PDA

View Full Version : SE region Fast car show Brands hatch

dave.n
01-06-05, 05:04 PM
The European Fast Car Show is to be held at Brands Hatch on the 20th & 21st of August.
This was held last year at the Hop Farm, most of us are still picking grass out of our cars. I doupt very much wether Brands Hatch will let us rip the place to bits doing donuts.
I have booked our Cobra stand.
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE INFO.

If you want to put your name forward please feel free to do so.

Andy S
01-06-05, 05:06 PM
Put me down, I'm not missing this one, especially as its at Brands Hatch.
Nice one Dave.

Purple AK
01-06-05, 05:13 PM
Me Too Please Dave :thumb:

gwak76
01-06-05, 06:05 PM
Would like to join you if possible :D

dave.n
01-06-05, 07:59 PM
Latest news driver and car free passenger £10

aston martins on the track sat. british racing and sports car club sunday.
I have requested arena parade and pending on times there could be opportunity for track parades (not confirmed). Plus loads more.

roger h
01-06-05, 08:58 PM
Sounds great Dave book me a space please, Roger

dave.n
01-06-05, 09:54 PM
Latest news driver and car free passenger £10

aston martins on the track sat. british racing and sports car club sunday.
I have requested arena parade and pending on times there could be opportunity for track parades (not confirmed). Plus loads more.

dave.n
02-06-05, 11:42 AM
Sorry for the repeat message(thats the problem with one finger typing)

For the racing line up for sat and sun please see

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/

http://www.europeanfastcarshow.com/

The Fast car show website has not been updated but should be soon.

crendonman
02-06-05, 12:27 PM
ME!! ME!! ME!! ME!!

Count me in!! (Both Days) :thumb:

Nice one Dave :thumb: :D

V8 BJC
02-06-05, 12:41 PM
:-( :-( On Holiday :-( :-(

Louise
03-06-05, 04:27 PM
It sounds good! A certain yellow number will be on show :D I have got my club interested so prepare for the invasion. . .

dave.n
03-06-05, 07:23 PM
See you there LOUISEIt's looking douptful you guy's outnumbering us very shortly

Andy S
03-06-05, 08:28 PM
Brian, CANCELL THE HOLIDAY:thumb: :thumb:

Louise you will not outdo us at this one:p :p

Just a thought if Astons are on the circuit Saturday, what are the chances of the LeMans cars making an appearance????????:D

gareth08
04-06-05, 08:00 AM
Hi everyone,
Think I'll put in apperance at this one then.Engine should be run in by then and suspension mods finished so a blast round the track sounds fun.
Gareth

plod
04-06-05, 09:23 AM
I think I've aleady been invited. I believe I am displaying........ ;)

dave.n
04-06-05, 12:29 PM
Plod

WHAT WILL YOU BE DISPLAYING???????

fiona
04-06-05, 05:35 PM
Please count me in :D :D

Fiona

fiona
04-06-05, 05:45 PM
PS. Hope the 4.0L blue Sumo with lots of chrome is OK....

Fiona

Andy S
04-06-05, 07:29 PM
Gareth we know about the engine, BUT WHAT SUSPENSION MODS??????
Plod JUST BE THERE ALRIGHT, NO EXCUSES
Fiona, ARE YOU A NEW MEMBER OF THE SOUTH EAST REGION?????? or has Billy no mates had a sex change????

dave.n
04-06-05, 07:47 PM
Update :-

There will be a bar, music and food on the sat evening for all who wish to participate.

darbynp
05-06-05, 08:02 AM
Dave
I could come down on the Saturday, 20th August, if a place is available. Thanks Nigel.

dave.n
05-06-05, 11:29 AM
Darbynp
It's not mandatory to be there both day's the more the merrier if you can make it.
I can't be there on the Sat but Andy S and Purple AK and Crendonman will be there with 15 or more others and make sure you are all welcome (we have a 20 car+ pitch for both day's).
Looks sure to be a good weekend with lots to do with a load of racing thrown in for good measure.

plod
05-06-05, 09:43 PM
Plod

WHAT WILL YOU BE DISPLAYING???????

This I hope... well I would post a pic, but I seem to have lost that facility.. :mad:

Was told that there is a massive bash for the Kit car industry at Brands Hatch but think it's later than the date posted on this thread.

It's still only up the road though isn't it? Wel, anywhere is just up the road at 220mph he he he :angel:

dave.n
05-06-05, 10:29 PM
Yes Paul

That I believe is being run by the Total Kit Car guy's.
I don't know if they have a date yet as they were in consultation with the Brands Hatch people for suitable dates.
As soon as it is announced and we are invited I'll post.
Does bromley pageant look douptful for you? If it is not possible let me know as soon as possible and I can let someone else take your spot.
Tell em to get their finger out or leave the interior and we can black out the windows like you requested.

plod
05-06-05, 11:11 PM
I'll have to say no then. Quite disappointing really. I know you joke but if its not ready then I cant turn up insomething half built.

Still, if it is, could pop through anyway, kidnap Ian' car, shove it round the side somewhere and put mine inits place..

Hope you find a replacement, just dont try too hard..

Cheers mate..

fiona
06-06-05, 10:17 AM
Hi Andy,

Yes, I am a new SE region member! Have only had the privilege of owning my Cobra since Feb 05. Hope to meet everyone at Brands in August if there is space for us!

dave.n
06-06-05, 10:51 AM
Fiona
It will be great to see you.
Come down to the Grasshopper on the 12th (next sunday)
There is an extra meet this month as we are doing the bromley pageant on our normal meet day.
We are meeting there at 12 midday. We are then going to drive a couple of miles to the Woodman at Ide hill and gatecrash the TVR meet.
We have a you must be smiling rule at all times.

fiona
06-06-05, 11:17 AM
Sounds great Dave. Will definitely be there. By the Grasshopper, do you mean the pub on the green in Westerham?

gareth08
06-06-05, 08:45 PM
Fiona,
It's the pub on the A25 on your right as you come out of Westerham village Westbound.
You won't miss it.
Gareth
Edited by Purple AK :thumb:

gareth08
06-06-05, 09:59 PM
Thanks for editing my post. Was that you Mr purple Man!!!!!!!!!!
It's been a long day.
Gareth

dave.n
06-06-05, 11:36 PM
Fiona

http://www.grasshopperinn.co.uk/

Hope you find it ok
I'll PM you contact no's

robinj66
24-06-05, 10:38 AM
Better late than never! I should be there at Brands - car now sorted so the exhaust doesn't drag along the ground:thumb:

lutman
24-06-05, 01:53 PM
Am hoping that my car arrives from South Africa end July / beginning August.
(Venom Cars 427SC, sold in USA as Backdraft, based on BMW running gear and with 400cu in Chev).
If in time and all SVA' d I will also be at Brands with you !

Chris Lutman

dave.n
24-06-05, 02:14 PM
Chris

Your very welcome. Even if your car isn't ready come along and make yourself known.
This sunday we are at the Bromley pageant so the turnout at the Grasshopper may be on the slim side.

dave.n
25-07-05, 08:21 PM
Fast Car Show update.

Spoke to Trevor today.
For those camping, space permitting will be ok on the stand but obviously must be all packed away by show time.
There will be a drive out on the Sat night for those who wish to join in then later there is a buffet, music and bar once again if you want to.

Both days the arena is arranged (time to be alloted)(sorry no donuts this year) and Parade lap is arranged and will depend on race conditions on the day (which means it could be canceled at any time)(especialy if they stack the astons).
We have booked a stand for 25 cars both days. Driver will be free (by ticket) passengers will be charged. They will request no's in order to send out free entry tickets for drivers. There are discounts if you pre-book for passengers.

Miket
25-07-05, 11:34 PM
Hi Dave

Subject to dates when the wife will be going away, I would love to come, will there be room 1 Cob and 1 person for a last minute decision.

How many are camping, so we can have a **** up or are you all going to your cosy warm beds. :D :thumb:

Purple AK
25-07-05, 11:38 PM
Of Course you are Welcome Mike :thumb: We are camping, but if the weather turns there is always a warm bed at ours :thumb:

Miket
25-07-05, 11:48 PM
Cheers mate, do I need to book a ticket now or can I let you know at a later date, Jeanne is flying to Corfu sometime in the middle of August, depending when I can get a cheap flight (I know, tight git :( ) so she can be with our daughter well before the birth of my first Grandchild, I will be driving out to join them early September.

I am almost certain that she will have gone by then, but you never know. :thumb:

Purple AK
25-07-05, 11:52 PM
Just let us know :thumb: We'll Blag it ;)

fiona
26-07-05, 08:59 AM
we want to come along for the weekend and camp too. Should we buy our tickets now and is there anything else we need to do?

lutman
26-07-05, 11:09 AM
Please add me to the list.

dave.n
26-07-05, 06:40 PM
I know a few of us will be camping.

As to when the tickets arrive I haven't got a clue.
Then it's a case of getting them to everyone. I may have to stand on the gate for a bit. Or you'l have to ring one of us when you get near. I'm sure you will have to pay for passengers anyway.
As Chris has said we'll have to wing it for now. Looking forward to seeing you.

Miket
26-07-05, 06:45 PM
Not a problem re passenger, I will be on my own, you better save me a ticket, I don't fancy driving from Devon, then turned away at the gate. :-( :( :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gwak76
26-07-05, 07:04 PM
Can I sleep in someones tent please, I am only small and don't eat much :rolleyes: promise not to eat a curry the night before :D

fiona
27-07-05, 09:34 AM
Don't want you in our tent :p but we have a spare 1-2 man tent and sleeping bag that will fit in the boot!!

gwak76
27-07-05, 12:06 PM
Don't want you in our tent :p but we have a spare 1-2 man tent and sleeping bag that will fit in the boot!!

You can hurt someones feelings you know :-(, but sleeping in the boot sounds like a good offer :D . Thanks for that but I have me bits and bobs sorted out :thumb:

dave.n
27-07-05, 12:19 PM
Fiona
I'd even buy a tent rather than the alternative.

Gary
I'm not so sure you would wanna be in my tent as I will be having a ruby the night before :eek::eek::D .

gwak76
27-07-05, 12:25 PM
Gary
I'm not so sure you would wanna be in my tent as I will be having a ruby the night before :eek::eek::D .

Better stick a no smoking sign outside then, don't want you going up in a puff of smoke now do we :D

Dave, you could sing songs and teach us how to make side screens around the camp fire :thumb:

dave.n
31-07-05, 09:46 PM
could do with a flag for this one, anyone got one we could borrow :thumb:
the one we borrowed before has been returned.

Miket
31-07-05, 09:54 PM
Hi Dave

Does it look something like this :thumb: :D

Purple AK
31-07-05, 09:57 PM
Normally has more Cobs round it :D ;) Mike if you are attending them maybe you could...........Er.............. Bring it?? ;)

Miket
31-07-05, 10:06 PM
Sure will mate. :thumb::thumb:

South West lot won't go out if any sign of rain, I got soaked to the skin coming home, but was a good show with air display also.

How many people does it take to put up a Gazebo, answer below. :( :D :thumb:

Purple AK
31-07-05, 10:10 PM
Thanks Mike :thumb: :thumb:

dave.n
31-07-05, 10:11 PM
Mike

for gazebos ONLY THE ONE !

We have an ANDY S. :angel:

The most helpful tool in the box when it comes to setting something up at shows.
:thumb:

j9kks
01-08-05, 12:16 AM
Andy S :angel: the gazeebo King:thumb: :thumb:

dave.n
01-08-05, 10:07 PM
I notice he hasn't replied to this one yet.

Jack
In answer to your question, there will be room for whoever wants to come along. Looks like there will be loads of cobs.:thumb:

gareth08
01-08-05, 11:06 PM
Papa Smurf,
Now I'm back you'll have to put up with me again.Spoke to friend this evening and he said I can do donuts at Brands just to upset you and he wants to see you go from blue to white :D :finger: :p

I think Andy is still looking for his step ladder so he can reach the Gazebo :finger:
or he's still comatosed :D

It's great to be back :D :finger:

j9kks
01-08-05, 11:37 PM
Hi Gareth I hope you had a good one,:thumb: nice to see you are back with the same humour:thumb:

dave.n
04-08-05, 11:07 PM
THERE WILL BE NO TICKETS.
YOU MUST QUOTE THIS NUMBER TO GAIN ENTRY OR PAY FULL PRICE.
X136 Quote South East Region Cobra Club. (and be driving a cobra)

Car and driver get in free providing your in your Cobra and quote this number you will be shown to the stand. Passengers will have to pay £12 or pre-book for discount ticket will then be £10.
See attachment.

Miket
04-08-05, 11:20 PM
It says that exhibitors should make the effort to be on site by 10 am, as I'm coming across from Devon, it will probably be later than that, will it be ok. :confused: :thumb:

P.S you didn't scribble your address out to well, I can still read it. ;) :thumb:

dave.n
05-08-05, 10:03 AM
Thanks Mike for bringing everyones attention to it.

Just turn up when you can. It will be great to meet you and any others I have not met before. The odd one or two late comers shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure they won't turn anyone away for being two minutes late. The late comers may miss the arena display or the track parade laps depending on what times we are allotted. These will be determined on the day.

dave.n
05-08-05, 11:02 AM

Car and driver get in free providing your in your Cobra and quote this number you will be shown to the stand. Passengers will have to pay £12 or pre-book for discount ticket will then be £10.
See attachment.

Andy S
05-08-05, 11:07 PM
OK its only 2 weeks to go now so can we have an idea of who is going and on what day(s) please.

Also if you are planning on camping overnight as well would be helpful.
Only asking as I will be there with Purple to meet and greet on Sat as billy wont be there until the evening so it would be nice to know who to expect. Some have already indicated earlier but just trying to get a better idea as plans can change etc.

Cheers see you all soon.

Miket
06-08-05, 09:39 AM
Andy

Weather and all else permitting, I shall be there around lunch time on Saturday and yes I will be camping. :thumb: :-}

Is anybody taking a cooking stove, save me filling the boot with useless items. :confused: :confused::D :thumb:

darbynp
06-08-05, 12:57 PM
I should be able to attend on Saturday.

Purple AK
06-08-05, 06:24 PM
Andy

Weather and all else permitting, I shall be there around lunch time on Saturday and yes I will be camping. :thumb: :-}

Is anybody taking a cooking stove, save me filling the boot with useless items. :confused: :confused::D :thumb:

Yes Mike. We have a SE Region Stove, Kettle, Tea, Coffee, Milk and Cups Etc ;)

gareth08
06-08-05, 09:04 PM
Hey Chris,
Could you also take a complete set of spares i.e drive belts, spark plugs,throttle cable etc) for a Sumo :p :thumb:

I won't be able to get anything other than beer in my boot :D and we all know you have the only Tardis discused as an AK :p
Thanks

danny b
07-08-05, 10:25 PM
Hi

Any chance I could tag along on the Sunday?

I live in Orpington anyone wanna drive down in convoy?

j9kks
07-08-05, 10:31 PM
Andy all going well I should be there Sunday, cant say about saturday may have to work:-(

Ricky
07-08-05, 10:33 PM
what GD's are going? pat you gunna come? you do need to make up for lost time:p

robert stevens i think you trek down to!

regards

Andy S
07-08-05, 10:33 PM
You are more than welcome to come along either day, if you look at the earlier post from Dave it will give you the ref number to quote on arrival, that way car and driver get in free....
Not sure who is coming from where yet or on what day(s) but keep an eye out here as I am sure as we get nearer to the event people will start to hook up in convoys etc.

dave.n
08-08-05, 12:01 AM
Listen carefully I will say this only once.

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME
JUST MAKE SURE YOU QUOTE THE NO' . Passengers have to pay.

Steve
09-08-05, 07:15 PM
Can I pop along too

Weather and all else permitting, I shall be there around lunch time on Saturday and yes I will be camping.

Steve

Andy S
09-08-05, 08:05 PM
Steve no problems mate just make a note of the ref number top quote on arrival, Mike T is getting there about lunchtime as well from the west country so it wont be a problem.
Lokk forward to seeing you there.

gareth08
09-08-05, 09:15 PM
Papa Smurf,
Just read info as instructed and did note the bit about donuts :mad: :-(

I assume also that under the parade lap bit a good pace will be over 100mph :thumb: :D

Can you confirm this as GWAK 76 is going and he will need towing at this speed due to lack of gears in box :D :p

Miket
09-08-05, 09:23 PM
Can I pop along too

Weather and all else permitting, I shall be there around lunch time on Saturday and yes I will be camping.

Steve

Hi Steve

See ya there mate. :thumb::thumb:

Anything for a simple life eh, but fancy copying and pasteing my reply in your post. :rolleyes: :thumb: :D

dave.n
09-08-05, 11:47 PM
The more the merrier.

Sorry boy's and girls I won't be there until sat night as I'm driving back from my holiday in Cornwall sat afternoon. I will leave the welcoming to Andy, Chris, Gareth, Jack and all the others who will no doubt be the happiest bunch of cobrateers you will ever meet(no change there then). ;)

Steve
10-08-05, 12:05 PM
Andy, what reference number....can't find one

Miket
10-08-05, 12:09 PM

See attachment.

Its here Steve. :thumb:

dave.n
11-08-05, 11:22 PM
Andy

Just found another 4 cobra owners that I didn't know of in kent. they said they would come along. Look out for them please they are well keen.

gareth08
12-08-05, 03:38 PM
Dave,
Banner frame now made.
At least no one will be able to miss us now.
Not at full height in photos as we'll need someone who is 8ft tall :p
Guess thats Maggot smurf out the equation then :finger:

dave.n
12-08-05, 04:40 PM
Gareth

Brill.
I guess maggot smurf will have to stand on donut smurfs shoulders then.
(I can't believe I said the smurf word, we will have to ban it immediately)

gareth08
12-08-05, 05:50 PM
Here you go Papa Smurf. :p
A few pics to keep you happy :finger:
You can now dream about smurfs and banners every night :D

Andy S
12-08-05, 09:44 PM
Dave, who are these extra people just uncovered do they have names ?????
Gareth superb job finishing the frames they look the business mate, no excuses for not seeing us now!!!!!!

Miket
12-08-05, 09:47 PM
Andy

Did you get another pole and stake, or do you want me to bring it all next weekend. :thumb: :thumb:

Purple AK
12-08-05, 09:49 PM
Mike. Not had a chance to get another pole :( So can you bring it please :thumb: Don't worry about the stake though ;)
P.s. If I can pick up a pole before I'll let you know

Andy S
14-08-05, 09:50 PM
Chris you beat me to it, been a bit busy the last couple of weeks and havnt had time to get a new pole, so Mike if you can bring the pole and stake as well as the banner it would be much apreciated.

See you on Saturday

Purple AK
15-08-05, 07:28 PM
As usual we will be supplying Tea and Coffee over the weekend, (As well as Bacon Rolls on Sunday morning for those camping ;)) We have a limited supply of plastic cups but can I suggest that you bring your own mugs :thumb:

gareth08
15-08-05, 07:42 PM
Does anyone know whos meeting who and at what time and where

Purple AK
15-08-05, 07:54 PM
Gareth.

Andy and us (And maybe Miket) intend to get there between 8.30 and 9.00. See you on site :thumb:

Andy S
15-08-05, 08:29 PM
As Chris says a couple of us are going straight to Brands about 8.30-9.00 am.
Not sure what others are doing re meeting up points etc, so if you want to do that then put your suggestion on here then those that want to can join in.
The Essex mob are meeting up and coming down together, god help us !!!
I expect the Folkestone boys to do the same etc etc, as for the rest, no idea, sorry.

gareth08
15-08-05, 09:40 PM
Thanks. :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

sparky mark
16-08-05, 07:47 AM
Count me in Dave !!!!! Nice One

Mark "SPARKY" Rogers

Ram 289

Louise
16-08-05, 11:50 AM
Racing Timetables
Saturday http://www.amoc.org/files/Brands_Hatch_20_08_2005.pdf (http://www.amoc.org/files/Brands_Hatch_20_08_2005.pdf)
Sunday http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/events/event-details.asp?ProductID=505 (http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/events/event-details.asp?ProductID=505)

I really am looking forward to this having got over fifty of my lot interested (and still rising!) I am going on Saturday and will be sure to drool over the Cobra's :thumb: Look out for a gleaming R400 NOT on the Lotus Seven Club stand :D

badger
16-08-05, 12:52 PM
Is there still room for a silver Hawk 289FIA with a fat bald driver but a reasonable looking passanger, on the stand on either day?

robinj66
16-08-05, 02:32 PM
"Folkestone " boys are meeting at Burger King (usual place) to set off about 8.00am. The more the merrier.

Andy S
16-08-05, 08:44 PM
Stu you are more than welcome, just look back over the posts and you will find the code to use on arrival to gain free entry for car and driver, passengers have to pay I am afraid.

Be nice to catch up with the Folkestone Boys havnt seem you guys in a while>>>>

Oh its going to be a fun weekend.......

Andy S
16-08-05, 10:07 PM
Weather Update

Friday - light showers
Saturday - Sunny 22 degrees :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Sunday - no idea yet - update tomorrow

ASTON MARTIN race day sat
BRSCC mixed racing Sunday

Lokks like its going to be a good weekend:p :p

V8 BJC
16-08-05, 10:14 PM
I Am A Bit Gutted To Be Missing This One - On Hols Next Week.

Have A Good One - Hope To Be At The Grasshopper On The 28th

See Ya

Miket
16-08-05, 11:46 PM
Weather Update

Friday - light showers
Saturday - Sunny 22 degrees :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Sunday - no idea yet - update tomorrow

ASTON MARTIN race day sat
BRSCC mixed racing Sunday

Lokks like its going to be a good weekend:p :p

I've been checking it for days, looking good. :thumb: :thumb:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1418

gareth08
17-08-05, 04:04 PM
Has anyone seen any advertising for this show????????

There is nothing in the local papers and I drove past Brands today and there is no advertising at all with reference to this event :(

Tried doing a web search and all it came up with was last years event at Paddock wood :(

Eventually came to Brands web site but although it's mentioned it doesn't say that much about it.

Anyone seen any advertising or heard anything about it apart from this site.

Miket
17-08-05, 04:35 PM
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/news/article.asp?NewsID=829

gareth08
17-08-05, 07:04 PM
Mike,
I know the links you posted are there but there doesn't seem to be anything else and also there is nothing to take you to those links apart from this site. :confused:

Purple AK
17-08-05, 07:53 PM
Try http://www.europeanfastcarshow.com/ ;) :thumb: :D

Alaska Gray
17-08-05, 08:11 PM
Hi
My missis saw a small sign (A3 size) bottom of Linton Hill South of Maidstone:thumb:

Andy S
17-08-05, 08:24 PM
I put some A5 flyers in the pub last week, but Gareth is right there has been little or no local advertising. Then again who cares its a free weekend for us, plus racing, plus a chance to chill with friends over a beer or 3 !!!!!
See you all there Saturday or Sunday

gareth08
19-08-05, 09:44 AM
Lets hope the weather is better on Sat/Sun than it is today.It's chucking it down here. :(

fiona
19-08-05, 01:29 PM
meant to be brilliant sunshine and about 23degrees according to the good old unreliable BBC website!

gareth08
19-08-05, 01:32 PM
meant to be brilliant sunshine and about 23degrees according to the good old unreliable BBC website!

Lets hope the've got it right for once then.

Still not to worry Gazebo on route just in case :D

Andy S
19-08-05, 09:29 PM
Just checked the forecast and the rain will clear overnight and it will be dry and fine Sat, with the slight risk of a shower later in the day. then Sun is fine sunny and partly cloudy. Temp both days expected to be 22/23 degrees. Not quite bikini weather but decent none the less.
SEE YOU ALL IN THE MORNING>>>>

Andy S
21-08-05, 04:19 PM
Great 2 days had by all, especially nice to see Tinka, Mike T & Stewart make the journeys.
Photos etc will follow shortly.
Few more attended today but hey what the heck, a good P*ss taking session had by all, especially those of us that camped over.
Couple of minor hiccups including holed sump on the way up to Brands, luckily it was fixed with a deft application of metal paste,the exit point for the object under the rear arch will take a little longer I suspect, one eye problem hopefully sorted via the hospital-get well soon BOB, and OH YEAH I BLEW MY DIFF IN THE ARENA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!came home on the back of a flatbed breakdown truck, still at least I can put the money I saved on fuel towards the repairs........No doubt others will be on later to extract the Michael so I thought I had better get in first.

robinj66
21-08-05, 05:54 PM
Just to add to the above

A MILLION THANKS to all who assisted in the repair of my sump. Got it fixed just in time to follow around the "parade ring"and watch Gareth getting the evil eye from Mr "No Donuts" and Andy blow his diff!

Great day on Saturday and well done to Bob who managed to drive his Ram home to Deal whilst doing a good impression of a pirate:D

PS Well done to Mr & Mrs Purple for the refreshment etc:thumb:

Purple AK
21-08-05, 07:47 PM
:thumb: Many thanks to all those who turned up to make it Great Weekend ;) :-} Shame about the amount of breakdowns, But apart from Andy's diff all were fixed/bodged onsite :D Just to prove that we welcome any and everyone in the SE, attached pics show the level we go to! (Onsite GD overnight garaging ;) ).
Totally out of the blue, Mrs P got recalled to the Arena for the best in show awards, and walked off with a Highly Commended (Nice supprise) :-}
PS. Sorry Steve. You really took some flak :( But to your credit it just bounced off, Good on yer :thumb:

Andy S
21-08-05, 07:56 PM
Weldone Mrs P ..did you get a trophy or what ?????

Miket
21-08-05, 09:39 PM
May I thank the South East rabble for the a great weekend and making me feel welcome :D now I know why they have got such a big following, what a great bunch a guys and gals they are. :thumb:

I would also like to pay special thanks to Mr and Mrs Purple for all the free food and drink, there's not many folk who can get half a pig in the boot of an AK, mind you saying that, I think Gareth did a pretty good job getting all the show stuff in his Sumo. :finger:

One more special thanks to Mrs Purple (Liz) for checking every hour throughout the weekend that my pacemaker was stiil working :thumb: and waking me up at 7am, shouting to see if I was still alive, as she was quite worried that I had passed away in the night due to hyporthermia. :angel: :-(

What she didn't realise was that I had been awake most of the night due to the amount of flatulant noises coming from the surround tents. ;)

Andy, sorry about you rear end, nothing to do with the night before, I mean your diff, well you will try and play with the big boys. ;) seriously, Its tough luck and I hope you get it fixed pretty quick without to much expense.

Thanks again all. :thumb:

P.S From the pictures enclosed, we all thought that Anthony (Chimera) had paid us a surprise visit.

Think Chris is still suffering from alcohol poisoning.

Got home in 3 1/2 hours and thats taking a detour to the Gatwick turning on the M23 :(

Andy S
21-08-05, 10:12 PM
mike glad you got home safe and sound, 3 1/2 hours is a damn good run from Brands fair play you, great to meet you and lets hope there are plenty mpre events where we can all get together. Already looking forward to the Le Mand Classic if this past weekend is anything to go by.

Steve
21-08-05, 10:18 PM
Just want to add my thanks to all the SE crew for such a great weekend, It has been years since I was last at brands hatch and forgotten how good the racing there was

I want to thank liz especially for supplying the bacon butties, and making me (and the GD) feel soooooo welcome!, Andy and crendonman for all the entertainment in the show ring,

It really was a great weekend, I look forward to the next one!

Andy S
21-08-05, 10:24 PM
Steve ditto Mike , glad you got home safe and sound, appologies for the p-ss taking/banter, lovely car though mate, and at least it didnt break !!!!
next time can you let us know you are dissapearing for an hour in the morning!!, we nearly sent out a search party!!!

Miket
21-08-05, 10:33 PM
Just want to add my thanks to all the SE crew for such a great weekend, It has been years since I was last at brands hatch and forgotten how good the racing there was

I want to thank liz especially for supplying the bacon butties, and making me (and the GD) feel soooooo welcome!, Andy and crendonman for all the entertainment in the show ring,

It really was a great weekend, I look forward to the next one!

Evening Steve

Thanks for the short drive in your car, that is one hell of an engine, I've still got the grin on my face, that is one mighty quick car, beats the hell out of any boat anchor. :D :D :thumb:

Glad you home safely, see you at our Chritmas bash. :thumb:

TINKA
21-08-05, 10:44 PM
Evening Steve

Thanks for the short drive in your car, that is one hell of an engine, I've still got the grin on my face, that is one mighty quick car, beats the hell out of any boat anchor. :D :D :thumb:

Glad you home safely, see you at our Chritmas bash. :thumb:

Had a great time meeting the southern rabble for the first time ;) and was made very welcome, Enjoyed the bacon butties courtesy of Mrs Purple.
Yes Steve I will have to second that about your LS1 what a motor. Glad you all got back safe and look forward to meeting you all again soon. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

tonym
22-08-05, 12:06 AM
Shame i had to miss the event as my car has been poorly for a while :-(:angry:, although i hear from Tinka that my memory lives on in the SE region as the "mixed grill king" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

gwak76
22-08-05, 04:31 AM
A big thanks to all, great two days fun, faces old and new, nice bit of organisation from Dave and crew :thumb:

One thing was for sure it's better than being at home with Liz looking after you :thumb: , food and drink on tap and some of the best entertainment at anyones expense you could find :D glad to see the Purple crew win a trophy.

Steve
22-08-05, 02:46 PM
"Thanks for the short drive in your car, that is one hell of an engine, I've still got the grin on my face, that is one mighty quick car, beats the hell out of any boat anchor. "

Aw thanks chap....seeing as it is a stock cheapie pull out from a rear ended camaro I think it goes OK! can't wait till the new heads & cam are fitted though!

next time you can have a proper run out......

Louise
23-08-05, 02:02 PM
It was nice to see some of you on Saturday, and the Cobra’s looked great as always! I could not make it down to the arena to see your mayhem but it certainly sounded good!! My club had a great weekend, and having helped organise it I was pleased at the number of Sevens that turned up (nudge, nudge :D ) The M.E. got the better of me during the afternoon but where better to collapse than by the racetrack ;) I was sorry to learn that there were a few problems over the weekend, although it sounds like you had a good time all the same.

V8 BJC
28-08-05, 10:37 AM
Andy, Andy, Andy

Remember that pisstaking post regarding my split hose at Rockingham ?????

Hope to see ya later :D

Glad to hear that you are all back together :thumb: