PDA

View Full Version : Doughnuts in public?

Rat Boy
07-06-05, 09:18 PM
I've been asked to put on a car display for a charity/promo day locally in September. The organiser has also asked if (for a 2 to charity payment) members of the public could be doughnut'd. Another of my mates has put his name forward to put on a motorcycle stunt show on the day.

What I need to know is how do we stand as regards public liability? What authorities need to be informed etc etc.

plod
07-06-05, 09:24 PM
Where you doing it? Go speak to the local council.. Or tell to organiser to organise it and get it in writen format.

Sounds like a lot of bother, but who really will be having fun?

Oh and speak to someone who has cheap tyres.. better still, put some rubbish ones on first

Grease Monkey
07-06-05, 09:26 PM
A lot of 'charity' public events over recent year have had to be canned because of insurance worries. The Bridgwater carnival raises a fortune and the best part of somerset spend the year making the floats but it's almost been cancelled as they needed to raise something daft like 25k insurance.

I can't imagine your personal insurance company would touch you on this one. Lets say you're having a good time burning up your VERY EXPENSIVE rear tyres and the passenger falls out / puts their hand on the back wheel / someone runs out and get s knocked over...

You're looking and a whole world of lawsuits that would make Jacko look innocent. I'm afraid its a sad factor of modern life that people take no personal responsibility for their own actions. If they get hurt by their own stupidity it's your fault for not putting up fences and signs saying '400hp can hurt' :angry: :mad:

TINKA
07-06-05, 09:27 PM
If you are going to try to do doughnuts you will have to have an Power lock diff on your car to do them properly. As for 2 a go :angel: due to the time your tires are going to last that does not seam anything like enough :o

LRdriver
08-06-05, 02:16 AM
Nah.. sorry, I wouldnt do it. Waste tyres and mechanically abuse your P'n'J for the benefit of some spotty oik/ chav.

craggle
08-06-05, 09:31 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts

Homer

mikey
08-06-05, 12:20 PM
I agree - risk too great without insurance and I guess insurance will be inhibitive.
Mike

youngling
08-06-05, 05:30 PM
sounds dodge man, what size area u got to play on btw?

TINKA
08-06-05, 05:42 PM
sounds dodge man, what size area u got to play on btw?

Is this a new dodgy form of English or something :confused: or a strange new code :p

youngling
08-06-05, 05:47 PM
lol i dunno iv always said dodge instead of dodgey,its effort to say dodgey.......too many syllables ;) ;)

Grease Monkey
08-06-05, 06:06 PM
Mrtin, Itz Ths Nw Txtng Ling0. Spo0z 2 Mk Thng Ezr 2 Tpe, Yr Old Get!

youngling
08-06-05, 08:47 PM
beware!!!!

TINKA
08-06-05, 08:53 PM
In that case my card is not only marked it is totally obliterated :( :(