PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Advice Needed Which Cobra???

jizzster
08-07-05, 07:24 AM
HI ALL DECIDED TO BUILD A COBRA WHICH I WANT POWERED BY A BIG AMERICAN ENGINE SO PLEASE ANY ADVICE WELCOME MONEY NOT MAJOR ISSUE

CAN YOU PLEASE EMAIL ANY INFO PHOTOS ETC ETC ANY HELP WELCOME
IM IN ESSEX SO WOULD LOVE TO LOOK AT A COMPLETED CAR

MANY THANKS LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FOR YOU

STEVEN.TAYLOR1@BTINTERNET.COM :thumb:

smash
08-07-05, 08:20 AM
Oh Steve, such a seemingly innocent question - blood'll be spilled by the end of thread!!!

If I were you, and money really wasn't a major constraint then for performance, I'd be looking at the Gardner Douglas but only equiped with their new "proper" 427 body. I'd also have a look at Magnum - the meanest looking cob around with performance to match (check out migge's gallery)

If big rims, acres of cream connelly and polished stainless and alloy get your juices flowing - head to Harlow cos it's Dax all the way.

For authenticity - Crendon - If you can get along to one of the Kent meets check out Crendonman's example. (I discount Kirkham because of the ludicrous premium Hawk charges).

Where abouts in Essex are you? There's lots of different breeds round here!

fatcat
08-07-05, 06:58 PM
Steve, the choice is many and tastes are widely different. I'd definitely have a look at 'A Guide to Selecting the Best Cobra Kit Car for You' on www.classicroadsters.com/guide.html .
A pretty competent review of the key parameters. I'd say it all depends on what your priorities are - show car, driving excitement or racing. Money being no issue certainly helps to get a real adrenaline pumper.

FatCat

Robin427
09-07-05, 12:00 AM
I've told you before - GD with an LS1... now run to the bank and get your deposit out (and turn that bloody caps lock off)