PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Wedding in March 2006

help
08-07-05, 06:14 PM
Dear Members,
I would be ever so grateful if anyone can help me, I am getting married on the 25th March 2006 at a old manor house in Sidcup Kent. My dad always promised he woud take me to my first wedding in his AC unfortunatley he was unable to fulfil this as he died of Cancer. I understand that given how precious your cars are it is not possible to hire them. Would anyone somone living near Greenwich in London be able to drive me and my bride to the old manor house in ultitmate style. I am willing to pay the going rate for this unquie and once in a lifetime experience. You would also be more than welcome to attend the after party free of charge of course should you so wish. I would only need about an hour of your time on the above date the service will commence on Saturday the 25th March 2006 at 13.00,hence it would only take halfan hour of your time. Please,Please can anyone help me for fill my all time dream to sit in the most beautiful machine ever made and take me,to my wedding.

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Chris Middleton :)

dave.n
08-07-05, 06:32 PM
Chris

I'm sorry your Dad couldn't fulfil his / your wish. I am the local CRC rep and live in Grove Park. I am also the proud owner of an old english white cobra replica. March 2006 is a long way off so between know and then I'm sure some of our guy's can arrange something.
:thumb:

help
08-07-05, 06:49 PM
Thanks for your quick response Dave that encouraging to hear.

dinosoar
08-07-05, 07:23 PM
Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about your father. I presume the car was sold?
We may be able to help you with your requirements.
My sister has been offering a 1964 cadillac convertible along with a brace of my Cobras for weddings and events for the last couple of years.
I have a Dax 427 (green/white stripes) and a Met Grey 289.
We are based in south norfolk so the mileage may start to make the job a bit costly but we can certainly help.
Andy Soar

dave.n
08-07-05, 08:10 PM
A taster just to wet the appetite

gareth08
08-07-05, 08:16 PM
Chris
You have mail (pm)

Andy S
08-07-05, 08:54 PM
Chris as Dave has said the south east region of the CRC has a lot of members and between us I am sure we can help you and your bride to fulfill your fathers dreams & wishes, below is another taster.

Andy S
08-07-05, 09:11 PM
Rubbish Photo sorry try this one, also have a look in our galleries and you will see the rest of the photos.

j9kks
08-07-05, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear about the death of your dad. Nice choice of car for the wedding and Iam sure some one will be able to help. I live in Blue bell hill,chatham kent so its not to far away.

Jack:thumb:

j9kks
08-07-05, 09:14 PM
Andy sort the pics out

Alaska Gray
08-07-05, 09:46 PM
:rolleyes: Might have mine done by then:rolleyes: :angel:

fiona
08-07-05, 10:23 PM
Very sorry about your dad. Our Cobra's blue but would be no problem to help you have your wedding day just how you want it. :)

dave.n
08-07-05, 10:49 PM
Chris
As you can see here in the South East we are always willing to help. So you have many offers and spoilt for choice so your wish is almost completed. All you have to do is choose how many and what you wish to do. If I may add a suggestion. The experience of being in a small line of Cobras rumbling down the road is second to none and does look and sound impressive.
If you are at all aprehensive please feel free to come to the Grasshopper at Westerham to one of our meets. We are having a meeting this sunday at midday and will be going on to the Woodman at Ide Hill at about 13:00.
We also meet at the Grasshopper on the fourth sunday of each month.
If you do come down make yourself known and we can chat over your requirements.
We are all private owners and do not normally hire out our cars, but do aim to please anyone who asks, or who needs a little help. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

h8jse
11-07-05, 01:00 PM
Chris

As per the rest of the guys, sorry to hear about your father. Just a thought have you considered driving yourself to your wedding in a hired Cobra? Avanti cars who are based in Reading, Berkshire hire's one, see Avanti's website: http://www.avantisportsandprestige.co.uk/about_avanti_sportscar.htm , the other contact details are:

Phone - 08701 624 911
Fax - 08701 624 911
Email - "contact@avantisportscarhire.co.uk"

The guy behind Avanti is called Chris.

My partner hired the Cobra for my birthday last year and all I can say is what a blast! the Cobra they hire is jag based with a 302 V8 in it. (see pic)

Congratulations in advance for the big day.

Hope this is of some help.

Jason

h8jse
11-07-05, 01:08 PM
Chris

I forgot to mention that if you do hire it you and your new bride to be can set off in it for your honeymoon, what a great start!:)

Jason

plod
11-07-05, 04:16 PM
Andy, I dont think they would fit in that car.

Chris. If you or your wife would like a little more comfort, can only take one, but it would be in leather clad, air conditioned style with a monster under the bonnet, keep us posted.

I expect actually you'll be getting a procession onf the things. You wont need to hire any cars, there'll be a cob for every guest. Now there's an idea..

Ha ha

pat b
11-07-05, 04:22 PM
I expect actually you'll be getting a procession onf the things. You wont need to hire any cars, there'll be a cob for every guest. Now there's an idea..

Ha ha[/quote:b753f29920]And how about we tie it in with a track day on the way. Now thats a novel way to see if a girl realy loves you lads:D:D:D:D:D PAT

plod
11-07-05, 04:24 PM
Excellent..........

Miket
11-07-05, 04:48 PM
Hi Paul

Yours should be just about ready for March 2006. :finger: :finger: :D :thumb:

chedz
11-07-05, 05:48 PM
Chris,

if you delay the wedding by about 4 years, mine might be finished and I'd lend it to you....sadly in 2006 I expect it still to resemble a pile of bits on my garage floor. ;)

Have a great wedding!!

plod
11-07-05, 06:17 PM
Hi Mike, yeah I like to be optimistic..

jizzster
11-07-05, 06:24 PM
NOT A COBRA BUT CONSIDER THIS REALLY NICE WEDDING CAR A MERCEDES E320 CABRIOLET MASSIVE 4 SEATER OPEN TOP MY CAR IS ON HTTP://GROUPS.MSN.COM/W124 LOOK AT PICTURES AND MINES 3RD PAGE

STEVE

help
12-07-05, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone for your support and help I'm overwelmed Dave it has to be said my Wife to be likes your car maybe it's because she is from Lee, I would love to take the oppotunity to come to one of your meetings but being a none driver I think this may prove difficult. Are there any meetings closer to London? Having got an idea of costs I would be looking to pay 100 pounds to each Driver for half an hour of your time to drive us to the wedding and get some photo's. Ideally I'm :angel: looking for two Cobra's one being White, if thats reasonable. I look forword to your consultancy on this matter, thanks again guys. Stay in touch If you want to see the venue look at www.bexley.gov.uk and go to services and Registrars you will see the venue called the Old Manor and a nice gravel drive to park on.

dave.n
12-07-05, 07:47 PM
Chris

I know it well.:thumb:

I got married there myself in april 2000:thumb:
Somehow we need to get in touch. For obvious reasons it's not wise to publish ones details on a website.
Keep your eyes peeled on this thread and on the private messages there is another route I can take and if I am successful I'll be in touch.;)

dave.n
12-07-05, 08:23 PM
Chris whereabouts in Greenwich / Lee are you. A rough idea where your near.

Matt D
13-07-05, 09:53 PM
Hi Chris
Very sorry to hear about your father. Although march is a long way away I would be more than happy to help you. I live in Buckhurst Hill Essex. I also have a friend with a cobra that lives in greenwich. He too may be interested? You can contact me at mattdaniels_637@hotmail.com

smash
13-07-05, 10:20 PM
Dave - you realise if you fit sidepipes now you'll melt the brides wedding dress :rolleyes: