PDA

View Full Version : oil filler cap

Speedy Gonzales
13-05-05, 05:53 PM
hey ppl

Just a quick question that i hope someone can help me with. I have a rover v8 engine in my cobra and im very happy with it, it has lovely chromed rocker covers and then a god awful orange plastic filler cap. I have tried to find a supplier of a billet oil filler cap and found a company called leven technology, however, they only make filler caps with tvr stamped across them, so does anyone know where i might be able to find one, ive tried ebay and a whole host of other sites but to no avail.

TINKA
13-05-05, 06:40 PM
There are several different style of rocker covers it would help if you could supply a photo.

David Large
13-05-05, 08:02 PM
You could take the orange plastic off and polish the alloy beneath. I think that is what happened to the one i bought off David Ellis. It looks fine on my crackle black RV8 rocker covers. You may be able to see on a photo in my gallery.

jrv8
13-05-05, 09:17 PM
Hi,

Take a look at item number 4548352837 on e Bay. Is this what you're looking for ? I know this seller personally and can recommend him. He can also supply these caps without any engraving.

Regards
Jim

David Large
14-05-05, 07:48 AM
They look really good.

mitch v8
14-05-05, 03:33 PM
Hi,

I make the caps described by Jim, which were advertised on e-bay. They can be made plain or with a v8 logo and are made of polished billet aluminium. They fit all rover v8 rocker covers except 4.6. Hope this helps!

Speedy Gonzales
14-05-05, 03:55 PM
Ive seen the caps on e-bay and they are definately what im after, however, the auction has ended.

kdavies3
15-05-05, 08:48 AM
Hi Speedy it sounds like you should contact Mitch direct, (2 posts up).

boyze
16-05-05, 11:25 PM
Hi,

I make the caps described by Jim, which were advertised on e-bay. They can be made plain or with a v8 logo and are made of polished billet aluminium. They fit all rover v8 rocker covers except 4.6. Hope this helps!

Mitch v8.

I would like one of your caps please post me price & adress.

cheers boyze.

mitch v8
24-05-05, 03:43 PM
Mitch v8.

I would like one of your caps please post me price & adress.

cheers boyze.

Hi boyze,

Can you contact me as your message box is full!