PDA

View Full Version : At last it is up and running

TINKA
22-05-05, 10:23 PM
Well after all the mods I have done plus an engine rebuild and change from RV8 to 351W we have finally managed to get it started today. Like to give a huge thank you to Steve Senior who has given up his entire weekend to help with supposedly setting up the Mega Squirt, but in actual fact in the end managed to help me fix all the things which went wrong ( which is far toooo long to go into now ) but at least it is running. Just have to play around with all the settings now and try to get it through an MOT :angry:

If it works have attached a clip of it running

tonym
22-05-05, 11:15 PM
Well done Tinks and Steve, hope you pass the mot and i look forward to seeing you next friday :thumb:

the4bidden
23-05-05, 01:48 AM
well done martin!!

hope all the finishing off goes ok

V8bassman
23-05-05, 09:49 AM
Well done! Fingers crossed for the MOT.

tony
23-05-05, 01:04 PM
Well done Martin, obviously a good weekend for getting engines started:thumb: :thumb: .

crendonman
23-05-05, 01:53 PM
Well done Tinka!! :thumb:

Another blue blood amidst us !! :angel: :angel: :D

plod
23-05-05, 03:43 PM
Well done Tink,

Excellent achievement and looknig forward to hearing about yr bragging rights as yr now in the premiere league...

Are you off to Elvington? If so, have a good weekend. Bet get 500 miles under yr belt so its nicely run in.

See you soon.. ;) ;) ;) ;-)

Steve Senior
23-05-05, 09:28 PM
We're keeping fingers and toes crosses for the MOT.
Best of look
Steve

chesterak
23-05-05, 10:00 PM
:thumb: Nice one Tinka - its good to recognise the helpers :thumb:

Mr Bling
23-05-05, 10:21 PM
Great news Martin, I know the feeling when at last all the hard work pays off. See you at Elvington
James

TINKA
24-05-05, 09:30 PM
Thanks for all the comments :thumb: just to let you know it passed today so all is on for Elvington :D :D See you all there ;)

DayCoupe
24-05-05, 10:04 PM
Really pleased that you managed to get it ready for the MOT. And congratulations on the pass. All the hard work, blood, sweat and tears (well nearly at times :D ) have now paid off.

Good luck with getting up to Elvington, hope its a problem free journey for you.

Did you and Robert manage to get the engine map set up?

robert
25-05-05, 11:40 AM
Yep, spark map is working fine now, the engine is running a bit on the rich side, just need to back that down a bit to ensure it doesn't start washing the bores. :thumb:

DayCoupe
25-05-05, 11:47 AM
Great stuff, I will look forward to hearing her run at the weekend then :thumb:

Rob
I want to join the club as i haven't got around to it yet :confused: Martin gave me an application form on Sunday to fill in. Can i bring this to Elvington and subscribe, or will i need to post it to Marion?

Cheers

robert
25-05-05, 11:59 AM
Rob
I want to join the club as i haven't got around to it yet :confused: Martin gave me an application form on Sunday to fill in. Can i bring this to Elvington and subscribe, or will i need to post it to Marion?

Cheers

Yep, just bring it up with you and give it to Marion. :thumb:

DayCoupe
25-05-05, 12:04 PM
Yep, just bring it up with you and give it to Marion. :thumb:

Cheers Rob

V8 BJC
25-05-05, 12:12 PM
Thanks for all the comments :thumb: just to let you know it passed today so all is on for Elvington :D :D See you all there ;)

Congrats Martin - you must be chuffed about getting to done in time for Elvington. We are chuffed too as we can all have a nosy :thumb:

See you there