Yellow - Caution/Slow/No Overtaking
Red - Slow and immediately into the pits
Blue - Let faster cars overtake
Black - Go to pits and have a chat with the event organiser
Ensure drivers and passengers have signed in
Ensure drivers have a wrist band - No wristband, no driving
Ensure passengers have wristbands
Everyone must sign in
Helmets must be worn on the circuit at all times except on the familiarisation lap
Seatbelts MUST be worn
This is a club event and NOT your generic trackday, any inappropriate behaviour on the circuit will NOT be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the circuit.

Instructors

Driveaction have put on instructors for us to use, this cost is included within your entry to the track. I would strongly suggest that you book one up first thing in the morning to ensure you can get some good 121 tuition. The instruction is not only useful for the circuit, but it is also very valid for the road, as they will identify a wide range of aspects of driving, some of which you may be unaware of.

Map

Multimap Location (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?GridE=-0.93050&GridN=53.92230&client=public&lon=-0.93050&lat=53.92230&place=Elvington,York&db=freegaz&local=&type=&start=&limit=&overviewmap=&scale=100000&lang=&db=freegaz)

Schedule

27th May

We have access to the airfield on the Friday night for those that would like to arrive early, from about 18:00. Please come and find me or call me on the mobile number in the mag when you arrive so I can direct you to where the camping areas (tent and caravan/motorhome) are being set-up.

28th May

Notes - Spectators are more than welcome, and there will be a LOT of action during the day as we have a fabulous circuit set-up with a 1/2 mile straight to get some great speed up. There is also a buttie wagon on site during the day.

09:00 Trackday Kickoff
09:15 Driver Briefing
09:30 Familiarisation Lap
10:00 Open Pit
12:30 Break for lunch
13:30 Track Action resumes
17:00 Circuit Closes

18:00 BBQ starts
18:00 Bar Opens
20:00 Band in Marquee
11:00 Last Orders
11:30 Bar closes

29th May

Notes - There is a buttie wagon on site all day and we have a wide range of activities planed during the day, details below.

11:00 Treasure Hunt around York
13:00 Concourse starts
15:00 Prizes etc etc
17:00 End

During the Sunday, we have a handling course, ladies challenge and a 1/4 mile.

Other Stuff

I have been contacted by a chap who has garage facilities, a stones throw from tha airfield, so if anyone needs anything then we have someone that can help.

I have probably forgotten a number of things, just ask if you need to know anything. :thumb: :thumb:

mikey
19-05-05, 08:23 AM
If we are not participating on the track, is it possible to pay int the display area. I came year before last, but cant remember what the procedure was.

See ya there
Mike

andybrown
19-05-05, 10:59 AM
Sounds great Rob, thanks. Did you manage to get a shuttle sorted for ladies shopping in York? No problems if not, it'll probably save me some dosh....

Regards

Andy Brown
RAM with Chevy 350
side screens from Mr Rubix

queeniee
19-05-05, 01:13 PM
What is the Ladies Challenge?
Will the 1/4 miled be started by a Sportsman or a pro Tree with recorded E.T.?
Thanks for the informations.

Marty V6
19-05-05, 01:15 PM
Robert

I am in the process of buying a track ticket from a member. I do not know whether I will be able to make the start of the day. If I miss the briefing, am I allowed on the track? Or will I be able to have a word with someone when I do eventually arrive?

Cheers

Marty

robert
19-05-05, 05:48 PM
Mikey

Yep, just turn up and come on in. There will be a butty wagon etc and you can have a look at us making fools out of ourselves!!!

Andy

No, I did not manage to get the shuttle organised, as the costs were prohibitive, although there is a bus stop just down the road that will take people into York. :D :D

Queenie

On the Sunday, we will have the handling circuit set-up, and we will be inviting Wives to drive their husbands cars and we will judge the ladies. ;) I cannot remember what the 1/4 mile was set up for last year, but the image below were the results.

http://www.cobraclub.com/crcforum/user_files/1533.jpg

Marty

No problem, you can turn up a bit later, although you might have to wait a bit for the briefing and familiarisation lap. :thumb:

HTH

Steve Senior
19-05-05, 06:23 PM
Rob

Don't forget S&J and RPM Sports Cars with both set up stalls.

Steve

robert
19-05-05, 06:31 PM
Rob

Don't forget S&J and RPM Sports Cars with both set up stalls.

Steve

Steve

Thanks for the reminder, do you know when they are arriving?

Steve Senior
19-05-05, 06:45 PM
RPM Sports Cars - some of the guys will arrive Friday tea time, Steve Rose could be as late as 2am as he's not setting off from Dorset until 4pm. He asked what the arrangements are for late arrivals?

S&J will arrive Saturday morning.

Steve

robert
19-05-05, 06:53 PM
Hmmm, I would think the gate will be shut by then, to ensure we don't get some chav coming in and trying to do donuts up and down the runway after the pubs shut.I will have a chat with the security guys on the Friday.

clive a brown
27-05-05, 12:16 PM
Hi Rob, We will be arriving late on Friday as well - leaving high wycombe at about 8pm

Regards Clive

Ricky
27-05-05, 03:43 PM
Hi Rob, We will be arriving late on Friday as well - leaving high wycombe at about 8pm

Regards Clive

robs already up there, if you have anyproblems give me a call i will be able to help if the gates are shut:thumb: