PDA

View Full Version : Elvington surface

pat b
22-05-05, 04:43 PM
Could anyone pelase tell me what the airstrip surface (track) is like at Elvington please?

Now here's my dilema. I live in Harrow so round trip to Elvington is about 400 miles, plus I'm booked on the track and plan to drive like a man possessed, made worse by my inexperience, so as hard as it is to believe there could be a GD spinning off. Also on the Sunday there's the slalome and the quarter mile. I have toyo proxes 245/45ZR17 95W all round with approx. just under 2 millimetres of tread left above the wear bars. Any opinions as to whether these tyres will see me through the weekend, or should I fit a nice new set and completely knacker them?

Thanks, PAT

dodger
22-05-05, 05:39 PM
Hi Pat,

Where have you been ? Not heard from you for a while.
Don't put new tyres on & go out on the track as you really will wear them out straight away.
You should be OK with the existing ones, just don't go wheel spinning all the way round the track ! ! !
Give us a call, did you book the Prescott Hill Climb for the end of June ? ?

robert
22-05-05, 05:51 PM
Could anyone pelase tell me what the airstrip surface (track) is like at Elvington please?

Now here's my dilema. I live in Harrow so round trip to Elvington is about 400 miles, plus I'm booked on the track and plan to drive like a man possessed, made worse by my inexperience, so as hard as it is to believe there could be a GD spinning off. Also on the Sunday there's the slalome and the quarter mile. I have toyo proxes 245/45ZR17 95W all round with approx. just under 2 millimetres of tread left above the wear bars. Any opinions as to whether these tyres will see me through the weekend, or should I fit a nice new set and completely knacker them?

Thanks, PAT

Pat

As long as you look after them, and don't get them too hot and then continue to go round, you should be OK. Have a chat with me on the Friday night, and I can let you know how to look after them. :thumb:

You might want to see if a mobile fitter is willing to come out to you on the Sunday to fit a new set for the journey home. ;)

pat b
22-05-05, 06:03 PM
As long as they last long enough for me to have fun up there that will do.
If the worse comes to the worst I was thinking I could get it relayed back by the AA (because it probably won't start:D) or stick it on the back of one my mate's passing lorries. The only thing I'm not sure about re looking after them, when I had the day with Don Palmer being a dummy I could them very hot and I'm not sure if it's my imagination but it seems to me that they are nowhere near as grippy as they used to be, if this is possible?

Hi Dodger, like the air filter I'll give you a ring a bit later this evening if that's ok.

PAT

Ricky
22-05-05, 07:19 PM
i seem to remember that we had alot of under-steer with the high speed corners, so long as your not to heavey with your right foot your rear tyers should be ok.

Do you think i will have enough room for my helmet and bag in the car or shall i give some stuff to rob to take ??

regards

pat b
23-05-05, 11:51 AM
i seem to remember that we had alot of under-steer with the high speed corners, so long as your not to heavey with your right foot your rear tyers should be ok.

Do you think i will have enough room for my helmet and bag in the car or shall i give some stuff to rob to take ??

regardsNo probs Ricky will be room but dont give anything of value to Rob that I may; sorry we; may use on the way up:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ricky
23-05-05, 04:46 PM
ok cool, i will get a map sorted for you tonight, so you know where to go when you get off the m1. how are you feeling? not gunna wussey out on me are you :) cheers mate

reagards