake Torque magazine because I haven't had one of those for what seems to be a long time either.

Paul.

Pictus
04-10-05, 04:12 PM
i also am in the same situation i have been a member of the club for just over two years and recieve the club magazine i also cant seem to post an item for sale:'

Warren

rich
04-10-05, 04:19 PM
Warren
have you emailed your details and membership No. to Robert?

Pictus
04-10-05, 04:25 PM
i have asked him if he could change my profile i have asked marion jones also about my membership she said that she had emailed rob the list of members that had renewed i guesss robert is just a busy man these days anyway it is not urgent at this point in time ill stick the item on ebay for now and if not ill ask peter jones to put it in the next mag i think he has already started it

Warren