PDA

View Full Version : Name That Caliper !!!

lazyboy
26-06-05, 02:34 PM
Elo

Right I'm confooosed ! Can anyone name this caliper ? Its got a Fiat stamp on it an a few numbers but I can't find anything as to what it might be. Its mounted to a rear axle from a cortina I think.

TTFN

AL :thumb:

kevchard
26-06-05, 03:29 PM
How have you got a fiat caliper on a corty back axle? Cortys are norm drum brakes (9" ish on 2litre engine).
I will get them pics of to you Al as soon as i have finished moving furniture :(.
Cheers

kevchard
26-06-05, 03:30 PM
Can you post some rear pics of your car (without fibreglass lid on), so we can see if it is corty.
Some vipers had a sierra rear end.

lazyboy
26-06-05, 07:08 PM
Cheers Kev

Ok heres a few of the back axle. I don't know what it is, front is definately corty. Tell me what you think !

:thumb:

kevchard
26-06-05, 08:00 PM
Looks like a corty rear axle. Goodness only knows what the 'disk conversion' is tho :(. I use www.buysellcortina.co.uk for all corty related questions (don't tell them you are making a kit car tho, just b sketchy).
I will post a thread on the corty club for you if you like.
Looks like you have a typical non standard (or straight forward) Viper, well and truley welcome to the one off zone :).
Cheers

lazyboy
26-06-05, 09:14 PM
HeHeHe

Yeah you do it for me ;) I'd give it away what I'm doin an forever be nobby no mates over there :D

Thats not the first weird thing ! Someone had welded two pistons together in my slave cylinder for the clutch :os Sometimes I just don't understand peoples !!! Cheers to JRV8 for sortin that one though !!!

Cheers

AL

PS ... Where are your manifolds ;)

kevchard
26-06-05, 09:23 PM
http://buysellcortina.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=7504&view=getnewpost

follow the link for answers on the corty club.

lazyboy
26-06-05, 10:04 PM
Nice one Kev !

Looks like its a 124 spider or 131 or similar, same one was used on a lot of them. It all looks ok. I was looking to see in case I need any spares for them but it all looks ok, pads are new and so are the discs an pistons are fine to so yay !

Onward !!!!

:D