PDA

View Full Version : New models for AC Cars

london
08-06-05, 12:28 PM
See the attached link to Autocar:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=215494

mikey
08-06-05, 01:03 PM
Im sorry but I think the car looks awkward and ugly. I can see the mouth and rear wing tochstones but then the rest looks contrived and awkward fitting into this concept.

I wish them well but I personally think they have missed what I would call an identity by miles.
Mike.

Paul B
08-06-05, 01:19 PM
Mikey

I think you're dead right. This seems more like an MX-5 or MGF on steroids rather than a derivative of an established icon.

I wouldn't want one.....unless they're giving them away !

Paul

shadow
08-06-05, 01:40 PM
Ehm.......Nah....
Even if they were giving it away, I'd flog it and get a proper one! ;)
Cobra is an Icon an origonal design that was given to AC to build. its not a Lotus nor a Ferari who have different models. Yes ok AC do do different models, but you know what I mean.
Cobra is a Cobra, they got guts to try something new, but the lines dont flow like they do on a cob and it isnt so easy on the eyes either.

But its someones job to draw up new designs and in that respect they have used the curvs to blend in a modern version quite nicely, even if its not to our taste. But dont call it a Corba.:thumb:

mikey
08-06-05, 01:54 PM
Took another look for blending.

Sent application form for part 1 Automotive Design Studies to AC plus the sotware tool that allows sensitive trimming of curves and straights.

Sorry but I really do think its a cross between the new Bentley, a cobra and a goldfish. Bit of a pg/dog/rat really.

Mike(oo ya bitch)

richc
08-06-05, 03:31 PM
I like it;) ... Let's face it folks, Cob's look great but they only "flow" if you ignore the upright windscreen and the driver!

Rich

mikey
08-06-05, 04:44 PM
Depends if you own a belly like .............. or a top end like...........
They flow then.

Bart Simpsons head profile would flow in the new one. The added bolt in Frankenstein would really harmonise the lot.

Mike

samourai
08-06-05, 08:44 PM
I'm really sorry to teach you for one time, this sketch design come from a real concept car by Shelby himself , you can see the real picture of it on this link :

http://www.shelbyforums.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=504

Have a really good fun gentleman.

Samourai from France

mikey
09-06-05, 08:44 AM
These look better. The opening at the front and the shape of the rear wings is more appropriate for a box or angular form. He hasn't tried to mix the stong curve of the original mouth shape and wings with straight edges.

Thanks it illustarates exactly what I was trying to portrait.

Just wish I could rationalise on my own design work sometimes
Mike

Kevin W
09-06-05, 09:58 AM
The shelby desing looks better, but it still suffers from the boxy styling and those '80s looking side skirts. Not for me - too angular and box-like.

Kevin

Paul B
09-06-05, 10:24 AM
On one of the US sites someone who is in design used the photos of this new Shelby car as the basis for some further graphic development. I can't remember which site but the result was really good and was sent off to Ford for their consideration.

Items like the open mouth need to be rounded like the original rather than looking like a bottom feeding fish!

Paul

P.S. If I can locate the US site mentioned, I will post the address.

mikey
09-06-05, 01:58 PM
Shame AC didn't take this route. Seems we are all in agreement
Mike

mylesdw
09-06-05, 08:31 PM
It reminds me of that rather ugly re-release of the MGB V8 that occurred a few years ago. Actually the MG was probably better looking, the 'new' AC looks as if it has a case of middle age spread!