PDA

View Full Version : Damn Yankees Summer Show

BILKO
04-07-05, 02:56 PM
Its only 2 weeks away, looking to book a club stand if we can get enough people, can you let me know ASAP if you are interested,
IT WORKS OUT £5 PER PERSON
BILKO :thumb:

Calendar Event: 17 Jul

DAMN YANKEES SUMMER SLAM SHOW

The news for 2005 is that our show will be a static event the Summer Slam for Sunday 17/7/05 at North Weald airfield on A414 between Harlow and Chipping Ongar Essex. This popular American car show will be in itís 18th year and we will be running the show as a one-day show on the market site at North Weald. Trade stands, Live band, Childrenís funfair, Arena events and Race car demonstration, Childrenís entertainer and face painter, Autojumble, Trophies, Commentators Pete Tucker and Santa Pods John Price, Free prize raffle (Santa Pod Euro Final tickets),food, Ice Cream and bar. 9am to 5pm.

Entry prices:
Show cars. Adults £5. Accompanied Children under 14 free
General Public. Adults £10 Accompanied Children under 14 free

Club Stands
If area reps would like to book a club space please let me know how many cars you would like to book for the clubs area. .

gwak76
04-07-05, 03:33 PM
Been to this show many a time and it's a good day out, car loving folk and lots of big nasty American Muscle, love it :thumb:

smash
04-07-05, 03:48 PM
Yes, yes.....cars.....very interesting etc. But is there a HOGROAST?!! :p

I'm in (as long as I can park next to SirB's shelby MX5).

Gary - do you reckon I'll get to hear a real Haemi Cuda?!

gwak76
04-07-05, 03:50 PM
Whats a Hemoroid Cuda then, sounds painful :p

There will be Green and Orange ones, and at the Mopar Nats even more.

jenny
04-07-05, 04:53 PM
Count me in too, as long as I can park the other side of the MX5 ;)

gwak76
04-07-05, 04:59 PM
That leaves me with his rear, not sure about this :(

smash
04-07-05, 05:05 PM
You're the barman then!

gwak76
04-07-05, 05:09 PM
Cant wait for the next mince to the Woodman, nice and slow like.

smash
04-07-05, 05:34 PM
SirB - I think I may be able to 'borrow' a collapsable three panel display board - pin a couple of snake torques to, flyers what have you. LMK if any good and I'll firm it up.

BILKO
04-07-05, 07:41 PM
If It Goes In Your Boot And Is Not To Much Of A Pain To Get It There Why Not Bring It Sounds Like A Great Idea, Keep This Up We Might Start Thinking We're A Proper Club, Just Got To Find A Few Snake Torques To Put On It Now. I'll Get Lady B To Knock Up Some Flyers To Pin On It

people coming So Far are Mr &mrs Smash,mr &mrs Beak, Mr & Mrs Bilko, Jenny & Mark,gwak & his Barman Friend:eek: .
probably meet at the woodman and drive to north weald in convoy if your all up for that.

BILKO:thumb:

gwak76
04-07-05, 08:12 PM
Come on, where are the rest of you hiding, we know you are out there somewhere :p

smash
04-07-05, 08:21 PM
Aah - good point - will it go in the boot. Hmmm......I'll come back to you on that.

emgee
04-07-05, 09:18 PM
Mr and Mrs Emgee will also be in attendance, if only for the Hog Roast (or any sort of roast come to think of it). Mouth watering already ...

gwak76
04-07-05, 09:24 PM
Aah - good point - will it go in the boot. Hmmm......I'll come back to you on that.

Mrs and Damien will be along so we will have to take two cars, room inside for your bill board and any other items, remember this is not a boot sale :D

Er, no roast hogs in the boot either :rolleyes:

BILKO
05-07-05, 04:27 PM
probably not such a good idea to meet at the woodman after all, as emgee has pointed out , a bunch of cobras sitting out side the woodman early on a sunday morning aint exactly the quietest of things, just may cheese off the landlord of our new sunday meeting place. so we'll probably meet up at the Harlow round about M11 jct let you know exactly where soon.

bilko