PDA

View Full Version : Southern Automotive ?

FatBoy
07-06-05, 07:26 PM
Hi,
I'm considering buying a 427 Side Oiler from Southern Automotive in the U.S. and I would like to know if anyone has any direct experience of them.
I've spoken to Bill at SA and he comes across as very knowledgable and reasonable but as they're such a long way away, I thought it wise to get some second opinions.
Thanks
Paul

Adrian472
07-06-05, 07:34 PM
Paul
Look up a forum user in here called Mark Beddingfield, he has a Dax with a 489ci shelby alloy engine built by SA, And check out the US site they have a good rep over there, but also speak to kiethcraft about one of his engines, he is cheaper.
All the best
Adrian

Andy S
07-06-05, 07:41 PM
Paul, dont forget to check out the warranty aspect, the states is a long way off if something goes wrong, and any saving on the purchase way get wiped out if there is a problem.... just my opinion.......

crendonman
08-06-05, 10:22 AM
Hi,
I'm considering buying a 427 Side Oiler from Southern Automotive in the U.S. and I would like to know if anyone has any direct experience of them.
I've spoken to Bill at SA and he comes across as very knowledgable and reasonable but as they're such a long way away, I thought it wise to get some second opinions.
Thanks
Paul

I have spoken to Bill Parr myself and found him to be very knowledgable. Having also spoken to John Kerr of Crendon about SA, John stated that Bill is a top guy and charges very realistic prices and provides a top service. :-}

Just my six pennies worth!! Usual terms and conditions apply! :D

FatBoy
08-06-05, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys for your positive feedback.
I've also sent an email to Keith Craft inviting him to quote and give his views.

Incedentally, if I buy a new engine, this means I have a 427 S/O block, crank & rods (+ a few other ancillary bits and bobs) for sale.....anyone interested?

Cheers
Paul