PDA

View Full Version : Scs (sportscar Services)

glyns427
08-06-05, 06:09 PM
Has anybody information on SCS, (SPORTSCAR SERVICES). They used to based in Peterbrough in the late eighties so i've been told and then disappeared. Did anyone buy the buisness? If so,which would be the nearest kit to it at the moment? I've just bought one from Scotland, so please be kind if you're gonna slate it! (the car not Scotland). But i would be grateful of any info. Mine was built by a garage in 1989 at the request of the kit purchaser. The original reg was MJD 759L, although its now on a Q plate. It was originally red but was resprayed in 2001 in blue. The bonnet is badly finished and could do with a new one at some stage. Will any bonnet fit? Does anybody else have one? (the car not the bonnet). Thanks for the help. :D

plod
08-06-05, 09:42 PM
Hi mate.

Probably of no help whatsoever, but last year at the Le Mans Classic, we (Crendonman and me) spotted a white SCS on the site. We were head scratching for a good long while before being told it was the fore runner to ......... bugger, forgot. AK or Southern Road craft..

It was a top motor though, very well put together and had a good few miles on it too.

Good purchase I reckon for you mate. Well done and good luck and welcome and blah..

;)

kdavies3
08-06-05, 09:44 PM
I remember that conversation at LM and I think it was the forerunner to AK.

glyns427
09-06-05, 05:40 PM
Gawd bless you my sons. Thanks for the info. Possibly see you guys at Newark.