PDA

View Full Version : Stereo

cobrabear
01-06-05, 01:31 PM
I know that it could be considered a capital offence when you have a V8, but the wife would undoubtedly be a more frequent traveller (and thus, I would have more excuses) if the Cobra had a stereo. Has anyone else (had?) to fit one? If so, what did you find the best postion for the speakers?

Cheers

Matt

robinj66
01-06-05, 01:45 PM
Depends on the kit. I put the speakers in my Sumo on the rear bulkhead, near the centre so that they are not obscured by the seats. Trouble is that there is not a huge amount of room between the bulkhead and the petrol tank and you can hardly hear the stereo (45watts) when doing any appreciable speed ( V6 with underslung exhausts.

If you can mount them under the dash or in the doors you may get better results

tony
01-06-05, 02:12 PM
but the wife would undoubtedly be a more frequent traveller (and thus, I would have more excuses)

Cheers

Matt

Matt.

Get her an ipod, keeps my other half quiet for hrs.;) ;) ;) .

Tony.

TINKA
01-06-05, 05:07 PM
I agree with Tony I'm in the process of taking my stereo out at the moment as it is a complete waste of time as you can't here it with all the wind noise unless you turn it right up and then you just look like a plonker :p

smash
01-06-05, 05:26 PM
Cd player is great for 20mph residential limits and for everywhere else......just fit a headphone socket! :)

fcukruss
01-06-05, 08:24 PM
ill agree with that
i put a cd player in mine,waste of time,skips due to hard suspension and you cant hear it when you are pushing on.wish id never bothered now

dont waste your time and mess up your trim.

russ

Robin427
01-06-05, 09:53 PM
My stereo is provided by Chevy
350 cu.in. of pure audio pleasure

Clarkson
01-06-05, 10:26 PM
Yeah forget the radio, complete wast of time. I agree with MR Robin 350 chevy with side pipes sounds much better!:thumb:

dave.n
01-06-05, 10:47 PM
I've just taken mine out.