PDA

View Full Version : For your diary “West Wiltshire Villages” followed by a “Dip

the rock doc
27-06-05, 06:48 PM
Robert,

Please excuse me for posting here for my yearly tour but I don't think that many people read the Trips Out & Drives (http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34) !!!!

I am organising my yearly tour on August 14th. called “West Wiltshire Villages” followed by a “Dip and Dine”. Last year we managed 15 cars. :D :D :D

Anybody from the Wessex/Bristol groups or further afield, are more than welcome to join us, but I would appreciate it if you could let me know by email ("robpoulsom@hotmail.com") by the Friday before if you are planning to join us so that we know how many to cater for.

Cheers.

The Rock Doc

“West Wiltshire Villages” followed by a “Dip and Dine”.

For anyone who would like a tour through some beautiful Wiltshire countryside, you are more than welcome to join us at the “Central Play House” car park in Salisbury on Sunday August 14th from 10:15hrs, leaving promptly at 10:30hrs(MEETING POINT ONE)(there are toilets at the far end by the river but be warned, they do charge 20p for one pee)!!!!

FOUR MEETING POINTShave been set up for anybody who wishes to join further North.

Leave the main car park via the “West” exit.

Turn right at the end and go straight over the next mini roundabout and under the railway bridge.

On the main roundabout with traffic lights, take the A36 to Warminster.

Go straight over at the next set of lights.

After 2½ miles turn left to Wilton. (large roundabout)

In the centre of Wilton, go straight over at the traffic lights.

At the Bell Pub, turn right to Great WishfordDrive through Great Wishford and go straight over at the Royal Oak Pub (signposted Wylye and The Langfords.

Follow the river and railway line.

Continue through Little Langford and Hanging Langford.

At Wylye (10:50hrs) turn left (Post Office on right), pass under the main road bridge and stay on this road which eventually narrows back to lanes.

Drive through the thatched village of Stockton, Boyton, Corton and Tytherington.

Then on to Sutton Veny. On the edge of Sutton Veny, on the brow of a hill, turn left (signposted The Deverills/Maiden Bradley

At Longbridge Deverill (11:20hrs, 20.5 miles) we will stop at the BP garage (for 15 minutes) on the crossroads for a pit stop. There are toilets (well one with a very long wait) and a shop but it is likely to be very busy, so for those not wishing to use the facilities I suggest that you wait in the George Pub car park opposite (MEETING POINT TWO).

Leaving the garage (11:35hrs) go straight over the cross roads (signposted Maiden Bradley) with the George Pub on your left.

Follow this lane and take the second on the right to Horningsham (22.8 miles).

Turn right (signposted Warminster/Longleat/Salisbury) to “Heavens Gate” at Longleat.

Drive through the Longleat Woods, past Centre Parcs and turn right at the next roundabout (signposted Warminster).

At the Cley Hill roundabout turn left.

At the next roundabout turn left onto the A36 (signposted Bath/Bristol).

On the left (11:50hrs, 27 miles) (MEETING POINT THREE)there is a very large lay-by, which will also be a catch up point.

At the next roundabout turn left and stay on the A36 to Bath/Bristol.

At the next roundabout turn right and stay on the A36 to Bath/Bristol.

At the next roundabout turn right onto the A361 (signposted Trowbridge/Bradford-on-Avon).

Drive through Rode and turn left outside the village to Bradford-on-Avon/Wingfield (by 30mph sign).

Go straight over at the next crossroads onto the B3109.

Go straight over at the next set of traffic lights to Bradford-on-Avon.

On the left we pass Midway Manor which is where “Mr Shrapnel” lived, some of his “cannonballs” can still be seen adorning the entrance gate pillars.

Drive into Bradford-on Avon (watch out for the speed humps) and over the river.

In the centre of Bradford-on Avon go straight over at the small roundabout (watch out for traffic from the left) and onto the B3107 Melksham road.

At the top of the hill, drive past the “Moulton Bikes” factory on the right (watch out for the reverse camber) and through Holt to Melksham.

At the “Country Wide” round-about, take the second left to Melksham town centre.

Go over the river bridge and straight on at the first “Sainsbury’s” roundabout.

In the centre of town, turn left at the next mini roundabout onto the A3102 Calne road.

Continue on this road past the park and straight over the new double roundabout.

Just before leaving the 30mph speed limit there is a Murco garage on the right for those of you who may wish to refuel at this point (they now sell SUPER unleaded). But we will continue for three quarters of a mile up the road.

Blackmore House (12:20hrs, 47 miles)(MEETING POINT FOUR)is on the right, approximately three quarters of a mile from the Murco garage on the Calne road, just before Forest & Sandridge Primary School and the hill. There are white posts in the verge and the drive is marked by two white stones, parking will be in the paddock on the left hand side of the drive (best to go around the round-about the wrong way to enter the paddock) weather permitting.

Lunch will be similar to the past two years – a salad with all the trimmings (and as requested extra quiche and corned beef roll) followed by strawberries, meringues and cream!! And I am sure we can find a few bottles of Bacardi Breezers for the ladies!! Remember to bring your “cossies” for either a dip in the pool or Jacuzzi/Sauna.

We look forward to seeing you all either in Salisbury or at any of the other meeting points.

Best regards.

Rob & Mo

the rock doc
08-08-05, 05:26 PM
Just a reminder!!!!

As stated above I am organising my yearly tour on Sunday August 14th. called “West Wiltshire Villages” followed by a “Dip and Dine”.

Last year 15 cars participated:D :D :D

Anybody from the Wessex/Bristol groups or further afield, are more than welcome to join us, but I would appreciate it if you could let me know by email (robpoulsom@hotmail.com) by Friday 12th if you are planning to join us so that we know how many to cater for.

We look forward to seeing you!!!!!

Cheers.

Rob & Mo

the rock doc
15-08-05, 08:11 PM
Hopefully a good day was had by all :D :D :D !!!!

Even picked up 40/50 classic cars travelling in the opposite direction!!!!

We even let a Tuscon S join us in the afternoon.

Pics can be seen on my son's site at:

http://public.fotki.com/RussellP/cobra_bits-1/wilts_cobra_run_05/ (http://javascript:ol('http://public.fotki.com/RussellP/cobra_bits-1/wilts_cobra_run_05/');)

Cheers

Chimeara
16-08-05, 05:51 PM
What a handsome looking chap and car in the second row of the que. Thanks again for a great day rob, I did however manage to clock up more miles than the run on the way home after taking an unintended cenic route. I think its called getting lost. When I get chance il post my pics on here .

Anthony

the rock doc
16-08-05, 06:45 PM
[quote:86d09b8e10="Chimeara"]What a handsome looking chap and car in the second row of the que.

So who was the film star at the front???:D :D :D

Paul B
17-08-05, 12:52 PM
Rob

I am sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but both Fran and I had a great day out and the hospitality shown by yourself and Mo was very appreciated.

To those who didn't come, you will never know what you missed ......... and the strawberries were delicious !!

Thanks

Paul

the rock doc
17-08-05, 06:45 PM
[quote:f3d8996c04="Paul B"]Rob

To those who didn't come, you will never know what you missed .........

the rock doc
17-08-05, 06:49 PM
[quote:286914cd15="Paul B"]Rob

To those who didn't come, you will never know what you missed .........

:D :D :D

Miket
17-08-05, 06:54 PM
Hi Rock Doc, you want to get a tripod for that camera or take more water with the whiskey. :D :thumb:

the rock doc
17-08-05, 07:02 PM
Hi Rock Doc, you want to get a tripod for that camera or take more water with the whiskey. :D :thumb:

Try again!!!!!

It was junior and he does get carried away!!!!!:D :D :D

So where were you??????

nbracken
17-08-05, 09:37 PM
Rob sounds like a great day out and I am envious of all those who managed to get along to make the most of a great summer day, some excellent roads and your hospitality. Well done for organising this two years in a row.

westborne
18-08-05, 08:09 AM
Rob - Looks like you had a great turn out !!

Sorry I missed it I was walking the Coastal path in Dorset on Sunday !!- Let me know diary dates for next year some time.

stay sane

the rock doc
18-08-05, 05:16 PM
[quote:bc0d5fe217="westborne"]Rob - Let me know diary dates for next year some time.

It will be the second Sunday in July or August again next year, depending on where I am in the world.:D

Cheers.

Rodders
18-08-05, 08:03 PM
Well done Rock Doc looks like another sucsessful run. Sorry we couldn't make it this year but hopefully next time. :thumb:

Rod & Celia