PDA

View Full Version : Registration

Grease Monkey
30-05-05, 12:36 PM
Last hurdle to go, registration.

Since i live 2 miles from the Bristol DVLA office it would appear to be an obvious choice. However i've heard a couple of nightmares about waiting for 3 to 6 weeks just to get an appointment, and then them trying to foist a Q plate on you.

Anyone have any info on whether my other local(ish) DVLA centres do a 'while you wait' service ? (Cardiff, Reading Worcester perhaps?)

Also other than
MOT, donor V5, folder of receipts, SVA cert, cheque book, Insurance cover note, anything else i'll need?

Grease Monkey
31-05-05, 05:18 PM
Easy, (so far).

Just dropped by today at 4pm, took ticket no 451. They were serving No 378... D'oh.

Then a very nice girl came round and asked if anyone wanted help filling in the forms, so i almost had her arm off. Took 10 minutes to copy and stamp all of the documents, car examination booked for Thursday. Bargain. :thumb:

Now all that remains is to convince the examiner bloke that enough stuff has come from the Jag. Am i right in thinking:

Front and Rear Axles, Front and rear suspension, Steering column and Transmission (Diff) all count ?

Hope so!

steamyrotter
31-05-05, 08:37 PM
Adrian.

Well done and good luck.

Just a little question ref the Receipts..

What is the minimum content of receipts are they looking for??

I think this is going to be the major hurdle for me as it's a 4th hand kit and god knows engine... No reciepts were forthcoming for them.....

Cheers

Dean.

Grease Monkey
31-05-05, 08:51 PM
All i presented at the time was:

MOT,
SVA,
Insurance Cover note,
V5 for the donor
Receipt for the Chassis & Body from GD
My ID (Photo Driver licence)
Cheque for 38 & six months VLF
V55/5
V627/2

No interest in the engine or how/where i got the Jag donor from. I suspect that they might need some more about the donor for the inspection?

steamyrotter
31-05-05, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I may not be in too much stumm.

Any chance you can let us know how you get on please???:D

Cheers

Dean.

steamyrotter
31-05-05, 08:58 PM
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
:D :angry: :o :(

Grease Monkey
31-05-05, 09:02 PM
Eh ..???
:confused: :confused:

Purple AK
31-05-05, 09:27 PM
I suspect that they might need some more about the donor for the inspection?
Not as far as I was concerned ;) Just made sure the engine no was as stated and the chassis no was present ( advised that it should be perminantly stamped on the chassis for theft reasons) As far as what was from a Jag donor was concerned, He neither looked or was worried. It could have been Skoda or 2CV. ;)

steamyrotter
31-05-05, 09:39 PM
Eh ..???
:confused: :confused:

Sorry
Posted twice and couldn't figure out how to delete the last.....

:-(

chesterak
01-06-05, 12:52 PM
The chaps at Chester local office were not interested in the individual components. Just that the car looked new and had the chassis vin plate riveted on (if you do this, no need to stamp the chassis).
All other docs checked before hand. Worthy of note; first registered date is 19/5/05 (with old W reg) but do not need an MOT for 3 years. :thumb:

robinj66
01-06-05, 01:38 PM
Same at Maidstone - they just check the chassis number against the form ( I read it over to them) and that was about it. The donor components are all dealt with on the form which you have already submitted. If you're wise your donor V5 will have been updatedto show the "correct" engine etc.

GOOD LUCK

bc_suv
01-06-05, 02:16 PM
Hi all,

I am just about to register my new engine into the donor car. Do they inspect this or will I just get a new V5?

Regards,

Brian C

Purple AK
01-06-05, 02:39 PM
Hi all,

I am just about to register my new engine into the donor car. Do they inspect this or will I just get a new V5?

Regards,

Brian C
Just send off the V5 with change of engine No and cc :thumb: