PDA

View Full Version : Colours colours colours colours

BenBaron
10-06-05, 08:55 AM
Ok guys, Im getting really obssessed and feeling sick at the moment as I cant decide which colour to go for.
Ive narrowed it down to 4 ;) 1 being Guardsman blue (from Wilfs car), another blue I cant identify but its from this website and I think a Dax, a red I think is Candy Apple Red and Silver.......

so what I need are more opinions, and if the people whose photos Ive posted can let me know what paint codes they have used (Especially Wilf with your volvo blue) then that would be great :)....

could also do with knowing where to get the stuff from...

cheers

Ben

crendonman
10-06-05, 09:21 AM
Ben,

The Volvo Blue Reference (Guardsman Blue as per Wilfs and my Crendons) is – A1630.

Go Candy Apple Red!!

V8bassman
10-06-05, 09:21 AM
Lots of people asked me this question at Elvington, so for the record the colour scheme is MG X-power Grey with MG Starlight Silver stripes. I'm still trying to find the actual paint code reference so I can get some touch up for all the stone chips!

craigh
10-06-05, 09:24 AM
personally i think the red cobra you have a picture of looks stunning,prob even better in the flesh

BenBaron
10-06-05, 10:14 AM
Cheers Guys,

bloody hell 2 daves answering at same time...

David (crendonman), any idea where I can get hold of some of that paint? I dont know where to start looking yet...

Dave (V8bassman), looks real good Im so tempted but dunno ARGGGG

Craig, the red is really luvly, such depth to it but Im a bit unsure about red umming and ahing about it, but the wife wants it!, problem is if it doesnt come out like that I will be sulking!

westborne
10-06-05, 10:43 AM
This ones Ford Imperial Blue and Ford Stardust Silver

westborne
10-06-05, 10:58 AM
Sorry forgot the pic

JonnyT
10-06-05, 11:35 AM
I like the silver - but I'm biased as I decided to go for that colour some time ago!!!

BenBaron
10-06-05, 12:56 PM
I also like the silver, but Im attempting to get a couple of samples of colours, I think in order of preference at the moment Im in the mood for Guardsman blue, Candy red then silver, but I'll wake up in the morning with it completly the other way round....oh wait a minute changed my mind already, Candy Red, G Blue, Silver........see what I mean....Somebody please decide for me........

Louise
10-06-05, 02:57 PM
Somebody please decide for me........

Alright then, no problem :D

The silver is cool so silver it shall be :thumb:

Will I get a ride in it now?

BenBaron
10-06-05, 03:02 PM
Nah gone off silver now :)

you will if you can prise the misses fingers off the wheel :)

Cabo
10-06-05, 03:10 PM
None of the above :D The blues are not blue enough :p Go for some deeper shade of blue. I think the Dax Cars blue of the old Tojeiro demonstrator is a BMW colour.

But then my own non-Cobra motor is that colour as well, so Im biased!

ps You will never get an answer here on this one! Its far too much of a personal choice. You be as well asking us if we think your wife is good looking. Ahem. You get my drift :angel:

BenBaron
10-06-05, 03:22 PM
Certainly know where your comming from Cabo, but its always nice to hear peoples opinions on the matter, helps in a way, swaying me from one way to another and of course sharing my frustration at the decision :)

paolo
10-06-05, 04:00 PM
Your car or the wife? :D

tarmacscratcher
10-06-05, 04:35 PM
How about this for a colour scheme? ;)

V8 BJC
10-06-05, 05:10 PM
Hi Ben

How about this colour?

cobradreamer
10-06-05, 06:31 PM
I think that I have just come up with a simple solution to your dilemma. Build four Cobra’s, one in each colour, then all you need to do is jump in the one to suit your mood.

Neil O
11-06-05, 06:29 AM
Ben,

I reckon Guardsman blue looks great on more 'authentic' cars, silver and candy red would be better suited to the 'modern' take on a Cobra, ie Dax etc. But hey, each to his own, this is just my opinion, and not a statement of fact.

My Dax is Strathcaren Blue (Lexus) and Ivory stripes (Ford).

What colour/style is your interior, or haven't you decided that yet?

Cheers,
Neil.:D

rich
11-06-05, 10:16 AM
Heres some more to look at,
Just to confuse things further

http://www.ffcobra.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/22/t/000112.html
and
http://www.ffcobra.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/22/t/000108.html

JonnyT
11-06-05, 03:52 PM
if I was uncertain about the colour I was going for I'm really not sure that would have helped Rich!!! Great pics though

kayjayd
11-06-05, 08:07 PM
Lots of people asked me this question at Elvington, so for the record the colour scheme is MG X-power Grey with MG Starlight Silver stripes. I'm still trying to find the actual paint code reference so I can get some touch up for all the stone chips!

Is this what you're looking for Dave?

http://shop.mg-rover.org/product_info.php/products_id/494

BenBaron
13-06-05, 08:49 AM
Ok guys,

thanx for all the good replies (and the stupid ones, especially liked the pink mini!), I like the red and blue gallerys on the ffr site, but all that has done is add to my problem :(

But after waking up this morning Im almost decided on Red, but Ive still ordered a sample areosol of guardsman :)

How on earth does anybody make up their mind on this, its becomming a nightmare!

cheers
Ben

V8bassman
13-06-05, 07:13 PM
Thanks kayjay, just ordered one!