PDA

View Full Version : South East Expedition to Elvington!!

crendonman
20-05-05, 11:36 AM
Hi Guys,

Crendonman the 'lurker' here :D :thumb:

Now I am back in dear ol' blighty, can we agree a time and venue where we can meet for the run up to Elvington (Friday Morning)

M11 Services has gotta be favourite (Stansted or Peterboro ?).

I'm asking now 'cos if its raining on Sunday, I'm not going to be at The Grasshopper.

Such a wimp! :-(

V8 BJC
20-05-05, 12:05 PM
Why dont us southerners meet at an earlier point

(The Grasshopper / clacket Lane ?)

Would be good to do the tunnel in Convoy.

simon finlay
22-05-05, 02:16 PM
Give us a time for your passing of the Peterborough area< Simon

V8 BJC
23-05-05, 07:58 AM
Where are you all :confused:

Lets agree a departure time from south of the tunnel and we can work out collection points and times from there.

crendonman
23-05-05, 01:46 PM
Brian,

I spoke to DaveN and PurpleAK yesterday at the Westerham meet and it looks unlikely that they will be attending. As you already know Plod cannot go so the S E Expedition, is currently floundering.:-(

I am not going out of my way to meet at The Grasshopper, maybe we could meet somewhere else, say A25/A21/M25 Junction near Riverhead??

May I suggest that we start off around 10.00hrs, Dartford Tunnel by 10.30, bottom of M11 by 11.00, top of M11 by 12.00hrs.

Then its a long haul up A1 (A1M) dont under estimate the time it will take, particularly bearing in full compliance with the statutory speed limits:angry: , meeting up en route :D , breakdowns, natural breaks :whatever: etc, etc.

So I guess 12.30hrs at Peterborough Services (A1) to pick any Essex/Midland wide boys!!:thumb: :thumb:

Dont want to arrive too late otherwise it will be too late to assist Rob.

What do you think??

crendonman
23-05-05, 01:48 PM
Oh I nearly forgot!!!

That would mean Birchanger Green Services (Stansted Airport) around 11.15/11.30hrs

robert
23-05-05, 02:16 PM
Don't get there too early otherwise you won't be able to get in, about 18:00 will be fine. :thumb:

plod
23-05-05, 02:34 PM
I spoke to DaveN and PurpleAK yesterday at the Westerham meet and it looks unlikely that they will be attending. As you already know Plod cannot go so the S E Expedition, is currently floundering.

Thats because I'm not going. Everyone is dropping out.. ......

Hope you all have a great time and I hope to see you all very shortly..

love me x

pat b
23-05-05, 02:47 PM
Why dont you all meet me outside Ricky's school at 3.00pm he is going to nick the keys off uncle Rod so you cant get in befor us.PAT:D:D:D:D

Purple AK
23-05-05, 06:20 PM
Ok Crendon/Brian, We're in :D :thumb: See you at the first stop on the M11 ;)

V8 BJC
23-05-05, 07:07 PM
Brian,

I am not going out of my way to meet at The Grasshopper, maybe we could meet somewhere else, say A25/A21/M25 Junction near Riverhead??

May I suggest that we start off around 10.00hrs, Dartford Tunnel by 10.30, bottom of M11 by 11.00, top of M11 by 12.00hrs.

What do you think??

I am OK to meet at Junction 5. Do you think we need to leave that early? I am OK if we do.

Chris - are you for meeting at 10am at Junction 5?

Purple AK
23-05-05, 07:24 PM
Brian. Fine with us :thumb:

V8 BJC
23-05-05, 08:23 PM
OK then here is the plan so far

10:00 M25 J5 V8 BJC, CrendonMan and Purple AK meet
10:30 Dartford Tunnel
11:00 M25 J27, M11 J6
11:30 Birchanger Green Services (Stansted Airport)
12:00 Top M11 J14
12:30 Peterborough Services (A1)
Then up the A1

I am happy to co-ordinate meeting up at various points for anyone who wants to join us.

If you want to meet us, post up here where you plan to join the M25, M11, A1.

I will collect everyones phone numbers before we set-off to ensure that we collect all that want to meet. My number is 07713 152 513.

crendonman
24-05-05, 11:33 AM
Thats because I'm not going. Everyone is dropping out.. ......:confused: :confused:

Hope you all have a great time and I hope to see you all very shortly..

love me x[/quote:f2fdfae2ad]

Don't kid yourself PLOD !!

Purple is now going, specifically because you're not !:D :finger: :whatever:

Don't get there too early otherwise you won't be able to get in, about 18:00 will be fine. :thumb: (Quote)

Rob, we can always stop for refreshments!! :p

Brian/Chris,

Looks like we've got a date at Junction 5 :thumb:

V8 BJC
24-05-05, 12:55 PM
Nice one - hopefully we will get a few people join us along the way.

Can you let me have your mobile number for Friday - just in case

I tried to PM you but your box is full

crendonman
24-05-05, 01:08 PM
Nice one - hopefully we will get a few people join us along the way.

Can you let me have your mobile number for Friday - just in case

I tried to PM you but your box is full

NOW UNFULL??? :confused:

You have mail! :thumb:

robert
24-05-05, 01:16 PM
NOW UNFULL??? :confused:

If you are a member, drop me your membership number.

Ricky
24-05-05, 01:47 PM
Why dont you all meet me outside Ricky's school at 3.00pm he is going to nick the keys off uncle Rod so you cant get in befor us.PAT:D:D:D:D

sounds like a plan pat:) do you want to met me at my school or at my house? house is closer to the m1 and easer to find, have you got my pm of the map?

hows the clutch looking? are you going to leave it or start chopping the gearbox up?

simon finlay
25-05-05, 01:57 PM
Hi, we will join you at Coltersworth which is about 25 miles north of Peterborough on the A1 at the services. I think you should be there about 1pm but I am meeting Kev there to give him a lift so will get there a bit early so we are ready to roll straight away. My mobile is 07753 868431. Looking forward to a great weekend and more new friends, see you all soon, Simon

DayCoupe
25-05-05, 06:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
I will be joining the convoy as a passenger with Simon at Colsterworth Moto services. Unfortunately I am not a cobra owner as yet so im very greatful for the lift with Simon. I look forward to meeting you all on Friday, and to having a great weekend :thumb:

I have my fingers crossed for the weather, hopefully we will need :-}

V8 BJC
26-05-05, 12:11 PM
Hi, we will join you at Coltersworth which is about 25 miles north of Peterborough on the A1 at the services. I think you should be there about 1pm but I am meeting Kev there to give him a lift so will get there a bit early so we are ready to roll straight away. My mobile is 07753 868431. Looking forward to a great weekend and more new friends, see you all soon, Simon

Nice one Simon, I will give you a call on Friday mid morning and let you know how we are getting on:thumb: